• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christie: It sounds like prosecutors have corroborating evidence against Trump beyond Cohen

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/420448-christie-corroborating-evidence-trump-cohen

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said Sunday that the language federal prosecutors are using to refer to President Trump in an indictment against Michael Cohen makes it sound as if they might have corroborating evidence that the president violated campaign finance law.

"The language in the sentencing memo is different from what we've heard before," Christie told ABC's "This Week," noting that Trump's former attorney Cohen has previously said he violated campaign finance law at the president's direction. "The only thing that would concern me if I was the president's team this morning about this sentencing memo is the language."
==================================================
But Trump insists that these sentencing memos vindicate him. The large number of Tweets that he has sent out on this topic over the weekend indicate that this matter is really getting under his skin even though he denies everything.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/420448-christie-corroborating-evidence-trump-cohen

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said Sunday that the language federal prosecutors are using to refer to President Trump in an indictment against Michael Cohen makes it sound as if they might have corroborating evidence that the president violated campaign finance law.

"The language in the sentencing memo is different from what we've heard before," Christie told ABC's "This Week," noting that Trump's former attorney Cohen has previously said he violated campaign finance law at the president's direction. "The only thing that would concern me if I was the president's team this morning about this sentencing memo is the language."
But Trump insists that these sentencing memos vindicate him. The large number of Tweets that he has sent out on this topic over the weekend indicate that this matter is really getting under his skin even though he denies everything.

Speculation of the lea leaf reading variety.

They better have more corroboration than Michael Cohen agreeing to "Okay then if that's what you want me to say." or it'll be another valley.
anticipation of collusion evidence.jpg

They do... Read your article. Even Christie said,
"There's no Russia collusion, there's been no proof of Russia collusion, and I don't think there's gonna be."

They will need more than Cohen to corroborate that Trump knowingly broke campaign finance law. Cohen, a proven fraudster, is trying to reduce his sentence, save his own hide, and is seen as untrustworthy.
Christie said that too.

READ your source.

Christie is a naughty boy. I guess he is still sulking that trump didn't give him a senior position in his shambolic administration. All that butt kissing for nothing.

They do... Read your article. Even Christie said,
"There's no Russia collusion, there's been no proof of Russia collusion, and I don't think there's gonna be."

They will need more than Cohen to corroborate that Trump knowingly broke campaign finance law. Cohen, a proven fraudster, is trying to reduce his sentence, save his own hide, and is seen as untrustworthy.
Christie said that too.

READ your source.

Cohen a proven fraudster? Yet trump had him on his payroll for more than 10 years. Wouldn't you think trump would fire a proven fraudster once he found out about it? The only reason trump didn't fire Cohen is because he KNEW what Cohen was doing and it was mainly stuff that HE ordered him to do. 10 years on the trump payroll and you expect people to believe trump knew NOTHING about what he was doing???

Now it is time to talk about Hillary's emails again - don't ya think?

The rats are jumping off the sinking ship. I hear no one wants to be the COS...

I’m just ready for this circus to come to an end, one way or another.

I’m just ready for this circus to come to an end, one way or another.

That was always were Trump was going to end up, because that is always where guys like Trump end up.

Hopefully this idea that he wants another term is a con.

He was supposed to know better.

Back
Top Bottom