• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chryster workers busted, post Obama pep talk

My guess is the Obama visit, pep talk and confidence in the American worker just made these guys feel so inspired, they felt the need for some high quality ganga and some 32oz cool one's in the morning.

Want to know why American cars get a reputation as being a piece of ****? Probably because the guys putting them together and manufacturing them are stoned and drunk. Whew... thank God they're unionized and can let their shop steward know they've been depressed lately and need to go into a company program to straighten themselves out, also on the taxpayer dime.

These guys were totally busted and to watch them scatter like roaches when the lights go on... priceless.

Eyeblast.tv

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2010/09/chrysler_suspends_workers_caug.html

It was true. So sad. Even more disgusting.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that American cars had a reputation for poor craftsmanship. Where on earth did you get this idea? Do you hate American workers enough that you would brand the actions of many with the actions of a few? I wonder if these workers were Republican or Democrats.
You do know what FORD classically stands for, right? Fix Or Repair Daily.

As far as the workers, so ****ing what? Seriously this happens ALL OVER and no they shouldnt be working while UTI and I'd be seriously pissed working alongside them, but people are acting like NO ONE else screws around like this at work. Using this as "anti-bailout" ammo is pretty weaksauce.

I agree with you. My point is the 15 workers reflect badly for Chrysler is no way the majority of workers. To me there is no diff from what those guys were doing and someone downing a few at lunch. It is both wrong. IMO, there are many workers at all levels who at times had a brew or two during the workday. A follow up story has the 15 workers suspended without pay. The union agrees.
I tend to agree, speaking only for myself --- I don't paint all UAW workers with the brush of these 15, but it does make one question. If this was happening and no action was taken or no supervisors noticed until the news broke this story... how many more places in the auto industry is this happening? I'd view this as a wake up call and were I to council Chrysler - all plants better put permanent steps in place where more attention is taken to workers lunch breaks, actions and possible inebriation or drug use. Too many in this thread used the "so what - nothing to see here" excuse. And I'll disagree to a point: It does reflect badly on Chrysler and the UAW workers. Such a scandal always does even though intellectually we understand that this is not the actions of the majority. A minority does tarnish the credibility when something like this occurs.

I tend to agree, speaking only for myself --- I don't paint all UAW workers with the brush of these 15, but it does make one question. If this was happening and no action was taken or no supervisors noticed until the news broke this story... how many more places in the auto industry is this happening? I'd view this as a wake up call and were I to council Chrysler - all plants better put permanent steps in place where more attention is taken to workers lunch breaks, actions and possible inebriation or drug use. Too many in this thread used the "so what - nothing to see here" excuse. And I'll disagree to a point: It does reflect badly on Chrysler and the UAW workers. Such a scandal always does even though intellectually we understand that this is not the actions of the majority. A minority does tarnish the credibility when something like this occurs.
Again, this happens everywhere in every sector of every business.

Again, irrelevant.
Completely relevant. Criticizing and decrying one group for something that a massive series of other groups engage in is hypocritical.

Completely relevant. Criticizing and decrying one group for something that a massive series of other groups engage in is hypocritical.

How is it hypocritical? And murders happen every day in cities all over the world - using your logic decrying one act in one place is hypocritical? You need to go back to school - I don't think you know why hypocritical means and second, you don't know the definition or application of the word relevant. The "massive series of other groups" weren't captured on camera scurrying like roaches when the lights turned on.

ok... this HAS to get the award for most inane post.

geo.

How is it hypocritical? And murders happen every day in cities all over the world - using your logic decrying one act in one place is hypocritical? You need to go back to school - I don't think you know why hypocritical means and second, you don't know the definition or application of the word relevant. The "massive series of other groups" weren't captured on camera scurrying like roaches when the lights turned on.
Turn cameras on them and see what happens.

You are getting bent out of shape because of the action of a single group and completely ignoring that they are nowhere near alone, yet you are acting as though they are or that they are somehow held to a higher standard.

Turn cameras on them and see what happens.

You are getting bent out of shape because of the action of a single group and completely ignoring that they are nowhere near alone, yet you are acting as though they are or that they are somehow held to a higher standard.

How am I getting bent out of shape? The only thing interesting in this thread is the illogical and inane defense of workers obviously having alcohol and drug issues by you. Whether this happens anywhere else is irrelevant - yet you call it hypocrisy, because you don't know the meaning of the word or how to apply it. I'm actually sad... because this is the best you can do.

The standard I would hold these workers to is to not be alcoholic drug users on the job. Silly me.

How am I getting bent out of shape? The only thing interesting in this thread is the illogical and inane defense of workers obviously having alcohol and drug issues by you. Whether this happens anywhere else is irrelevant - yet you call it hypocrisy, because you don't know the meaning of the word or how to apply it. I'm actually sad... because this is the best you can do.

The standard I would hold these workers to is to not be alcoholic drug users on the job. Silly me.
I'm not defending them, I think they should be fired for using drugs and alcohol on the job and if I were management, I'd fire them in a heartbeat. I'm simply pointing out that what they're doing is not unique as you seem to think it is.

I'm not defending them, I think they should be fired for using drugs and alcohol on the job and if I were management, I'd fire them in a heartbeat. I'm simply pointing out that what they're doing is not unique as you seem to think it is.

I never claimed they were unique.

I never claimed they were unique.
Your focused outrage tells me that you seem to feel it is, or that we should be especially concerned about it in this instance.

Your focused outrage tells me that you seem to feel it is, or that we should be especially concerned about it in this instance.

What outrage? It's not my fault you're bringing some of your baggage into this and making all sorts of assumptions about things I haven't said. First you make claims of hypocrisy, then attribute uniqueness to the situation which I did not make, and now you're attributing me "outrage". See, I work on facts and your claiming emotion... Best to stick to what you know because you certainly certainly don't want to project your baggage on me and make accusations about fiction like uniqueness or how I "feel" since you're not me.

Back
Top Bottom