• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christine O'Donnell claims she studied at Oxford

I just don't understand how in 7500 posts, someone could avoid running into a single topic about Rangel or Paterson but become familiar with O'Donnell.

I guess that says a lot about the type of thing that gets attention here.

US partisan politics interests me very little, this thread just gave me a chance to get in a bad joke or two, I'm sure I've run across these people before, but the names haven't stuck, thus my ignorance on them. As I said in an earlier post, withcraft and masturbation provide a much more interesting topic than another case of corruption in US politics, it happens on both sides of the aisle and neither sides perk my interest.

Interestingly, a quick search shows that just in the BN-MSM forum, there are an even 100 threads on Rangel. Sorry, but that red herring don't work.

really, show me one poster who has started a thread on rangel on a daily basis.

I stopped watching the news so I learn about all these scandals on here. If it is relevvant to my state I can read it in the paper.

Charlie Rangel is the Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee and one of the most powerful people in Congress. His ethical issues have been on the front page of every national newspaper in the country repeatedly over the past several years. He's currently facing an ethics committee trial that could impact the November elections. I don't know how it could be much more relevant.

rangel, that dood is funny. :lol:

and I mean in a good way, I've heard him on local radio, doods got a wicked sense of humor and can banter smack with the best of em.

I have a ton of respect both for his war service, and his attitude relating to it. It's too bad he is apparently corrupt.

None of this has anything to do with the fact O'Donnell is bat**** insane though.

really, show me one poster who has started a thread on rangel on a daily basis.

Show me where I claimed that. I did not even respond to that claim. You are moving the goalposts.

Charlie Rangel is the Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee and one of the most powerful people in Congress. His ethical issues have been on the front page of every national newspaper in the country repeatedly over the past several years. He's currently facing an ethics committee trial that could impact the November elections. I don't know how it could be much more relevant.

Well, relevant if he was the topic of the thread maybe. In this case it's just an attempt to distract from O'Donnell's insanity.

I have a ton of respect both for his war service, and his attitude relating to it. It's too bad he is apparently corrupt.

None of this has anything to do with the fact O'Donnell is bat**** insane though.

We know she is. But the point of these threads is not to highlight that, it's to smear the tea party and to grasp at any right winger possible.

According to the article that was just posted, the trials will likely be after the November elections.

Tell Rangel to do something more interesting. Every politician in Washington has done the "ethical violations" thing. He needs to compete with "mice with human brains" stuff.

Imagine a sitcom starring Rangel now imagine one starring O'Donnell. Which one do you think would be a hit show?

Depends, is it being shown on UPN or ABC Family? :2razz:

"Tyler Perry's Diary of a Fat Congressdude" v. "The New Adventures of Old Christine"

US partisan politics interests me very little, this thread just gave me a chance to get in a bad joke or two, I'm sure I've run across these people before, but the names haven't stuck, thus my ignorance on them. As I said in an earlier post, withcraft and masturbation provide a much more interesting topic than another case of corruption in US politics, it happens on both sides of the aisle and neither sides perk my interest.

That's fair enough.

Last edited:
We know she is. But the point of these threads is not to highlight that, it's to smear the tea party and to grasp at any right winger possible.

i don't think it is......aren't there other tea party candidates that no one is talking about? it just happens than angle and o'donnell are delightfully moronic.

The Tea Party is not mentioned in the OP. It's not a smear, it's a legit thing to comment on. Are people making too big a deal out of it? Absolutely. That does not change the fact that much like Hillary Clinton had it pointed out when she was caught lying and had to face the music, O'Donnell is now having it pointed out when she is caught in dishonesty and has to face the music. Politicians need to learn that in this day and age, they will get caught out in these lies.

The Tea Party smeared themeselves with this one. And the more they stand behind her the worse they look IMHO.

You said this. I did not make it up, and I replied directly to it. No straw man built.

You misunderstood, I was specifically refering to a select few posters posting non stop threads about irrellevant politicians...

I won't call anyone out in particular but there is a certain poster who calls odonnel out almost daily, another who calls out beck almost daily, certain posters used to call out palin daily.... I'd be happy to get specific, but it would be best to move it downtown to the sandbox, no?

You misunderstood, I was specifically refering to a select few posters posting non stop threads about irrellevant politicians...

I won't call anyone out in particular but there is a certain poster who calls odonnel out almost daily, another who calls out beck almost daily, certain posters used to call out palin daily.... I'd be happy to get specific, but it would be best to move it downtown to the sandbox, no?

Certain posters who make inane Obama bashing threads daily....

Oh wait, you approve of those.

The Tea Party is not mentioned in the OP. It's not a smear, it's a legit thing to comment on. Are people making too big a deal out of it? Absolutely. That does not change the fact that much like Hillary Clinton had it pointed out when she was caught lying and had to face the music, O'Donnell is now having it pointed out when she is caught in dishonesty and has to face the music. Politicians need to learn that in this day and age, they will get caught out in these lies.

I think it's been done, she's been exposed, I also think its been overdone to an altierier motive. :shrug:

Well, relevant if he was the topic of the thread maybe. In this case it's just an attempt to distract from O'Donnell's insanity.

Nobody is denying that she's a few midgets short of a rodeo, I was just a) surprised that people would know of O'Donnell yet be unfamiliar with Rangel and b) bothered by the disproportionate amount of attention that people lavish on dumb **** like her thoughts on jacking off v. actual issues of importance.

the whole tea party? So john wayne gacey smeared the whole democratic party? :ssst:

Nice disingenuity there Rev. Riddle me this is the Democratic party standing behind Gacey like the Tea Party is behind O'Donnell?

Nobody is denying that she's a few midgets short of a rodeo, I was just a) surprised that people would know of O'Donnell yet be unfamiliar with Rangel and b) bothered by the disproportionate amount of attention that people lavish on dumb **** like her thoughts on jacking off v. actual issues of importance.

I can accept that. I think I was the first person here to actually link to and refer to her stance on the issues from her website.

Back
Top Bottom