• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

chronic management software can break security?

sandpepper

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My dad worked for the Senate back in the 1980’s. He just showed me a letter from the government saying that his personal information was hacked in the recent Chinese hacking of government databases. If they can't keep their own employment records safe, why would they keep our medical records safe?

Actually, I am saying and sharing this because my friend has been ill and the doctor advised him to use EHR software. Sorry but I felt this is an absolute invasion of privacy. I am praying that someone will guide me through and I hope I am wrong.

My dad worked for the Senate back in the 1980’s. He just showed me a letter from the government saying that his personal information was hacked in the recent Chinese hacking of government databases. If they can't keep their own employment records safe, why would they keep our medical records safe?

Actually, I am saying and sharing this because my friend has been ill and the doctor advised him to use EHR software. Sorry but I felt this is an absolute invasion of privacy. I am praying that someone will guide me through and I hope I am wrong.

I was in the military and got the same letter. It pretty much stated to check my credit score etc to ensure no one was using my information for whatever. They also said the government would cover identity theft protection for x years due to the breach, even though there was no proof my info was used, it was on one of the databases they hacked.

Uncle sam screws up quite alot, but from atleast what I have experienced they have taken responsibility and aimed to correct the situation for military and other govt employees.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think similar efforts have been made also to stabilize the issue.

Honestly, I feel some hesitations trusting any kind of software whether healthcare or whatsoever. But what can I do? We are living in this new era of modern technology. I know it would take time for me to accept this scenario but reality will always be reality. Good thing, I was able to voice out my feelings. :) TY

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think similar efforts have been made also to stabilize the issue.

Honestly, I feel some hesitations trusting any kind of software whether healthcare or whatsoever. But what can I do? We are living in this new era of modern technology. I know it would take time for me to accept this scenario but reality will always be reality. Good thing, I was able to voice out my feelings. :) TY

Do you remember every medical treatment you've received over the last five years?

Do you think that's information you'd want to hide from your doctor?

If you answered "no" to both questions, you should probably support electronic medical records.

Back
Top Bottom