• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christie is effusive in his praise for Obama [W:56]

how did it become so politically incorrect, almost socially forbidden through the ever present threat of automated scorn, to compare one president during his first term to the previous president? and on an issue that contains so much criticism from the GOPers for someone who succeeded so much better than the GOPers last choice? The comparison is of complete and utter relevance.

Lets get this straight and right once and for all. When The US sends out bullies into the world like Bolton to bully their allies, NONE of them go, "oh wow, the USA just told us our marching orders! We're so full of respect and fear, we'll hop, skip and jump to it!" Only sufferers of extreme hubris and arrogance, a major problem for the fake cowboy rugged individualist GOPers, actually think that. In the REAL world outside the local Texas mall, those allies go, "oh yeah? OH YEAH? **** you man, just **** you." As do the US enemies. And nothing "emboldened" the US enemies as seeing Bush & Co talking loud and tough and then flipping over into the lamest, meekest drivel the minute someone like NK says, "screw you, heres an A bomb." Nothing has ever convinced the rest of the "rogues states" to get their hands on nukes as seeing Bush fold like a house of cards over NK. Bullying accomplishes nothing but setting back all developments up until that moment. Weakest moment in US international political history for many, many years.

NOBODY fears or respects the USA when Bush sends out loudmouth braggarts and bullies - exactly the opposite happens. Take it from someone who's spent many years living in various western countries outside the USA

Last edited:
I'll concede the point -- you did get even more ridiculous.

How can any American support a President who violated the very fundamental responsibility of the office which is to defend and protect All Americans from foreign and domestic enemies and in doing so he also violated the basic rule of our military of never "leaving anyone behind?"

This country is divided and there is only one person on the ballot for the Office of the Presidency that has any chance of uniting it and that is Romney. Obama has shown over the past 4 years how a community organizer operates so now it is time to see how a true leader operates. Just got home from casting my ballot for Romney.

how did it become so politically incorrect, almost socially forbidden through the ever present threat of automated scorn, to compare one president to the previous president? and on an issue that contains so much criticism from the GOPers for someone who succeeded so much better than the GOPers last choice? The comparison is of of complete and utter relevance. Lets get this straight and right once and for all. When The US sends out bullies into the world like Bolton to bully their allies, NONE of them goes, "oh wow, the USA just told us our marching orders! We're so full of respect and fear, we'll hop, skip and jump to it!" Only sufferers of extreme hubris and arrogance, a major problem for the fake cowboy rugged individualist GOPers, actually think that. In the REAL world outside the local Texas mall, those allies go, "oh yeah? OH YEAH? **** you man, just **** you." As do the US enemies. Bullying accomplishes nothing but setting back all developments up until that moment. NOBODY fears or respects the USA when Bush sends out loudmouth braggarts and bullies - exactly the opposite happens. Take it from someone who's spent many years living in various western countries outside the USA

If you truly lived in other parts of the world you obviously didn't learn much as respect is more important than being liked and respect in much of the world comes from strength not appeasement. This President left four Americans behind in Libya to die and that violates his oath of office. He wants to be liked vs. being respected and has no concept of leadership. Much of the world is governed by dictators who control the message and to judge them by your standards simply is being naive.

How can any American support a President who violated the very fundamental responsibility of the office which is to defend and protect All Americans from foreign and domestic enemies and in doing so he also violated the basic rule of our military of never "leaving anyone behind?"

This country is divided and there is only one person on the ballot for the Office of the Presidency that has any chance of uniting it and that is Romney. Obama has shown over the past 4 years how a community organizer operates so now it is time to see how a true leader operates. Just got home from casting my ballot for Romney.

You just couldn't let "even more ridiculous" alone, eh? :lol:

You just couldn't let "even more ridiculous" alone, eh? :lol:

Still getting paid by the Obama campaign, eh? How can anyone support this President? Guess money trumps logic and common sense.

however, props to christie, btw. I would think that pissed romney off?

however, props to christie, btw. I would think that pissed romney off?

Why would Romney be pissed off? Guess Obama learned from his Libya fiasco when he flew off to a fund raiser with four Americans dead

Why would Romney be pissed off? Guess Obama learned from his Libya fiasco when he flew off to a fund raiser with four Americans dead

It seems you just tried to connect the dots jumping from Christie in New Jersey to Libya.
The major problem however is that the dots are on two different pages.
In two different books.
On two different shelves.
In two different libraries.
In two different cities.
In two different nations.

You are gonna need one heck of a pencil to do that.

It seems you just tried to connect the dots jumping from Christie in New Jersey to Libya.
The major problem however is that the dots are on two different pages.
In two different books.
On two different shelves.
In two different libraries.
In two different cities.
In two different nations.

You are gonna need one heck of a pencil to do that.

For four years we have seen almost zero leadership from Obama and here we are one week from the election and finally you see him acting like President. Think the four years of results will be trumped by this storm? Absolutely amazing how Obama supporters will post crap like this all in an attempt to re-elect the most devisive President in modern history.

I believe Michael "Great job Brownie" Brown, author of the disastrous Katrina response, has just set a new world chutzpah record -- attacking President Obama for responding TOO QUICKLY to Hurricane Sandy. :lamo

“One thing he’s gonna be asked is, why did he jump on [the hurricane] so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in…Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas?” Brown says. “Why was this so quick?… At some point, somebody’s going to ask that question…. This is like the inverse of Benghazi.”

You can't make this **** up.

I believe Michael "Great job Brownie" Brown, author of the disastrous Katrina response, has just set a new world chutzpah record -- attacking President Obama for responding TOO QUICKLY to Hurricane Sandy. :lamo

Maybe he didn't care as much about the men who got killed in Benghazi.

Or maybe losing in the polls lit a fire under his arrogant butt that didn't exist on September 11, 2012.

1-Obama DID rush off to a campaign appearance while the ambassadors dead body was being dragged around. So...yeah...thats a fail. 2-if you thought FEMAs 3 day response to Katrina (in New Orleans-they were on the ground same day in Mississippi, Fla, and Ala) was bad, did Clintons 28 day FEMA response make your head explode?

Maybe he didn't care as much about the men who got killed in Benghazi.

Or maybe losing in the polls lit a fire under his arrogant butt that didn't exist on September 11, 2012.

Maybe you missed the jaw dropping irony of the worst FEMA director in history attacking the president for responding too quickly to a hurricane's aftermath?

Looks like Mitt's boy has a man crush on the President!

Let's also not forget... he is also seeing some of the writing on the Wall... the Romney victory lessens Christie's chance of winning the 2016 election...

He has been a staunch Romney supporter, but, it's also clear he's advancing his own ambitions, doing the late night circuit, and not mentioning Romney much if any at all in his key note address...

Still, let's not pretend for a second that Christie prefers Obama to Romney...

Maybe you missed the jaw dropping irony of the worst FEMA director in history attacking the president for responding too quickly to a hurricane's aftermath?

Not at all. I also think he's got a great point.

I guess we'll chalk it up to Obama not caring about the 4 dead in Benghazi.

"He" didn't stop anything. The market corrected itself.

nah, the stimulus didn't do anything, the auto bailout didn't do anything, the tax cuts didn't do anything.

Keep drinkin the koolaid.

Looks like Mitt's boy has a man crush on the President!

You'd have been happier had Obama ****ed up and Christie had something to complain about. Dude, you need to chill.

nah, the stimulus didn't do anything, the auto bailout didn't do anything, the tax cuts didn't do anything.

Keep drinkin the koolaid.

The auto bailouts started under Bush. The stimulus didn't deliver anything based on its cost. The tax cuts were Bush's.

So what we have is 1 expensive failure (remember, even Obama admitted those shovel ready jobs didn't really exist), and 2 successes that can be credited to his predecessor, if they indeed worked.

Okay, I agree.

Not at all. I also think he's got a great point.

I guess we'll chalk it up to Obama not caring about the 4 dead in Benghazi.

And this kind of post ^^^ is why I think you're a partisan caricature and can't be taken too seriously.

The auto bailouts started under Bush. The stimulus didn't deliver anything based on its cost. The tax cuts were Bush's.

So what we have is 1 expensive failure (remember, even Obama admitted those shovel ready jobs didn't really exist), and 2 successes that can be credited to his predecessor, if they indeed worked.

Okay, I agree.

So round two of the autobailout was automatic? Hardly
No, the tax cuts in the stimulus were on top of the bush tax cuts.
According to the CBO the stimulus saved or created 3 million jobs.
The stimulus also delivered multi=billion investment in infrastructure.
It also sparked investments in renewable energy which should pay off in the future. (despite a few going belly up - its risky being pioneers)

Nothing can be credited to his predecessor except the shytte sandwich he left Obama.

Absolutely amazing how Obama supporters will post crap like this all in an attempt to re-elect the most devisive President in modern history.

How is pointing out to you the reality of a situation CRAP?

And this kind of post ^^^ is why I think you're a partisan caricature and can't be taken too seriously.
Wait...did YOU really just type that??? :lamo

So round two of the autobailout was automatic? Hardly
No, the tax cuts in the stimulus were on top of the bush tax cuts.
According to the CBO the stimulus saved or created 3 million jobs.
The stimulus also delivered multi=billion investment in infrastructure.
It also sparked investments in renewable energy which should pay off in the future. (despite a few going belly up - its risky being pioneers)

Nothing can be credited to his predecessor except the shytte sandwich he left Obama.

So you think the $8 per week per person tax cut that Obama gave changed the course of the economy, but the Bush tax cuts didn't?

I don't know whether to laugh at you, or cry that you actually vote.

Back
Top Bottom