• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chryster workers busted, post Obama pep talk

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
My guess is the Obama visit, pep talk and confidence in the American worker just made these guys feel so inspired, they felt the need for some high quality ganga and some 32oz cool one's in the morning.

Want to know why American cars get a reputation as being a piece of ****? Probably because the guys putting them together and manufacturing them are stoned and drunk. Whew... thank God they're unionized and can let their shop steward know they've been depressed lately and need to go into a company program to straighten themselves out, also on the taxpayer dime.

These guys were totally busted and to watch them scatter like roaches when the lights go on... priceless.

Eyeblast.tv

My guess is the Obama visit, pep talk and confidence in the American worker just made these guys feel so inspired, they felt the need for some high quality ganga and some 32oz cool one's in the morning.

Want to know why American cars get a reputation as being a piece of ****? Probably because the guys putting them together and manufacturing them are stoned and drunk. Whew... thank God they're unionized and can let their shop steward know they've been depressed lately and need to go into a company program to straighten themselves out, also on the taxpayer dime.

These guys were totally busted and to watch them scatter like roaches when the lights go on... priceless.

Eyeblast.tv

leave it to you to politicize an isolated incident.

Want to know why American cars get a reputation as being a piece of ****?

Eyeblast.tv

What the heck is an American car anymore. Parts come from all over the planet. Some parts are put togeather outside the US.
With your logic, does the quality comment apply to Honda, Toyota, etc. that have plants in the US?

Guess you never did anything like having a brew or two on a lunch hour then went back to work.

What the heck is an American car anymore. Parts come from all over the planet. Some parts are put togeather outside the US.
With your logic, does the quality comment apply to Honda, Toyota, etc. that have plants in the US?

Guess you never did anything like having a brew or two on a lunch hour then went back to work.

My last job, I made parts for, among others, Toyota. Toyota has a higher reputation for quality because Toyota requires a higher standard of parts.

leave it to you to politicize an isolated incident.

Well...you dont HAVE to leave it to him. You COULD have done it yourself... ;)

i could, but i'm too busy planning my weekend sail to bother. ;-)

I hate you...

Seriously...have fun! Im taking my boat out fishing this weekend...last chance for the year...going under the knife on Wednesday. Not sailing...but it will be nice to get away...

I hate you...

Seriously...have fun! Im taking my boat out fishing this weekend...last chance for the year...going under the knife on Wednesday. Not sailing...but it will be nice to get away...

i hope nothing serious?

I hate you...

Since I may not be back online from moving before then, good luck with your surgery.

Eyeblast.tv

I wasn't aware that American cars had a reputation for poor craftsmanship. Where on earth did you get this idea? Do you hate American workers enough that you would brand the actions of many with the actions of a few? I wonder if these workers were Republican or Democrats.

Isn't Eyeblast an arm of the Media Research Center? Typical crap.

i hope nothing serious?

Knee replacement. Its been hellish since 1995. Ive put it off far too long. Ever see that Steven King movie Cats Eye with the little gremlin looking gnome lookin thing with a dagger running around? Every step feels like that little bastard is in my knee digging around with his knife. (end whine).

cats-eye-troll1.jpg

And Thanks Redress...good luck with your move!

I wasn't aware that American cars had a reputation for poor craftsmanship. Where on earth did you get this idea? Do you hate American workers enough that you would brand the actions of many with the actions of a few? I wonder if these workers were Republican or Democrats.
What planet do you live on? American cars have had a terrible reputation up until the last few years.

What planet do you live on? American cars have had a terrible reputation up until the last few years.
Planet: Pandora
When was the video in the OP taken?

Knee replacement. Its been hellish since 1995. Ive put it off far too long. Ever see that Steven King movie Cats Eye with the little gremlin looking gnome lookin thing with a dagger running around? Every step feels like that little bastard is in my knee digging around with his knife. (end whine).

And I thought you were going to become transgendered. :mrgreen:
Kidding aside, I hope things go well for you.

As a Conservative my saying this might surprise a few of you, but I have been a Dodge fan Since my mother bought a 1959 Dodge D-500 Custom Royal Lancer with a 375hp 383Ci monster.

I have owned nothing but Dodge trucks and Ram Chargers since, but today my dream in and American car that is one of the fastest cars on the road at o to 60 in 3.9 sec. and it is a zero pollution wonder.

The only draw back is cost But it is coming down by about 1/2. It is of course the amazing Tesla Model S Sedan all electric Speed demon that is classy as as exotic car ever built even for a sedan the following is a little about it.

tesla-model-s-sedan,2-X-193209-13.jpg

Tesla Model S will cost under $50,000 after tax breaks — Autoblog Green
When Tesla formally announced the Model S Sedan last June, the MSRP bandied was about $60,000 for the all-electric sedan. In its newsletter today, Tesla has confirmed that the "anticipated base price" for the Model S will be $57,400. With a federal tax credit of $7,500 available, however, the Model S should cost just $49,900. Details on what's included in the base version of the Model S should be available at the vehicle's official unveiling next week. Tesla says that even with a sub-$50,000 price tag (just barely), the Model S is really competing with cars that cost much less:

Last edited:
My god. Like 15 guys out of thousands of auto workers have crappy work ethics.

Alert the media.

And I thought you were going to become transgendered. :mrgreen:
Kidding aside, I hope things go well for you.

Feeling isolated in the world and looking for a kindred? ;)

Thanks Pete...I appreciate the nice thoughts.

Compared to japanese cars, american cars are not quite as reliable, but that doesn't mean that all american cars are crap or that they don't make a good product. I have never owned anything but American since my first car in 1963, mostly Chrysler products until recently. I have NEVER had to replace or repair major parts, like engine or transmission. I have done some accessory repairs, radiators, water pumps. alternators, starters, etc. along with wear items that happens with all cars. But I keep my cars a long time, don't part with them til they have well over 100K miles.
My current vehicle is a 2002 Silverado that has never given me any trouble, has almost 100 K miles and I will keep it for at least another 50K miles. My wife drives a 2000 Impala with 75K miles, and it has cost us the most for repairs that I wouldn't expect. On it, I have replaced one heater core, one ignition switch, and one power window motor, all within a 6 month period about 2 years ago.
It will be kept til it drops, we use it as our "local" car in Logan, Utah area. The Silverado is the one that gets to make several trips a year to and from the Phoenix, AZ area.
Some of my friends over the years haven't had such good luck, but then they don't take care or their cars very well.

An American car is one that's made in (not just assembled) in America. And since the taxpayers own Chrysler through the Obama takeover of the auto industry. Call me crazy, but I don't want vehicles to be put together, assembled or touched by drunk and stoned people. That's my family driving in that vehicle --- something screws up and one or more of us may be dead because of some stoned guy in Detroit getting a buzz on his lunch break?

And no, I never went out to the park and pounded a 32 ouncer and/or smoked weed on the clock or off the clock, not to mention at 11:00 in the morning, out of a brown bag in a park hanging out of my car. These guys have some serious addiction issues and have no business putting together vehicles. They should be summarily fired at the least. Sorry, I take my job a little more seriously than that - especially when jobs are so hard to come by.

I wasn't aware that American cars had a reputation for poor craftsmanship. Where on earth did you get this idea?
Oh let me see... hmm... the last 30 years of living and breathing perhaps? But let me guess... the pro union and labor liberal pablum you've consumed doesn't jive with that. If you lived through the 1980's until probably mid 2000's, American cars were seen as inferior. Where have you been?

American Perception Problems of the American Auto Industry

Do you hate American workers enough that you would brand the actions of many with the actions of a few? I wonder if these workers were Republican or Democrats.[/quote Oh yes, this has everything to do with me hating American workers... :lmao Why do you want to enslave people with alcohol and drugs for Progressive Commie votes? See how silly that sounds and how irrelevant it is? You should read what you type after you type it and before submitting the post.

Isn't Eyeblast an arm of the Media Research Center? Typical crap.
Oh yes, it's all Eyeblasts fault.... here's a clue since you're apparently clueless: Eyeblast simply posted it on the net - they didn't take the video nor break the story. That was done by a Detroit Fox affiliate WJBK Channel 2 - a local station to the Jefferson plant. See this is where a credible person would come in and say "These guys should be fired, but this isn't indicative of all auto workers" and condemn drinking and drugs being used by these workers. It also should be noted that such behavior doesn't raise the credibility of American car's in the eyes of the buying public - which has had a tarnished reputation in the past. See... facts are .GOOD. You're rhetoric and attacks/deflections in the face of such facts are a JOKE.

So please continue to defend this... tell me how much higher productivity union workers have when under the influence of alcohol and drugs as well as all the benefits derived.

Last edited:
My god. Like 15 guys out of thousands of auto workers have crappy work ethics.

Alert the media.

Yeah, it's probably NEVER happened before and probably only happened here at this one place. No reason to ask questions, or be concerned... Move along... no union workers abusing booze and drugs here...

see+hear+speak+no+evil.jpg

An American car is one that's made in (not just assembled) in America. And since the taxpayers own Chrysler through the Obama takeover of the auto industry. Call me crazy, but I don't want vehicles to be put together, assembled or touched by drunk and stoned people. That's my family driving in that vehicle --- something screws up and one or more of us may be dead because of some stoned guy in Detroit getting a buzz on his lunch break?

And no, I never went out to the park and pounded a 32 ouncer and/or smoked weed on the clock or off the clock, not to mention at 11:00 in the morning, out of a brown bag in a park hanging out of my car. These guys have some serious addiction issues and have no business putting together vehicles. They should be summarily fired at the least. Sorry, I take my job a little more seriously than that - especially when jobs are so hard to come by.

I agree with you. My point is the 15 workers reflect badly for Chrysler is no way the majority of workers. To me there is no diff from what those guys were doing and someone downing a few at lunch. It is both wrong. IMO, there are many workers at all levels who at times had a brew or two during the workday. A follow up story has the 15 workers suspended without pay. The union agrees.

Back
Top Bottom