• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chuck Schumer wants to swing back at the Russians

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
WASHINGTON, August 12 (RIA Novosti) – A week after senior US lawmaker Sen. Chuck Schumer called Russian President Vladimir Putin a “schoolyard bully,” on Monday he urged athletes marching in the opening ceremonies at the Winter Olympics in Sochi next year to wave the rainbow flag to show support for gay rights and embarrass the Russian leader.

I suppose because Russia has done such a good job at embarrassing the US.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20130812/18...y-Rainbow-Flag-Parade-to-Embarrass-Putin.html

Last edited:
Sure, because if I were looking for commercial endorsements on the off chance I won something at the Olympics, I would want to be losing those opportunities before they ever arrived because I did something stupid because Chuck Schumer told me to :doh

Chuck Schumer is an idiot.

The Olympics is neither the time nor place for this sort of bull****.

Isn't the sole purpose of the Olympics to transcend politics and unite the world's nation's in sport?

WASHINGTON, August 12 (RIA Novosti) – A week after senior US lawmaker Sen. Chuck Schumer called Russian President Vladimir Putin a “schoolyard bully,” on Monday he urged athletes marching in the opening ceremonies at the Winter Olympics in Sochi next year to wave the rainbow flag to show support for gay rights and embarrass the Russian leader.

I suppose because Russia has done such a good job at embarrassing the US.

US Lawmaker Calls for Olympic Gay Rainbow Flag Parade to

That would only be embarrassing those athletes who follow this senselsess rhetorice from the Obama Regime.

That would only be embarrassing those athletes who follow this senselsess rhetorice from the Obama Regime.

You might do better living in Russia. They seem to be more in tune with your beliefs.

Just sayin.....

I just like watching women play volleyball. Other than that, I usually watch Rifleman reruns when the Olympics are on TV.

I generally spend the time that I'm not watching the Olympics logged in to DP advocating for gay rights and marriage equality.

Because I very much support gay rights and marriage equality for homosexuals.

But I don't support jackass politicians turning the Olympics into a venue for political debate, even when I support the policy position in question.

Isn't the sole purpose of the Olympics to transcend politics and unite the world's nation's in sport?

That's exactly the point Captain. So far, it appears there is a consensus here that Schumer has a very stupid idea.

Back
Top Bottom