• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chuck Schumer for President?

RobertU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If Democrats are looking for someone who already has name recognition to replace Biden, why not Chuck Schumer, the senior senator from New York and the Senate Majority Leader?

Like Biden, he has extensive experience in the Senate, and he seems to be in the mainstream of the Democratic Party. True, he’s no spring chicken (he was born in 1950) but he’s still younger than either Biden or Trump.

Chuck_Schumer_official_photo.jpg

If Democrats are looking for someone who already has name recognition to replace Biden, why not Chuck Schumer, the senior senator from New York and the Senate Majority Leader?

Like Biden, he has extensive experience in the Senate, and he seems to be in the mainstream of the Democratic Party. True, he’s no spring chicken (he was born in 1950) but he’s still younger than either Biden or Trump.

View attachment 67442186
Hmmmm, interesting thought. Well respected , even by some republicans who would never admit it...

View attachment 67442186
Hillary would be far superior. Her name recognition is through the roof.

MAGA.

View attachment 67442186
If we are going to the trouble of trying to replace our nominee because he's too long in the tooth, to establishment, and too 'old school' in his thinking, too uninspiring, too WASPy, this probably not the direction to head.

Hillary would be far superior. Her name recognition is through the roof.

MAGA.
Only in the minds of magats. She's old news to democrats, please try to move on. I'm sure she has as much interest in being president as Melania does. That would be NONE.

Apparently Kamala is out of everyone's wheelhouse. Given the bench on the democrats side Schumer is a viable candidate. I don't think I've heard him ever hint at wanting to be president. If the thinks Dems will lose the senate then he might consider it. First Biden would have to declare one way or another. I'm sure its driving his own party nuts...that he hasn't declared.

Only in the minds of magats. She's old news to democrats, please try to move on. I'm sure she has as much interest in being president as Melania does. That would be NONE.
Hillary would jump at being president if she didn't have to campaign and win.

View attachment 67442186
Sure. Why not?

One puppet is as good as another.

And there's the added bonus of Schumer being able to string one thought after another and speak without ****ing up the script.

Sure. Why not?

One puppet is as good as another.

And there's the added bonus of Schumer being able to string one thought after another and speak without ****ing up the script.
That is exactly what makes Trump such an irresistible candidate, so I am glad lib-prog, i.e. Democrat, candidates operate under such strict, self-imposed confines.

MAGA.

Don't think so. Besides, she'll be 76 next year. Not exactly the new blood this country needs.

Hillary Clinton addresses rumors she plans to run in 2024

https://nypost.com › 2022/09/07 › hillary-clinton-addr...

Sep 7, 2022 — Two-time failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has insisted she will never again seek the highest office in the land.
I understand just don't think if somehow they could instantly make her president she'd jump at it. Even worse embarrassment than Bill's philandering was losing to Trump. That had to be the deepest cut of all. She must have been in denial when the returns were coming in. She was definitely measuring the drapes of the oval office. She was a horrible candidate then, she can only be worse now.

I understand just don't think if somehow they could instantly make her president she'd jump at it. Even worse embarrassment than Bill's philandering was losing to Trump. That had to be the deepest cut of all. She must have been in denial when the returns were coming in. She was definitely measuring the drapes of the oval office. She was a horrible candidate then, she can only be worse now.
Personally, I think her hubris, denial and overall horridness, contrasted with Trump's good nature, open mind and overall goodness, make Hillary an ideal candidate for the lib-progs, i.e. Democrats.

Trump in 2024!

MAGA.

I don't know one single democrat who wants to wave that magic wand. So if dems can admit she's a horrible candidate, why can't republicans be honest and say the same thing about horrible trump?

Personally, I think her hubris, denial and overall horridness, contrasted with Trump's good nature, open mind and overall goodness, make Hillary an ideal candidate for the lib-progs, i.e. Democrats.

Trump in 2024!

MAGA.
Trumps good nature and overall goodmess??? LMOA!!! I'm out.

View attachment 67442186

Chuck is to young and inexperienced!

I don't know one single democrat who wants to wave that magic wand. So if dems can admit she's a horrible candidate, why can't republicans be honest and say the same thing about horrible trump?
As horrible as he is he won the presidency so that would be one reason. He wasn't my first pick in 2016. I was a anyone but Trump person. However he wasn't a horrible president. Right now I'm paying $400 to $500 more each month for the same things than I was under Trump. The border was under far better control. We were exporting oil and keeping the prices low. He made some good trade deals.

View attachment 67442186
Yes run Chuck.

Run the person who is most likely to defeat the Republican.

The point is to put up candidates who can win.

If Democrats are looking for someone who already has name recognition to replace Biden, why not Chuck Schumer....
Jeez, how old is that photo? Yes, he's definitely a good guy, but I'd rather the Democratic candidate was not another septuagenarian.

View attachment 67442186
Yeah.

I want fresh blood.

Not dried blood.

I don't understand this. It is totally and ridiculously irrational. Must be a joke.
As a leading member (maybe mid-level leader is more accurate; definitely a leader among the lowest levels) of the MAGAsphere who peddles red hats, FJB flags and assorted pro-Trump paraphenalia for a living, I assure you my sense of humor is as close to zero as can be.

MAGA.

Last edited:
As a leading member (maybe mid-level is more accurate) of the MAGAsphere who peddles red hats, FJB flags and assorted pro-Trump paraphenalia for a living, I assure you my sense of humor is as close to zero as can be.

MAGA.
You have my profound sympathy.

View attachment 67442186

Omg, no!

What an awful choice.
He has zero curb appeal and he is not quick on his feet.

Back
Top Bottom