• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christine O'Donnell claims she studied at Oxford

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Another Christine O'Donnell embellishment: She misleadingly claims she studied at Oxford

In another move that will raise further questions about Christine O'Donnell's embellishment of her education record, she claims she studied at the University of Oxford -- but a look at her actual record shows this is at best an exaggeration and at worst an outright falsehood.

O'Donnell's LinkedIn bio page lists "University of Oxford" as one of the schools she attended, claiming she studied "Post Modernism in the New Millennium." But it turns out that was just a course conducted by an institution known as the Phoenix Institute, which merely rented space at Oxford.

What's more, the woman who oversaw Phoenix Institute's summer program at Oxford tells me O'Donnell's claim about studying at Oxford is "misleading."

And hits just keep on coming...

As screwy as she is, I didn't get the Palin-pathological-liar vibe from her.

I'll give O'Donnell the benefit of the doubt, maybe the person writing the copy for her website was just trying to pad her resume.

No, no, people have misread, she really meant she studied Oxford, AKA, she looked it up on wikipedia.

Concerning the upcoming Voting OR "What We Are about to Receive" Two essential Truths are ringing true - One 2nd Stringers look good in a Smaller crowd of mostly like minded people , but Slugging it out in a Hard Contest wears them thin despite the enthusiasm.Sure Angle,O'Donnell etc just might get lucky, but I do wonder if they actually arrive in the Senate.

ALSO with each passing day , and certainly If the GOP does exceedingly well this time the rather obvious Glee on the part of Liberals,Progressives, Leftists etc. over the prospect of Sarah Palin as the 2012 nominee is beginning to bring on a Russian Roulette type syndrome to the bulk of the GOP. This is a Train wreck that can really be avoided, but too many are focused only on eliminating the doubtful than actually winning .

The alternative is a man who is for big government, high taxes and descrbed himself as a marxist. He is endorsed by at least 9 labor unions, including SEIU and AFL-CIO. Also endorsed by Citizans for Global Solutions, a group that has a goal of strenghtening the United Nations. Also Council for a Livable World which is a disarmament organization.
Harry Reid also called Coons his "pet."

I know all this probably sounds pretty good to liberals, but I'll take Christine over this any day of the week.

The alternative is a man who is for big government, high taxes and descrbed himself as a marxist. He is endorsed by at least 9 labor unions, including SEIU and AFL-CIO. Also endorsed by Citizans for Global Solutions, a group that has a goal of strenghtening the United Nations. Also Council for a Livable World which is a disarmament organization.
Harry Reid also called Coons his "pet."

I know all this probably sounds pretty good to liberals, but I'll take Christine over this any day of the week.

but you don't like liars, right?

It's funny, where are the non-stop threads on folks like charles rengel or david paterson?

Are they claiming evolution is a myth and that they studied at Oxford?

Nah, they are doing much less important things to discuss like

Gov. Paterson stunned several advisers last week by naming the New Jersey girlfriend of embattled aide Clemmie Harris, who was blasted for "inappropriate conduct" in a recent investigation, to a specially created job paying $165,000 a year, The Post

and

Ethics may punt on Charles Rangel, Maxine Waters - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

let's not forget maxine waters.

You all want to talk about masturbation, witchcraft, and what schools this one person has or has not attended. yet you all are silent on left wing folks with much bigger ethical problems.

why?

Are they claiming evolution is a myth and that they studied at Oxford?

No, their problems are far more relevant to governance.

spudmeister said:
:prof I've never heard of any of them.

You're familiar with Christine O'Donnell's linkedin profile but have never even heard of Charlie Rangel or David Paterson?

Last edited:
You all want to talk about masturbation, witchcraft, and what schools this one person has or has not attended. yet you all are silent on left wing folks with much bigger ethical problems.

why?

the term "hypocrisy" comes to mind

:prof I've never heard of any of them.

And why do you think that is? here you have 3 very corrupt politicians who get nary a mention, but we get daily threads about one moonbat politician in delaware?

Which to you is more important. Masturbation and witchcraft or ethics violations?

You're familiar with Christine O'Donnell's linkedin profile but have never even heard of Charlie Rangel or David Paterson?

Maybe their fame doesn't spread to Australia?

No, their problems are far more relevant to governance.

Ignorance of evolution and lying about education are not relevant to governance?

Nope. But in fairness I learned about O'Donnell's linkedin profile 5 minutes before Charlie Rangel and David Paterson's possible ethics violations.

And why do you think that is? here you have 3 very corrupt politicians who get nary a mention, but we get daily threads about one moonbat politician in delaware?

Which to you is more important. Masturbation and witchcraft or ethics violations?

Why do I think that is? Masturbation and witchcraft get more airplay than corruption, while obviously less important than ethics, a nutcase politician pulls more viewers to the media, and so'll get more attemtion.

Maybe their fame doesn't spread to Australia?

I just don't understand how in 7500 posts, someone could avoid running into a single topic about Rangel or Paterson but become familiar with O'Donnell.

I guess that says a lot about the type of thing that gets attention here.

Ignorance of evolution and lying about education are not relevant to governance?

Not as relevant as official corruption and misuse of office, no.

Nope. But in fairness I learned about O'Donnell's linkedin profile 5 minutes before Charlie Rangel and David Paterson's possible ethics violations.

Wait, you're saying you'd never heard of Rangel or Paterson either?

Wait, you're saying you'd never heard of Rangel or Paterson either?

I stopped watching the news so I learn about all these scandals on here. If it is relevvant to my state I can read it in the paper.

I just don't understand how in 7500 posts, someone could avoid running into a single topic about Rangel or Paterson but become familiar with O'Donnell.

I guess that says a lot about the type of thing that gets attention here.

Imagine a sitcom starring Rangel now imagine one starring O'Donnell. Which one do you think would be a hit show?

Why do I think that is? Masturbation and witchcraft get more airplay than corruption, while obviously less important than ethics, a nutcase politician pulls more viewers to the media, and so'll get more attemtion.
\

it could be that, or it could be certain folk here on DP, lacking a bush to bash, are latching on to any right winger they can for the most idiotic of reasons in an attempt to smear an entire group based on the actions of an individual.

These folks care little about this country but instead care only about scoring political points for thier "team"..

It's pathetic when you have thread after thread on beck, palin, this chick, on a daily basis by select few posters, meanwhile real ethics violations just from the three I mentioned are never brought up by these same folks, its part of the problem in this country....

I don't like O'donnel, I don't respect Palin after she quit, and I think beck is an emotional moron. That said, get the usual suspects to say one thing negative about thier side? You have a better shot at the lottery.

It's funny, where are the non-stop threads on folks like charles rengel or david paterson?

Interestingly, a quick search shows that just in the BN-MSM forum, there are an even 100 threads on Rangel. Sorry, but that red herring don't work.

Imagine a sitcom starring Rangel now imagine one starring O'Donnell. Which one do you think would be a hit show?

rangel, that dood is funny. :lol:

and I mean in a good way, I've heard him on local radio, doods got a wicked sense of humor and can banter smack with the best of em.

Back
Top Bottom