• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christie is effusive in his praise for Obama [W:56]

AdamT

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Looks like Mitt's boy has a man crush on the President!

In TV interviews and on Twitter, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a staunch backer of Mitt Romney, was effusive in his praise on Tuesday for President Barack Obama’s handling of Hurricane Sandy.

“It’s been very good working with the president,” Christie said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “He and his administration have been coordinating with us. It’s been wonderful.”
ContinueOn NBC’s “Today,” Christie said the president had been “outstanding” and FEMA’s response has been “excellent.”

The GOP governor also sent out a thankful tweet: “I want to thank the President personally for all his assistance as w recover from the storm.”

Christie said he spoke with Obama three times on Monday, including at midnight, when Obama agreed to speed along an major disaster declaration for New Jersey without all the “normal FEMA mumbo jumbo.”
The declarations for New Jersey and New York were issued this morning.

“The president has been all over this and he deserves great credit,” Christie said. “I’ve been on the phone with him, like I said, yesterday, personally three times. He gave me his number at the White House, told me to call him if I needed anything. And he absolutely means it.”

Read more: Hurricane Sandy 2012: Chris Christie heaps praise on Obama - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com

Some people actually do the job of working with others on the other side of the aisle.
Some people merely pretend that they can.
A tip of the hat to the NJ governor for his honesty.

Some people actually do the job of working with others on the other side of the aisle.
Some people merely pretend that they can.
A tip of the hat to the NJ governor for his honesty.

I bet it really grinded him to say those things after what he has said about Obama before. But I was glad to hear that the new and improved FEMA was already on the scene in many places. If it was the old FEMA they would still be playing golf in Virginia.

I would expect nothing less from Obama and it's nice to see that political differences can be put aside and credit given where it is due.

Not a huge deal...heck...I have given him tons of props for continuing the Bush programs for fighting terrorists and killing them using the drones and other advanced intel gathering techniques. Some things he has done well. His response to the gulf oil spill? Impotent. Foreign policy? Impotent. Deficit and mounting debt? Impotent. Unemployment? Impotent. Sure...when our ambassador was getting slaughtered in Libya he decided it was expedient to fly to Nevada for a campaign rally and he took a beating for that. So he learned a bit and hey...just before the election he is really by golly attentive to this particular storm (where was he during the flooding in 2011?). Hey...every once in a while...when it is politically expedient, the blind squirrel manages to find a few nuts.

Not a huge deal...heck...I have given him tons of props for continuing the Bush programs for fighting terrorists and killing them using the drones and other advanced intel gathering techniques. Some things he has done well. His response to the gulf oil spill? Impotent. Foreign policy? Impotent. Deficit and mounting debt? Impotent. Unemployment? Impotent. Sure...when our ambassador was getting slaughtered in Libya he decided it was expedient to fly to Nevada for a campaign rally and he took a beating for that. So he learned a bit and hey...just before the election he is really by golly attentive to this particular storm (where was he during the flooding in 2011?). Hey...every once in a while...when it is politically expedient, the blind squirrel manages to find a few nuts.

His response to the gulf oil spill? I guess $20 billion in cash wasn't enough? I recall that right going nuts because he basically told the oil companies involved to cough up the dough.
His record on foreign policy? pretty damn good actually. Pulled out of Iraq, invaded pakistan, supported the deposing of four dictators, got NATO to clean up its own backyard, got China to increase the yuan by 11%, decimated the Lord's Resistance Army, helped southern sudan cede from the north, took out a bunch of somali pirates, showed China the 7th fleet, got crippling sanctions against Iran, helping syrians with arms and training, etc.
Deficit and debt, can't call 4 trillion increase impotent.
Unemployment - recovered the 4.5 million jobs lost in the first 18 months of his admin. He stopped the hemmoraging and that ain't impotency.

Your right, nobody can be all things to all people, not even St.Reagan.

I can see the apocolypse from here!

Proving once again that the right can like and respect the man, give credit where it's due, and still not agree with his policies. The left should take a lesson.

obama's foreign policy has been a major success which is why every ally on the planet wants obama to win by massive margins. Just getting the rest of the developed world to start talking with the USA again, let alone helping and even taking the lead in Libya was a HUGE issue, what with Bush. Bolton and the rest of those globally detested, warmongering numbskulls insulting, trying to bully and pissing all their allies off for almost a decade. Remember during Bush when the western world voted NK and the USA as the greatest threats to world peace? yeah, its hard to remember just how bad things were back then in this new and improved climate.

This kind of stuff was par for the course back then:

Outrage at 'old Europe' remarks

Last edited:
Unemployment - recovered the 4.5 million jobs lost in the first 18 months of his admin. He stopped the hemmoraging and that ain't impotency.

"He" didn't stop anything. The market corrected itself.

Ofcourse Christie is effusive in his accolades for Obama. He knows where his bread is buttered and who is gonna be president for four more years. Wouldn't be right to bite the hand that is gonna help you out of the current mess and what with all the needs that include FEMA, well, Christie is being smart. He is a good politician but I wish he'd knock off the chow; it's not healthy and sets a bad example.

"He" didn't stop anything. The market corrected itself.

Naturally everything good that has happened in the last four years happened by accident, and everything bad that's happened was personally engineered by Obama. Can you get any more ridiculous?

Naturally everything good that has happened in the last four years happened by accident, and everything bad that's happened was personally engineered by Obama. Can you get any more ridiculous?

The poster didn't mention "four years". It said "the first 18 months". Please pay attention.

His response to the gulf oil spill? I guess $20 billion in cash wasn't enough? I recall that right going nuts because he basically told the oil companies involved to cough up the dough.
His record on foreign policy? pretty damn good actually. Pulled out of Iraq, invaded pakistan, supported the deposing of four dictators, got NATO to clean up its own backyard, got China to increase the yuan by 11%, decimated the Lord's Resistance Army, helped southern sudan cede from the north, took out a bunch of somali pirates, showed China the 7th fleet, got crippling sanctions against Iran, helping syrians with arms and training, etc.
Deficit and debt, can't call 4 trillion increase impotent.

Only a totally blind partisan would view the gulf oil spill as a success.
As for that whole pulling out if Iraq thing...yes...props to Obama for not screwing up the agreement to withdraw signed by Bush long before Obama ever took office. The middle east is on fire and we are absent in Europe...oh yes...THOSE are unqualified successes. 6 trillion in added debt in under 4 years...no...if your goal is to bankrupt the country I would agree with you that also is an unqualified success. And again...back to square one...you have to be the most partisan blind hack to find success in 23 million unemployed people, people out of work for so many months they have simply dropped off the roles, fabricated jobs figures, failed green investments, etc etc etc...

Cant WAIT for his second term...

I am happy that Christie acknowledged Obama.

I am disturbed that, in this day and age, a Republican complimenting a Democrat is news.

obama's foreign policy has been a major success which is why every ally on the planet wants obama to win by massive margins. Just getting the rest of the developed world to start talking with the USA again, let alone helping and even taking the lead in Libya was a HUGE issue, what with Bush. Bolton and the rest of those globally detested, warmongering numbskulls insulting, trying to bully and pissing all their allies off for almost a decade. Remember during Bush when the western world voted NK and the USA as the greatest threats to world peace? yeah, its hard to remember just how bad things were back then in this new and improved climate.

This kind of stuff was par for the course back then:

Outrage at 'old Europe' remarks

Bush AGAIN????!!!! Our current foreign policy, whether it works or whether it doesn't, is the result of YEARS of posturing, positioning and sending messages that shape the future. We will see what a major success Obama's foreign policy is if we learn that Benghazi had more to do with guns than diplomacy.

I am happy that Christie acknowledged Obama.

I am disturbed that, in this day and age, a Republican complimenting a Democrat is news.

The news is he is fighting with a few Mayors, one in particular who seemed to allow people to stay behind when the buses were there to take them inland for safety.

The news is he is fighting with a few Mayors, one in particular who seemed to allow people to stay behind when the buses were there to take them inland for safety.

I think our governors/mayors need to implement some policies that put teeth into their orders to evacuate an area. Those who elect to stay behind put our first responders at risk in so many ways -- and unnecessarily pull resources away from those events that need tending to in order to minimize their impacts.

Yes actually.

It couldn't be more ridiculous to actually believe that the current President is anything but a Progressive that has on his agenda to make the US more like France, Spain and Italy. That his "fair share" is NOT the beginning of "even more of a fair share". It is ridiculous to think that he will stop with the "ultra wealthy", soon anyone with a job who actually works for a living will be funding one or more people/families that are happy sitting at home all day playing XBox or PS3 on their 50" HD Flatscreen TV eating hotwings paid for with foodstamps while talking on their IPhone4 and contemplating their next tattoo while ignoring their 3 kids.

It is ridiculous to think that the defense of this country will be safe in the hands of a man who is more concerned with a fundraiser in Vegas than in the lives of 4 Americans.

Amazing, isn't it that "your" President waited until the week before the election to start acting like the President? It is going to be a long night for you on Nov. 6 but I really do forgive you for your ignorance in supporting Obama. Far too many buy rhetoric and ignoring substance/actual results and you appear to be in that group. There is no justification to vote for Obama and it does seem that the majority in this country are coming to that conclusion.

Christie, may or may Not be many things to different people, He does however have enough class to respect there is a time for politics and then there is a time for All Americans to come together in time of need.
Christie did what any good, Gov. would do in regards to his state and Obama, he thanked him for the help'

Back
Top Bottom