• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chuck Schumer's words are PERFECT (regarding waiting to replace RBG's SC Seat)...

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

Perfect, no?

They are having a choice: they elected the president and the Senate. The president and the Senate should appoint a new justice.

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

Perfect, no?
Try this out instead.

eitz5aaxcaeyx6h-jpg.67296011

See, here's the problem. It was NOT the GOP's job to rubberstamp Obummer's pick of a far left whackjob for the SCOTUS. Since the Constitution says 'Advise and Consent" regarding the Senate's role, I believe telling Oblamer to kiss their collective ass, fulfills that role.

See, here's the problem. It was NOT the GOP's job to rubberstamp Obummer's pick of a far left whackjob for the SCOTUS. Since the Constitution says 'Advise and Consent" regarding the Senate's role, I believe telling Oblamer to kiss their collective ass, fulfills that role.

nah, they just stonewalled for 9 months because they hated him. that's all it was.

and, now, their own words come back to haunt them (well, not really. they have no integrity).

dude. the OP is McConnel's actual words from 2016.

i just embarrassed the shit outta you and it was really fun.
I picked up on that right away, was smiling when I read it. The "Republican" party are hypocrites, they really don't give a damn about the American people if it doesn't serve their personal interests and career or financial goals. They are unpatriotic trash, take out the trash in November.

Nope. The Senate did not meet its Constitutional obligation. “Advise and Consent” are actions. The Senate had a responsibility to either say yes or not. Doing nothing was not an option.

nah, they just stonewalled for 9 months because they hated him. that's all it was.
They didn't stonewall. They were straight forward with the position that they were not going to conduct a hearing for his concideration.

and, now, their own words come back to haunt them (well, not really. they have no integrity).
iLOL
I seriously doubt anyone is haunted by their prior words, whether they be on the left or the right.

yeah, they stonewalled. for NINE months.

this stuff isn't that hard. they're just hypocrites.
no, just doing the job they were elected to do. Oppose Obama and the Democrats at all costs, as they should.

Perfect, no?
It's kind of ridiculous to wait four years to fill this vacancy when we have a new president.

They are desperate to replace Ginsburg before the election, conservative dark money is pouring in.

Little is known about the anonymous donors who are funding JCN, but the group has ties to Leonard Leo, a Catholic fundamentalist and longtime executive at the Federalist Society who is one of Trump’s top outside judicial advisers. According to a 2018 Daily Beast investigation, Leo is at the center of the secretive JCN, which has been successful in boosting two other conservative judges to the Supreme Court—Samuel Alito and John Roberts—in addition to Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

JCN also has ties to a number of other conservative groups with a vested interest in the Senate quickly confirming a Trump pick, including the National Rifle Association. JCN contributed $250,000 to the NRA in 2018, on top of $1 million it gave the group in 2016 and 2017, according to OpenSecrets. Another nonprofit group with ties to Leo, the public policy think tank America Engaged, gave $950,000 to the NRA in 2017, and the NRA ran ads in support of both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

no, just doing the job they were elected to do. Oppose Obama and the Democrats at all costs, as they should.

yes, stonewalling for nine months.

just huge hypocrites that the entire nation (less the 30some % of hardcore Trump/Q folks) can see.

Ummmmmmmmmm, no. Both Ginsburg and Schumer both said to wait until the next president. We aren't going to wait four more years to fill a supreme court vacancy.

dude. the OP is McConnell's words and he's saying that we needed to wait until after the next election since we were oh so close (nine months away). Schumer just tweeted them word for word.

you embarrassed yet?

Chucky also said “By all rights, by every modicum of decency and honor, Leader McConnell and the Republican Senate majority have no right to fill it, no right,”
so it appears he might be slipping into Stage 3 dementia a la Biden.
Or maybe he's been hanging around with AOC too much.
Think there's something going on between the 2?
Has he fallen for her wild-woman charms?
Like ,la, has AOC found her sugar daddy?

dude. the OP is McConnell's words and he's saying that we needed to wait until after the next election since we were oh so close (nine months away). Schumer just tweeted them word for word.

you embarrassed yet?
When McConnell said that, there was going to be a next president that election. Obama's second term was ending. There was going to be a next president! With this election there may not be a next president for four more years. We're not waiting four more years to fill a vacancy.

you embarrassed yet?

Perfect, no?
No.
Schumer's plea to emotion has no Constitutional standing.

I wonder if either party realizes what boobs they look like after having swapped their positions from 2016.

Probably not. I suspect if a politician could ever experience cognitive dissonance, it would probably kill him.

Back
Top Bottom