• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christie signs 10 gun-control measures into law

Not surprised at all, RINO at his best. And to think he is going to run for office in 2016 as a republican makes me sick.

Not surprised at all, RINO at his best. And to think he is going to run for office in 2016 as a republican makes me sick.
I'm always amused when people accuse a Republican who was elected in a historically Democrat state of being a RINO.

I'm always amused when people accuse a Republican who was elected in a historically Democrat state of being a RINO.
How about because its true.
Slobber kisses and long walks on the beach followed by trips on AF1 with Obama. Now this. Yea, he is a RINO.

How about because its true.
Slobber kisses and long walks on the beach followed by trips on AF1 with Obama. Now this. Yea, he is a RINO.
Yes, how DARE someone compliment another for helping them out! The horror! We Republicans demand nothing but obstinate assholes who actively work to not work at all so nothing will ever be accomplished! That's what we Republicans stand for!

:roll:

It's not true and Republicans who paint a Republican as a "RINO" in a state with a strong majority of Democrats is simply illogical. If Christie was really a Democrat, why not run as a Democrat? Running as Republican is a handicap in a state which is strongly in the camp of the Democrats. If Christie was governor of Texas or something, your argument COULD (but wouldn't) make sense. But it doesn't make sense here. Why run as a Republican if you're truly a Democrat, when running as a Republican puts you behind from the very start? It simply does not make sense. I would argue it goes far more to the extremism some in the Republican party have been led to more than it shows anything about Christie.

These are, from what I've read, sensible gun control measures. Even if you do not like them, you cannot disagree they are at least sensible. Complimenting President Obama because President Obama was willing to bend over backwards to help Christie's constituents should be applauded, not reviled.

Yes, how DARE someone compliment another for helping them out! The horror! We Republicans demand nothing but obstinate assholes who actively work to not work at all so nothing will ever be accomplished! That's what we Republicans stand for!

:roll:

It's not true and Republicans who paint a Republican as a "RINO" in a state with a strong majority of Democrats is simply illogical. If Christie was really a Democrat, why not run as a Democrat? Running as Republican is a handicap in a state which is strongly in the camp of the Democrats. If Christie was governor of Texas or something, your argument COULD (but wouldn't) make sense. But it doesn't make sense here. Why run as a Republican if you're truly a Democrat, when running as a Republican puts you behind from the very start? It simply does not make sense. I would argue it goes far more to the extremism some in the Republican party have been led to more than it shows anything about Christie.

These are, from what I've read, sensible gun control measures. Even if you do not like them, you cannot disagree they are at least sensible. Complimenting President Obama because President Obama was willing to bend over backwards to help Christie's constituents should be applauded, not reviled.
In the heat of the last few weeks of a general election, yes. Thank the president openly and at the first presser you give. Then shut your pie hole. He knew he was effecting the election by doing what he was doing. Christie never misses a chance to get involved in things he needs not to.

In the heat of the last few weeks of a general election, yes. Thank the president openly and at the first presser you give. Then shut your pie hole. He knew he was effecting the election by doing what he was doing. Christie never misses a chance to get involved in things he needs not to.
In other words, you think kindness and appeciativeness should only be shown if it helps your team win and should not be shown otherwise. Got it. :roll:

It didn't matter. Romney was not going to win that election. For you to be mad at Christie for thanking Obama because he helped Christie look out for those for which he was responsible is silly.

EDIT: I want you to think about what you just said. And then try to figure out why politics in this country is so dysfunctional.

Because signing into law what appears to be rather benign gun control measures is equitable to wishing a heart attack upon someone. :cuckoo:

Yes, because people that did nothing wrong should be denied their rights. :roll:

Yes, because people that did nothing wrong should be denied their rights.
How are rights being denied in this legislation? Please be specific.

In other words, you think kindness and appeciativeness should only be shown if it helps your team win and should not be shown otherwise. Got it. :roll:

It didn't matter. Romney was not going to win that election. For you to be mad at Christie for thanking Obama because he helped Christie look out for those for which he was responsible is silly.

EDIT: I want you to think about what you just said. And then try to figure out why politics in this country is so dysfunctional.
I can think of hundreds of reasons our political system is dysfunctional.
And he didnt just show appreciation. He went alot farther than that.
And just why is Obama not showing the same "looking out for" of the state of Arizona when he basically told Jan Brewer to pound sand over the fires.

Did you read the last part of "mandatory gun training"? Well who will do the training? How much will it cost? Of what value is it?
They are trying to legislate stupid with that, cant be done.
How many of us took drivers ed in highschool? There are still million of car wrecks every year.

I can think of hundreds of reasons our political system is dysfunctional.
Yes, but your logic is one of the big ones. Money is easily the first, but your logic is a close second. The fact is we're all Americans and we have a duty to be American first and political party second. Chris Christie was being an American. He was a governor thanking the president for helping out people who need it. He does not deserve criticism for that.
And he didnt just show appreciation. He went alot farther than that.
He did? Did he endorse Obama for President? Did he say Obama was the best President ever? How did he go further than that?
And just why is Obama not showing the same "looking out for" of the state of Arizona when he basically told Jan Brewer to pound sand over the fires.
First of all, FEMA has already provided aid to Arizona (source: Arizona To Receive FEMA Funding For Deadly Yarnell Hill Fire in Yavapai County | FEMA.gov). What FEMA did was deny the application for it being declared a major disaster. The reason for the denial, as stated in the letter, was because the cost of the fire was within the state's ability to pay.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRREDNuCEAA_Z3-.jpg:large

Does that answer your question?

So what are the 10 gun-control measures? Seems sort of critical to know that in order to form an opinion on this.

It has all the buzzwords, "mental health", "terrorist" and "mandatory training".

Read the 2A, then get back to us. "shall not be infringed".

"well regulated"

See, I can cherry pick the parts I like too.

More Guns Less Crime. Statistically proven.

As people keep thinking these types of measures are needed the devilish democrats would never want you to know

Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years - CNN.com
Fewer homes with guns means less gun crime. Statistically proven.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/u...is-down-survey-shows.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

So what are the 10 gun-control measures? Seems sort of critical to know that in order to form an opinion on this.

Agree. I only read three of them and they sound reasonable.
Did you read the last part of "mandatory gun training"?
Yes. That's not denying you the ability to own a gun.

Well who will do the training? How much will it cost? Of what value is it?
No idea. But, in itself, that is not denying a right.
They are trying to legislate stupid with that, cant be done.
How many of us took drivers ed in highschool? There are still million of car wrecks every year.
And they have cracked down on drunk driving and the rate of drunk driving accidents is dropping. *shrug*

He did? Did he endorse Obama for President? Did he say Obama was the best President ever?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRREDNuCEAA_Z3-.jpg:large
His was a tacit endorsement. His language, posturing, meetings with Obama made a hero out of a man that let millions go to a state that is heavily unionized and all of the repair and restoration work went to union only companies.
None union people were run out on a rail.

Why ban .50 cal? I don't think I have ever heard of a .50 cal being used in a crime. A .50 cal rifle is not something your typical criminal is going to have.
It's ideal for shooting down drones, is why.

"well regulated"

See, I can cherry pick the parts I like too.

No idea. But, in itself, that is not denying a right.
And they have cracked down on drunk driving and the rate of drunk driving accidents is dropping. *shrug*
What YOU cherry picked was in reference to a militia, not an individual right.
And you didnt answer the question, who is going to pay for the training? How many languages will it be offered in? Where? By whom?

1. Bans the purchase of handguns by people on a federal watch list of potential terrorism suspects.

2. A person who sells, gives or transfers a firearm to a minor faces up to 10 years in prison.

3. increases penalties for unlawful possession of firearms by making them crimes of the first-degree

4. increases penalties for firearms offenses defined as gun trafficking

I have to laugh at the following:

1. declares violence a public health crisis and establishes a “Study Commission on Violence. Obama just did a study on gun violence, but sure lets do another one. :roll: And really, a public health crisis? :lamo Would you like to misuse the word health again Christie?

2. and creates a 180-day window to allow people to dispose of illegal guns. As if anyone that has a illegal gun cares for your gun laws. The fat ass needs to put down the donut and pick up a book apparently. Criminals don't care what you think Christie.

It's ideal for shooting down drones, is why.

Lol, the amount of skill needed to shoot one down with one is not exactly common especially among people that could afford that kind of rifle.

Lol, the amount of skill needed to shoot one down with one is not exactly common especially among people that could afford that kind of rifle.

Whats a Barrett or McMillian .50 go for today? How much per round of the hundreds that you will have to train with to actually hit a moving high speed target. Oh, god and if you miss, that thing will circle back and end you real quick.

Given the cost of that rifle, I would have guessed the opposite. If you have the money for the rifle then you have money for advanced sharpshooting training.

Back
Top Bottom