• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christie is effusive in his praise for Obama [W:56]

A post like this makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution. I have said no such thing and you know it. I have asked for Obama supporters to give me a good economic reason to vote for Obama and all I get is bs like this. If you support Obama based upon his record then you are the one with the problem, not me. without a strong economy and national security all the social issues in the world don't matter at all. It is people like you that want to make this racists when the reality is my dislike for Obama is result based. All I see from people like you is partisan bs that ignores history, civics, and actual results.

I have posted Obama's achievements several times and I have seen others do likewise. Your response each and every time has been to claim they are wrong or that they are biased or some other such nonsense simply because you dont WANT to see his achievements. And I didnt SAY you ever said those things but what you write and how you have treated others gives that impressions far to clearly. Did you expect Obama to come into office and within 1 or 2 years turn around the mess that Bush and his cronies had created? NO ONE could have done that not without becoming a dictator. We have a THREE branch system , Executive, Legislative and Judicial. No one branch has unilateral authority and they EACH must work together. Due to REPUBLICAN obstructionism Congress has the LOWEST approval rating in its history. That is not opinion that is FACT. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter one iota. If Republicans had worked WITH Obama instead of "...making Obama a one term president." then not only would our current GDP be about 3.5% but unemployment would be down to the 5.2% he promised. Considering its under 8% with all he's had to fight through is amazing. The FACT that the GDP is at 2.1% with the obstructionism that has gone on is unbelievable. The FACT that there has been 38 STRAIGHT months of job growth and 5.4 millions new jobs added in that time is also great. Without the GOP fighting him tooth and nail and partisan politics having been played then your assertion that he hasn't done anything would be moot. So look to your own house before you point fingers at others.

I have posted Obama's achievements several times and I have seen others do likewise. Your response each and every time has been to claim they are wrong or that they are biased or some other such nonsense simply because you dont WANT to see his achievements. And I didnt SAY you ever said those things but what you write and how you have treated others gives that impressions far to clearly. Did you expect Obama to come into office and within 1 or 2 years turn around the mess that Bush and his cronies had created? NO ONE could have done that not without becoming a dictator. We have a THREE branch system , Executive, Legislative and Judicial. No one branch has unilateral authority and they EACH must work together. Due to REPUBLICAN obstructionism Congress has the LOWEST approval rating in its history. That is not opinion that is FACT. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter one iota. If Republicans had worked WITH Obama instead of "...making Obama a one term president." then not only would our current GDP be about 3.5% but unemployment would be down to the 5.2% he promised. Considering its under 8% with all he's had to fight through is amazing. The FACT that the GDP is at 2.1% with the obstructionism that has gone on is unbelievable. The FACT that there has been 38 STRAIGHT months of job growth and 5.4 millions new jobs added in that time is also great. Without the GOP fighting him tooth and nail and partisan politics having been played then your assertion that he hasn't done anything would be moot. So look to your own house before you point fingers at others.

As have I, wonder why you ignore the actual Obama achievements reported by non partisan sites?

Leadership is what this country needs and Obama lacks that leadership. You buy those so called Obama achievements while ignoring the economic results that matter.

It is the President's responsibility to get people to work with him and the Obama rhetoric doesn't support non partisanship. Obama is a street thug and you have yet to figure it out.

The fact remains that there are almost 10 million under employed Americans in those 38 straight months of job creation. Guess that doesn't bother you at all?

2.1% GDP growth is a disaster after adding 5.6 trillion to the debt. Massive govt. spending while demonizing small businesses and individual wealth creation doesn't bode well for the future.

It is hard for a president to make effective changes for the good of the people, when there are a bunch of Republicans who have vowed to do anything possible, even to the detriment of the people they serve in order to try and oust an incumbent president.

I hope they get what they deserve...four more years of Obama. I hope neocon's everywhere wise up to the realities of the situation in this country.

It is hard for a president to make effective changes for the good of the people, when there are a bunch of Republicans who have vowed to do anything possible, even to the detriment of the people they serve in order to try and oust an incumbent president.

I hope they get what they deserve...four more years of Obama. I hope neocon's everywhere wise up to the realities of the situation in this country.

As long as you always blame someone else for your own failures, you never will be a success. I can sure tell how much you care about "your" country when you call for four more years of these economic results. You see, results don't matter because you buy the rhetoric.

What economic policies of the President were prevented by the Republicans that would have made things better? Does it bother you that dozens of bills passed by the House are sitting in Harry Reid's desk as he refuses to even debate the bills. Is that your idea of non partisanship?

I'm sure you'd be quite happy if women and blacks right to vote was taken away, women kept barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen, Poor people starved to death Child labor was re-inacted and the Robber Baron state returned But news flash this isn't the 19th century its the 21st and Social issues are just as important as the fiscal ones. And as far as being an idiot perhaps you should look in the mirror before you start bandying words around. With 3 degrees and 3 businesses under my belt I would say that I am far from being an idiot. Just because some people actually care about their fellow Human Beings more than whether we are the most powerful nation on earth doesn't make then an idiot. caring about your fellow man more than whether a corporation makes another $5 in profit doesn't make them an idiot. Perhaps you should look beyond your hatred of anything non-white male republican agenda and see people for who they are instead of the statistics you treat them as.

Did you type that with a straight face, or were you laughing while doing it? I hope it's #2. Anyone who believes that the Republicans would strip women & blacks of their voting rights isn't just paranoid....it's downright scary that someone who actually believes that walks free among us.

Did you type that with a straight face, or were you laughing while doing it? I hope it's #2. Anyone who believes that the Republicans would strip women & blacks of their voting rights isn't just paranoid....it's downright scary that someone who actually believes that walks free among us.

Apparently you dont know that many Republicans then because I know quite a few that say that on a daily basis. THAT is what is scary. That there are people who can vote that still actually believe that way.

As have I, wonder why you ignore the actual Obama achievements reported by non partisan sites?

Leadership is what this country needs and Obama lacks that leadership. You buy those so called Obama achievements while ignoring the economic results that matter.

It is the President's responsibility to get people to work with him and the Obama rhetoric doesn't support non partisanship. Obama is a street thug and you have yet to figure it out.

The fact remains that there are almost 10 million under employed Americans in those 38 straight months of job creation. Guess that doesn't bother you at all?

2.1% GDP growth is a disaster after adding 5.6 trillion to the debt. Massive govt. spending while demonizing small businesses and individual wealth creation doesn't bode well for the future.

And here we go around in circles again. You have yet to say anything other than spout " look at Obama's achievements." Yet you havent actually shown anything. Give me actual numbers that can can be checked. And WHAT non-partisan site have you mentioned? I certainly havent seen one. I HAVE seen right wing propaganda and Conservative spin that you have posted but certainly nothing non-partisan. You call Obama a street thug yet I wonder what you would say if a republican were to put forth the self same policies that Obama has. Oh wait ...thats right, they HAVE! But I guess you forgot that part. I can give you every number in the world, can quote every economists in the country and it won't matter to people like you because you don't WANT to see what has been done. You are filled with hate for anyone not EXACTLY like you and I am quite sorry for you. One day your mentality will be something taught in grade school to show how barbaric the world once was.

And here we go around in circles again. You have yet to say anything other than spout " look at Obama's achievements." Yet you havent actually shown anything. Give me actual numbers that can can be checked. And WHAT non-partisan site have you mentioned? I certainly havent seen one. I HAVE seen right wing propaganda and Conservative spin that you have posted but certainly nothing non-partisan. You call Obama a street thug yet I wonder what you would say if a republican were to put forth the self same policies that Obama has. Oh wait ...thats right, they HAVE! But I guess you forgot that part. I can give you every number in the world, can quote every economists in the country and it won't matter to people like you because you don't WANT to see what has been done. You are filled with hate for anyone not EXACTLY like you and I am quite sorry for you. One day your mentality will be something taught in grade school to show how barbaric the world once was.

Oh, good Lord, once again you ask for proof which I have given over and over again but you ignore the data. I am not going to continue this because it doesn't matter, Obama won in spite of his record. How did your state vote? Mine did the right thing and really nothing has changed. Democrats still control the WH and the Senate whereas Republicans control the House. What exactly did Obama win other than four more years of a taxpayer salary?

Obama's policies led to the current high debt, high unemployment, and low economic growth. You want the numbers? Go to the U.S. Treasury, BEA.gov, BLS.gov and see who exactly you voted for.

If a Republican were put into the situation Obama was, they wouldn't spend four years blaming someone else for their failures and their economic policies wouldn't play Santa Claus to those who can but refuse to work.

Obama's policies led to the current high debt, high unemployment, and low economic growth. You want the numbers? Go to the U.S. Treasury, BEA.gov, BLS.gov and see who exactly you voted for.

Please dude, this is semidelusional. Stop with the koolaid.

1. Unemployment is a lagging indicator. Our current high unemployment is the result of the Bush Meltdown. No economist denies that.

2. Most of the current debt was the result of Bush's two unfunded wars (while lowering taxes on Paris Hilton), plus the Bush bailout to prevent industrial collapse (all the result of failed conservative deregulatory and tax policies).

3 Virtually all the remaining debt was taken on to deal with the Bush Meltdown, which including winding down his $3T wars, paying for the health care of vets injured in them, and preventing a deflationary spiral, which would have resulted in massive Greek style unemployment. All economists agree on that.

4. The US economy is growing faster than any western economy. In particular the European nations that went the austerity route have double dip recessions or zero growth. Obama did exactly the right thing: stimulus. And our economy continue to grow while conservative countrie like the UK are spiralling down.

NEXT MEME!

Please dude, this is semidelusional. Stop with the koolaid.

1. Unemployment is a lagging indicator. Our current high unemployment is the result of the Bush Meltdown. No economist denies that.

2. Most of the current debt was the result of Bush's two unfunded wars (while lowering taxes on Paris Hilton), plus the Bush bailout to prevent industrial collapse (all the result of failed conservative deregulatory and tax policies).

3 Virtually all the remaining debt was taken on to deal with the Bush Meltdown, which including winding down his $3T wars, paying for the health care of vets injured in them, and preventing a deflationary spiral, which would have resulted in massive Greek style unemployment. All economists agree on that.

4. The US economy is growing faster than any western economy. In particular the European nations that went the austerity route have double dip recessions or zero growth. Obama did exactly the right thing: stimulus. And our economy continue to grow while conservative countrie like the UK are spiralling down.

NEXT MEME!

What a wonderful world you live in.

unemployment obviously is a lagging indicator in your world four years after the end of the recession

most of the debt Obama generated has nothing to do with the debt. Ask your teacher to explain how the debt works

Bush meltdown with a Democrat Congress. Going to be fun watching Obama dodge taking personal responsibility for the economy he inherited.

Wow, the U.S. Economy growing at 2% is a booming economy to a liberal but ok because it is better than Europe? The new liberal normal, high unemployment, low economic growth, high debt is ok because it is better than Europe?

Better look in the mirror for delusional

What a wonderful world you live in.

unemployment obviously is a lagging indicator in your world four years after the end of the recession

most of the debt Obama generated has nothing to do with the debt. Ask your teacher to explain how the debt works

Bush meltdown with a Democrat Congress. Going to be fun watching Obama dodge taking personal responsibility for the economy he inherited.

Wow, the U.S. Economy growing at 2% is a booming economy to a liberal but ok because it is better than Europe? The new liberal normal, high unemployment, low economic growth, high debt is ok because it is better than Europe?

Better look in the mirror for delusional

It's like you compiled every discreditted meme from rightwing websites and put it into one post! Did you develop software for this!

It's like you compiled every discreditted meme from rightwing websites and put it into one post! Did you develop software for this!

Didn't realize that BEA.gov, BLS.gov, U.S. Treasury, and the U.S. Census were rightwing sites. Thanks for clearing that up

Didn't realize that BEA.gov, BLS.gov, U.S. Treasury, and the U.S. Census were rightwing sites. Thanks for clearing that up

Hey kids, look, he's pretending his memes come from the very government he claims is lying all the time.

That's deep!

What does any of that have to with what you have been posting?

Christie has no chance at the Republican nomination for president. However, he apparently could receive the Democratic nomination for the presidency given Democrats believe Christie is the highest integrity honest politician in the United States.

Christie has no chance at the Republican nomination for president. However, he apparently could receive the Democratic nomination for the presidency given Democrats believe Christie is the highest integrity honest politician in the United States.

I disagree. Four years is a long time in politics and Republicans must come to grips with the fact that they will have a very hard time taking back the WH if they don't stop primarying their candidates so hard from the far right.

Looks like Mitt's boy has a man crush on the President!

If he (Christie) doesn't run in 16, I'll be amazed. I think that's why they didn't run him this time - it's almost impossible to unseat an incompetent, er, I mean incumbent.............

If he (Christie) doesn't run in 16, I'll be amazed. I think that's why they didn't run him this time - it's almost impossible to unseat an incompetent, er, I mean incumbent.............

No, I think the Democrats love affair of him is temporary and that he would be rejected by Iowa and subsequent primary Democrats to be their nominee.

Republicans sure as hell wouldn't go for him. That's be outright nuts. The man is fully unstable and unreliable.

Given that now two weeks later hundreds of thousands of people still do not have electricity and far more are homeless, broke, without transportation, water, jobs - - -
--- two weeks after Christie falsely declared that Obama was "doing a great job," when actually all Obama did was walk down the street, grab that election-winning quote from Christie and then abandon the entire area to travel to Las Vegas again. Stupidly, Christie gave reason why Obama should leave and do nothing, to not allow any other media coverage other than having that Christie-quote to use.

Republicans sure as hell wouldn't go for him. That's be outright nuts. The man is fully unstable and unreliable.
I am curious what you base this on?

After suffering with NJ for the next year...and the devastation of SS Sandy, Christie might want to retire to a deserted lsland and drink pina coladas.

Christie is positioning himself for 16' and I'm fine with that.

I'm sure you'd be quite happy if women and blacks right to vote was taken away, women kept barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen, Poor people starved to death Child labor was re-inacted and the Robber Baron state returned But news flash this isn't the 19th century its the 21st and Social issues are just as important as the fiscal ones. And as far as being an idiot perhaps you should look in the mirror before you start bandying words around. With 3 degrees and 3 businesses under my belt I would say that I am far from being an idiot. Just because some people actually care about their fellow Human Beings more than whether we are the most powerful nation on earth doesn't make then an idiot. caring about your fellow man more than whether a corporation makes another $5 in profit doesn't make them an idiot. Perhaps you should look beyond your hatred of anything non-white male republican agenda and see people for who they are instead of the statistics you treat them as.

This is the biggest straw-man argument I've ever heard in my life. Profits before people? Profits benefit PEOPLE. Who do you think they benefit, bears? Profit is what gets reinvested, and ultimately benefits society as a whole. Unless money gets stashed under a mattress, it is either being consumed, saved (and therefore given out in the form of a loan), or invested. All three of these end up benefiting the public as a whole some way some how.

The proof is in the pudding, even in third world countries where workers work 12 hours a day for less than a dollar an hour, globalization driven by the almighty dollar is responsible for decreasing global absolute poverty by 70 million PEOPLE a year. People.

Back
Top Bottom