• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chuch Schumer announces that taxing hard work is punishment, and we shouldn't do it

Re: Chuch Schumer announces that taxing hard work is punishment, and we shouldn't do

.... Did you read the OP?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Yes, or actually, only the piece you copy-pasted. I was denied access to the link. From my understanding the tax is on foreign earnings. This is not on labor or even on a wage, but on a fee or bonus payment.

Re: Chuch Schumer announces that taxing hard work is punishment, and we shouldn't do

Yes, or actually, only the piece you copy-pasted. I was denied access to the link. From my understanding the tax is on foreign earnings. This is not on labor or even on a wage, but on a fee or bonus payment.
Earned through....?

You think the top 20% are "rich?" How cute.

:shrug: if you have evidence

Inheritors are not necessarily working hard, or at least they don't have to in order to maintain their wealth

:) You think the wealthy inherited their wealth, and can keep it without working hard? How cute. :D

Last but not least, Schumer was talking about people who work hard to represent their country. Inheritors and hedge funders don't do that.

Because they don't wear American-flag colored swim trunks? :roll: There is no more or less reason why someone who (for example) owns a small business that does great somehow is working more or less "for the country" than someone who wants to be the worlds' best female archer.

This is complete and total nonsense. Their goal isn't to bring glory or benefit to the US, it's only to make a profit and enrich themselves. Nobody in their right mind thinks that olympic athletes are competing on team USA to profit, as either way you cut it it's not a profitable venture. As such, it makes no sense to tax something they're not profitable on. Tax them on their Wheaties endorsement, sure, but taxing victory for your country is nonsense. Equating that with a corporation making profits is even more nonsensical.

Do you honestly believe that all corporations should pay zero taxes?

Sure. Then tax capital gains.

Or, tax corporations, but not capital gains.

Without the slightest bit of self-awareness or irony

smh.

Thank god, irony is not dead.

I suspect Senator Schumer is just working his way up to giving senators immunity from taxes.

Earned through....?

Winning, of course. For many sweat in the sun, but few wear the Laurels.

PS: Or pull down the cash, as the case might be.

Winning, of course. For many sweat in the sun, but few wear the Laurels.

PS: Or pull down the cash, as the case might be.

Perhaps you should check the OP. Schumer doesn't seem worried that they would be punished for winning, but for their work.

Which, of course, is how they were able to win.

Thank god, irony is not dead.

I suspect Senator Schumer is just working his way up to giving senators immunity from taxes.

They Represent Their Country!

Perhaps you should check the OP. Schumer doesn't seem worried that they would be punished for winning, but for their work.

Which, of course, is how they were able to win.

He is worrying about something that doesn't happen. It seems they are being asked to pay tax on foreign income.

He is worrying about something that doesn't happen. It seems they are being asked to pay tax on foreign income.

Which - he represents - stems ultimately from their labor.

Don't forget, entrepreneurs often represent their nation on Global stages....

Oh stop it. :roll:

Which - he represents - stems ultimately from their labor.

It is true that they worked hard like all the other athletes. The difference between them and the others is what is being taxed: winning.

Back
Top Bottom