• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christine O' Donnell- Evolution. epic fail

Video doesn't work anymore. Just an FYI.

To be fair, I might question the evolutionary stage of anyone who used the phrase "epic fail" as well...

What's sad is many of my friends share her stance with this, probably since I'm in Alabama.

Believing in evolution as a qaulification for a political candidate is overrated. Alongside higher taxes, bigger government and an unsustainable future healthcare system I tend to ingore it.

I don't care what she believes as long as her votes are consistant with a smaller government, reduced spending, and are friendly to the free market.

Her opponent (Chris Coons) is a big government, high tax, guy who at one time went from being a conservative, free market guy, to a marxist, to joining the democratic party where he felt more at home.

I don't care what she believes as long as her votes are consistant with a smaller government, reduced spending, and are friendly to the free market.

Her opponent (Chris Coons) is a big government, high tax, guy who at one time went from being a conservative, free market guy, to a marxist, to joining the democratic party where he felt more at home.

A person bases their votes on their beliefs, so they are in fact very relevant. How can we decide how a person might vote except based on the beliefs they express.

The importance of her personal views is in how they reflect her reasoning capacity and intelligence. That's a valid concern. If she supports small government, or so she says, but shes's clearly a crazy kookball, she's still a retard and should be kept from office. Who is to say her support for small gov't is any more reasonable?

The importance of her personal views is in how they reflect her reasoning capacity and intelligence. That's a valid concern. If she supports small government, or so she says, but shes's clearly a crazy kookball, she's still a retard and should be kept from office. Who is to say her support for small gov't is any more reasonable?

I agree to a certain extent but then again how are all those great intellects we have in Congress now working out for the country? She is not crazy nor a retard. I don't buy into the liberal hysteria about her. But at the same time she is not a great intellect. I compare the harm her opponent would do, in my opinion of course, to the country to what she would do even with her diminished intellect and I still would vote for her just to keep him out of Congress.

A person bases their votes on their beliefs, so they are in fact very relevant. How can we decide how a person might vote except based on the beliefs they express.

There is no doubt that she is a Christian Conservative (minus the high school witchcraft).
I'll take a Christian Conservative over a big government, high tax, Liberal Democratic (marxist)any day.
I only pray those in Deleware feel the same.

I agree to a certain extent but then again how are all those great intellects we have in Congress now working out for the country?

I wouldn't say most of them are in the first place, but adding another idiot to the pool won't suddenly fix anything, imo.

She is not crazy nor a retard. I don't buy into the liberal hysteria about her. But at the same time she is not a great intellect.

I think "not a great intellect" is a huge understatement. This lady thinks evolution was false and that God waved a magic wand and pooofed everythng into existence as-is. That takes some serious brain rot. She also has been quoted saying she wants to prevent people from having sex and that masturbation is wrong.

I don't want her anywhere near any type of power whatsoever. Stupid like that is just too dangerous.

OUr country is already losing the math and science edge, and we rank like 48th in Science ed, or something like that. We don't need avowed Creationists in government.

I wouldn't say most of them are in the first place, but adding another idiot to the pool won't suddenly fix anything, imo.

I think "not a great intellect" is a huge understatement. This lady thinks evolution was false and that God waved a magic wand and pooofed everythng into existence as-is. That takes some serious brain rot. She also has been quoted saying she wants to prevent people from having sex and that masturbation is wrong.

I don't want her anywhere near any type of power whatsoever. Stupid like that is just too dangerous.

OUr country is already losing the math and science edge, and we rank like 48th in Science ed, or something like that. We don't need avowed Creationists in government.

Will you please show where she ever wanted to PREVENT people from having sex.
Believing masurbation is wrong, is part of her Christian belief. I see nothing wrong with that.
If she practices everything she believes in at least we'll never have to hear of her sordid affairs, or trying to pick up a sex partner in a public restroom.

Will you please show where she ever wanted to PREVENT people from having sex.

Christine O'Donnell Defends Herself During First Face Off with Chris Coons - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

She's a Christian Fascist. She wants power over your sex life by preventing you from having sex she personally disapproves of. Not only does she want to control your jacking off, she wants to control your premarital sex. Because we live in a giant Theocracy. Right?

She also actively fights against condom use, and she hates gays.

She scores a 3/3 on the tardometre.

Believing masurbation is wrong, is part of her Christian belief. I see nothing wrong with that.

I do. I don't like Christians anyway, but this takes the cake. I won't suffer insipid beliefs like that infecting the system. We don't need another Bible thumper dictating whether it's okay to jerk off in our home.

Last edited:
To be fair, I might question the evolutionary stage of anyone who used the phrase "epic fail" as well...

Your questioning is an epic fail.

Christine O'Donnell Defends Herself During First Face Off with Chris Coons - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

She's a Christian Fascist. She wants power over your sex life by preventing you from having sex she personally disapproves of. Not only does she want to control your jacking off, she wants to control your premarital sex. Because we live in a giant Theocracy. Right?

She also actively fights against condom use, and she hates gays.

She scores a 3/3 on the tardometre.

I do. I don't like Christians anyway, but this takes the cake. I won't suffer insipid beliefs like that infecting the system. We don't need another Bible thumper dictating whether it's okay to jerk off in our home.
I see nothing in your link that says she wants power over your sex life by regulating it. That was put in by the writer. Do you have something that shows she ever wanted sex regulated? I'd like to see her asked point blank "were you ever in favor of regulating private sexual behavior?"
***************************************************************************************************

O'Donnell also spoke to her beliefs regarding the question of the "regulation of private sexual behavior," referencing recent attention to statements she has made in the past that would indicate views espousing celibacy and condemning homosexuality, masturbation and condom usage.

The topic "is personal," O'Donnell said, before downplaying - though not denying - the beliefs as having "come from statements I made over 15 years ago."

HOW THE **** does this woman beat Mike Castle?

I see nothing in your link that says she wants power over your sex life by regulating it. That was put in by the writer. Do you have something that shows she ever wanted sex regulated? I'd like to see her asked point blank "were you ever in favor of regulating private sexual behavior?"
***************************************************************************************************

O'Donnell also spoke to her beliefs regarding the question of the "regulation of private sexual behavior," referencing recent attention to statements she has made in the past that would indicate views espousing celibacy and condemning homosexuality, masturbation and condom usage.

The topic "is personal," O'Donnell said, before downplaying - though not denying - the beliefs as having "come from statements I made over 15 years ago."

Seems to be pretty clearly admitting it, right there. Her current beliefs are based on those she clearly stated years ago. Her goal is to stop premarital sex and masturbation around the country. This time, she's been caught on tape saying it.

Here she is again: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2010/09/video_of_christine_odonnell_im.html

Her goal is clearly to stop people from having sex, and you cannot do that through persuasion. The only option left is coercion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom