• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christopher Hitchens: Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Calm, calm. I do it to make my replies stand out as I find replies hard to distinguish if the same as the original post. However, to sooth your obviously delicate sensibilities, I'll use italics henceforth.:lol:

no you'll be using normal font to me or nothing at all, newb

Hey Realitywins,

I wish you'd back off the bold face. You don't need that to come across and it's too constantly loud for my ears. Anyway, you're shoveling some good sh*t on Mother Theresa. I never accepted her from day one because of her comments on how blessed are the poor because they suffer. Ergo... That's a lot of years between her speaking those words and now. The very same words she said that others accepted as a great care for the impoverished were actually words to keep, if not increase, people impoverished in the name of the Lord. She was sick.

Last edited:
Hey Realitywins,

I wish you'd back off the bold face. You don't need that to come across and it's too constantly loud for my ears. Anyway, you're shoveling some good sh*t on Mother Theresa. I never accepted her from day one because of her comments on how blessed are the poor because they suffer. Ergo... That's a lot of years between her speaking those words and now. The very same words she said that others accepted as a great care for the impoverished were actually words to keep, if not increase, people impoverished in the name of the Lord. She was sick.

...and she is about to be named a saint. That too is sick. But then everything the RCC does is.

She was a heartless, unemotional, crooked bitch whose legacy is entirely made up by en equally corrupt RCC.

Yep. Making a horrific creature like that a Saint, is exactly why religions suck.

Catholic nun speaks out against abortion and is therefore considered "controversial". Derp.

The only things the critics can critique about is that they didn't like her catholic views and her care for the poor didn't always have modern facilities. Also, they seem to be upset that they don't get an accounting of every penny received by her religious order. This isn't a story, its just CNN drama.

Catholic nun speaks out against abortion and is therefore considered "controversial". Derp.

The only things the critics can critique about is that they didn't like her catholic views and her care for the poor didn't always have modern facilities. Also, they seem to be upset that they don't get an accounting of every penny received by her religious order. This isn't a story, its just CNN drama.

Considering that at the time Mother T made her comments about abortion, India had a female fertility rate of 6 babies per woman...it's fair to argue that she was being a moron.

Nonsense. If you want to stop having babies then don't have babies. The argument that abortion is murder but its ok as long as it keeps down the birth rate is moronic. Thats the argument you would have had her make.

Considering that at the time Mother T made her comments about abortion, India had a female fertility rate of 6 babies per woman...it's fair to argue that she was being a moron.

Nonsense. If you want to stop having babies then don't have babies. The argument that abortion is murder but its ok as long as it keeps down the birth rate is moronic. Thats the argument you would have had her make.

Wasn't she against birth control too?

You clearly have not seen or read the news or the links posted here...or have carefully and cheerfully chosen to ignore facts.

Sad day today, the miserable, cruel, heartless woman has been made a saint...not that being a catholic saint is any honour given that it is really a rogues gallery. But is is typical of the RCC it "honours" one of their number who created endless pain, agony and suffering for so many.

" Mother was very concerned that we preserve our spirit of poverty. Spending money would destroy that poverty. She seemed obsessed with using only the simplest of means for our work. Was this in the best interests of the people we were trying to help, or were we in fact using them as a tool to advance our own “sanctity?” In Haiti, to keep the spirit of poverty, the sisters reused needles until they became blunt. Seeing the pain caused by the blunt needles, some of the volunteers offered to procure more needles, but the sisters refused."

Mother Teresa?s House of Illusions | Science and Rationalists' Association of India

Meanwhile, when she was ill, she went to the finest, most expensive medical facilities available. I guess she didn't see the irony in that, but it is typical of the hypocrisy we see with the religious who believe their god is all powerful, but depend on earthly science to keep them alive.

Last edited:
The good news for all is that if you aren't a Roman Catholic, you don't really need to concern yourself with who's elevated to sainthood.

It tells one all one needs t know about the RCC that it has made the Bitch of Calcutta a saint.

https://cafedissensusblog.com/2016/...p-chatterjees-mother-teresa-the-untold-story/

Pretty much sums it up. Only a corrupt institution like the RCC would label a con-artist a saint.

If there’s one thing that Catholics should have learned by now, it’s that their heroes often have feet of clay. But that’s not surprising in a faith that encourages chastity, sexual repression, and authoritarianism. In Mother Teresa it found perhaps its most bizarre flowering: a woman who actually wanted her charges to suffer because it brought them closer to Jesus.

I ran into Mother Teresa once: we were flying on the same plane, and as I disembarked from the coach section, she appeared right in front of me as she exited from the first-class section. Not even wondering why a woman who professed humility was flying first class...

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpres...-the-vatican-were-even-worse-than-we-thought/

Meanwhile, when she was ill, she went to the finest, most expensive medical facilities available. I guess she didn't see the irony in that, but it is typical of the hypocrisy we see with the religious who believe their god is all powerful, but depend on earthly science to keep them alive.

Do you have a source?

And you cant readily find it to further enlighten a member of the public?

Weak, very weak...

If you are too damned lazy to read the thread, that is your choice.

Back
Top Bottom