• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christopher Hitchens: Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Was Hitchens right about Mother Teresa?

"Give a man a reputation as an early riser, and he can sleep 'til noon." - Mark Twain

"Give a man a reputation as an early riser, and he can sleep 'til noon." - Mark Twain

Probably not, given his record.
Though he was right about waterboarding.

Hitchens was a degenerate.

Hitchens was a degenerate.

And you're not here any more.

:2dancing:

Anyway, back to the OP: from what I gather, Mother Teresa believed that suffering was a gift from God, therefore, she ran her clinics deliberately low on medical care, sufficient nutrition, and painkillers. You did NOT want to find yourself in one of her clinics if you could help it. Hitchens criticized her on those grounds and others in writing, so if those are the points he's making in the OP, I think he's right.

You don't ignore, starve, and withhold painkillers from sick people you purport to treat; and if you claim you do so to serve God, I think that makes it ten times worse.

She was a complex person with an equally complex legacy.

She was a complex person with an equally complex legacy.

She was a heartless, unemotional, crooked bitch whose legacy is entirely made up by en equally corrupt RCC.

OH! MY! I...I am rendered speechless by the intellectual power of your response.

Well, so am I. I honestly don't know what to say to people who have nothing at all to say.

She was a scam artist and warehoused people rather than treating them.

OH! MY! I...I am rendered speechless by the intellectual power of your response.

Need I remind you it was a response to this?

Realitywins said:
She was a heartless, unemotional, crooked bitch whose legacy is entirely made up by en equally corrupt RCC.

Your post was composed entirely of claims without any evidence mixed with opinion and personal attacks. Did you expect an intellectually rigorous response to such a post?

My post was actually meant as a light-hearted mockery of yours. You made unsourced claims devoid of any evidence, I responded with unsourced claims devoid of any evidence. I guess I was too subtle. Maybe a bolded all caps response would have been better.

Last edited:
Need I remind you it was a response to this?

Your post was composed entirely of claims without any evidence mixed with opinion and personal attacks. Did you expect an intellectually rigorous response to such a post?

My post was actually meant as a light-hearted mockery of yours. You made unsourced claims devoid of any evidence, I responded with unsourced claims devoid of any evidence. I guess I was too subtle. Maybe a bolded all caps response would have been better.

My post included links reporting facts. That you may have difficulty accepting these facts is not my problem.

My post included links reporting facts. That you may have difficulty accepting these facts is not my problem.

No. Your post included no links. I posted the entirety of your post above. Here it is again:
Realitywins said:

No links were provided. Nor was any evidence to support your claims.

No. Your post included no links. I posted the entirety of your post above. Here it is again:

No links were provided. Nor was any evidence to support your claims.

It is always a good idea to read the entire thread before going off half-cocked; Canadian Researchers Demolish The Myth Of Mother Teresa's Goodness - disinformation, Shock new revelations about Mother Teresa. These were posted on page one. I assumed you were conscientious enough to be up to date.

It is always a good idea to read the entire thread before going off half-cocked; Canadian Researchers Demolish The Myth Of Mother Teresa's Goodness - disinformation, Shock new revelations about Mother Teresa. These were posted on page one. I assumed you were conscientious enough to be up to date.

Oops. For some reason those links didn't transfer; Canadian Researchers Demolish The Myth Of Mother Teresa's Goodness - disinformation, Shock new revelations about Mother Teresa. There is lots more including a book by a woman who worked for evil woman for years.

...and more: https://missionariesofcharity.wordp...the-biggest-con-job-of-the-twentieth-century/

" In 2002, the Vatican recognized a miracle in the name of Mother Teresa which involved the ‘miraculous’ cure of a tumor in the abdomen of an Indian woman, Monica Besra. Despite the insistence of the doctor and her husband that it was the prescribed medical treatment that had cured the patient. Dr. Ranjan Mustafi, the person who treated Besra, stated, “It was not a miracle. She took medicines for 9 months to a year.” According to Besra’s husband, “My wife was cured by doctors and not by any miracle.” The officials at the hospital where Besra was receiving treatment have claimed that the Catholic Church were pressurizing them to declare the cure a miracle."

Being "in service" to the most corrupt and vicious organization on earth, she certainly fit the image.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if you ever reply to me in bold like i'm ****in blind, have fun on /ignore

Calm, calm. I do it to make my replies stand out as I find replies hard to distinguish if the same as the original post. However, to sooth your obviously delicate sensibilities, I'll use italics henceforth.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom