• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christie & Gingrich on VEEP List

he might go with Pence from Indiana.
Post of the week, imo.

Trump is an egomaniac.

I highly doubt he will pick anyone whom he does not think he can TOTALLY control.

Now me? I think you should choose a person that would be the best POTUS if you died while in office.

Greetings, Pero. :2wave:

Excellent post! :thumbs:

Off topic, but it looks like the DNC is getting hit by lawsuits because of the way Hillary was "pre-ordained" as their candidate! :eek: From what I've read, millions of Sanders' voters are joining in. If this wasn't real, it could be a Saturday Night Live comedy skit, and everyone would be laughing their heads off!! This election season has been something to tell your great-great-grandkids about one day, but they'd probably think you were just teasing them! :lamo Maybe Obama won't leave after all, which wouldn't surprise me either.... It's been that kind of a year!

The R party is in a civil war- witness trump Same with the D, witness bernie.
As to which leader, I would be voting Hillary- less damage.
Now the next primaries coming up, well they will be even more interesting.

It's been confirmed by the Trump campaign that these two are still on the VEEP list and the VEEP pick will probably, have to be, one of these two. Frankly these are terrible choices for Trump, but then again, these are the only somewhat sane group of people who want to actually work with him. Everyone else ran for the hills! These people do not help him win a state that he needs to or can win. He virtually has no chance to win NJ, and Gingrich won't help him win a state. Christie has been a disaster of a spokesperson for Trump and I am embarrassed that he is my governor now. Not even Trump supporters like him.

Gingrich I like, but his shameless Trump cheer leading is absolutely horrendous. You hear him all day every day on Talk radio shouting about how great Trump is. I've lost a lot of respect for these two gentlemen over the past year. And I would have considered voting for either of them for President, Just didn't know that they were this easily bought off.

Add Palin to the list and make it a trifecta.

It's been confirmed by the Trump campaign that these two are still on the VEEP list and the VEEP pick will probably, have to be, one of these two. Frankly these are terrible choices for Trump, but then again, these are the only somewhat sane group of people who want to actually work with him. Everyone else ran for the hills! These people do not help him win a state that he needs to or can win. He virtually has no chance to win NJ, and Gingrich won't help him win a state. Christie has been a disaster of a spokesperson for Trump and I am embarrassed that he is my governor now. Not even Trump supporters like him.

Gingrich I like, but his shameless Trump cheer leading is absolutely horrendous. You hear him all day every day on Talk radio shouting about how great Trump is. I've lost a lot of respect for these two gentlemen over the past year. And I would have considered voting for either of them for President, Just didn't know that they were this easily bought off.

That's not really 100% true. I have seen Gingrich on FOX News, blasting some of Trump's missteps and Trump even called Gingrich out for it. I actually favor Gingrich myself.

I bet it is either Pence or someone we just have not thought about yet. Trump might really do something stupid. Or at least very surprising.
That's not really 100% true. I have seen Gingrich on FOX News, blasting some of Trump's missteps and Trump even called Gingrich out for it. I actually favor Gingrich myself.

I bet it is either Pence or someone we just have not thought about yet. Trump might really do something stupid. Or at least very surprising.

He should pick someone outside politics to continue his theme. like a respected military officer or maybe some retired border patrol director or Sheriff of a large county. something that is unprecedented. and someone who working class voters would identify more with. heck a Union president might make a decent VP choice.

Right now I'm not planning on voting for Trump or Hillary. If Trump picks someone I think would be really good then I might change my mind. If it's Christie then I'm done with Trump for good. Hell, New Jersey doesn't even want him. He doesn't bring one vote from anywhere in the general and Trump could use a VP that will bring some votes, especially in the swing states.

He should pick someone outside politics to continue his theme. like a respected military officer or maybe some retired border patrol director or Sheriff of a large county. something that is unprecedented. and someone who working class voters would identify more with. heck a Union president might make a decent VP choice.

Trump picking a union president as vp? I seriously expect trump to pick someone who is a loyal yes-man.

In other words, one of trumps inner circle

Right now I'm not planning on voting for Trump or Hillary. If Trump picks someone I think would be really good then I might change my mind. If it's Christie then I'm done with Trump for good. Hell, New Jersey doesn't even want him. He doesn't bring one vote from anywhere in the general and Trump could use a VP that will bring some votes, especially in the swing states.

As soon as Christie started blabber mouthing about how great Trump is. I knew he was probably going to be the VP pick. Christie standing by Trump during speeches is just an audition, one I might add that Gingrich hasn't done, but Christie has done multiple times. Christie and Trump have worked together for years. Christie is a mini-version of Trump! Its just that people from the tri-state area (especially politicians) think the world revolves around them, when it really doesn't! Nobody in Kentucky, for instance even knows who Christie is. So the Christie pick will be a disappointment to many Trump fans. I don't know what they are expecting but I am sure they won't like that.

Trump's circle is very tight, and he has shown his weakness already by not making it larger than it is already. No one (but his family) is itching to speak at the national convention for him, and best case scenario is that this will make him a lame-duck President for four years, until Republicans figure out how to impeach him. We are pretty good at that ya know! Christie would be a better President than Trump and hopefully there is a scandal in a Trump presidency so that Christie can clean up his messes. That's my only hope for this scenario.

Either way, it will be a very interesting four years with Trump as President. It will be boring with Hillary. I do not know what the country will choose, but I too am abstaining from participating in this sham of an election. I'm only going to sit back and laugh as the two sides fight over ridiculousness.

Pick your poison.

Hillary or The Donald.

Though you may not like the policies of one or the other, at least one is an actual study of world events and knows what they are doing....

As soon as Christie started blabber mouthing about how great Trump is. I knew he was probably going to be the VP pick. Christie standing by Trump during speeches is just an audition, one I might add that Gingrich hasn't done, but Christie has done multiple times. Christie and Trump have worked together for years. Christie is a mini-version of Trump! Its just that people from the tri-state area (especially politicians) think the world revolves around them, when it really doesn't! Nobody in Kentucky, for instance even knows who Christie is. So the Christie pick will be a disappointment to many Trump fans. I don't know what they are expecting but I am sure they won't like that.

Trump's circle is very tight, and he has shown his weakness already by not making it larger than it is already. No one (but his family) is itching to speak at the national convention for him, and best case scenario is that this will make him a lame-duck President for four years, until Republicans figure out how to impeach him. We are pretty good at that ya know! Christie would be a better President than Trump and hopefully there is a scandal in a Trump presidency so that Christie can clean up his messes. That's my only hope for this scenario.

Either way, it will be a very interesting four years with Trump as President. It will be boring with Hillary. I do not know what the country will choose, but I too am abstaining from participating in this sham of an election. I'm only going to sit back and laugh as the two sides fight over ridiculousness.

Sums it up nicely:

Christie could make a good Hammer (Tom Delay), but that would be a poor tool for the job.

Newt would be worse.

Though you may not like the policies of one or the other, at least one is an actual study of world events and knows what they are doing....

Cheered the new democratic Libya
Benghazi boondoggle
Cheered the new democratic Egypt
Russian reset embarrassment
Syrian bloodbath
Syrian red line that she back tracked on.
Mini Asian arms race

If people actually do learn from past failures, the Hillary should be the next Aristotle when it comes to the philosophy of world events.

Benghazi boondoggle
Syrian bloodbath
Mini Asian arms race

If people actually do learn from past failures, the Hillary should be the next Aristotle when it comes to the philosophy of world events.

Haiti
Ukraine
Could not get the Chinese to help with North Korea
Could not get the Europeans to do stimulus after the Great Recession

A good rundown here:

Hillary Clinton?s Six Foreign-Policy Catastrophes | Zero Hedge

Apparently he is flying out to meet him somewhere according to CNN this AM. Very disappointing.

i doubt that it will be Pence. Indiana will be in the R column even if Trump does naked backflips while ****ting himself during the debates.

You were going pretty good there until you said "and knows what they are doing...."

i doubt that it will be Pence. Indiana will be in the R column even if Trump does naked backflips while ****ting himself during the debates.

I'm not sure he has anyone available who would say yes that could actually deliver a state that wouldn't have voted Republican in the first place. Maybe Rick Scott or Rob Portman but I don't hear their names mentioned much.

Benghazi boondoggle
Syrian bloodbath
Mini Asian arms race

If people actually do learn from past failures
, the Hillary should be the next Aristotle when it comes to the philosophy of world events.

People do learn from failure. They have to personally believe that whatever was attempted was in fact a failure first. Some people not only lie to others - they must also lie to themselves first. It's a requirement. Hillary is no doubt convinced that she did a splendid job or she wouldn't be able to characterize her "vast" experience as anything positive. It helps that she has thousands of ass kissers telling her she's wonderful, too.

People do learn from failure. They have to personally believe that whatever was attempted was in fact a failure first. Some people not only lie to others - they must also lie to themselves first. It's a requirement. Hillary is no doubt convinced that she did a splendid job or she wouldn't be able to characterize her "vast" experience as anything positive. It helps that she has thousands of ass kissers telling her she's wonderful, too.

Hillary has learned from experience that when you get caught telling a lie then you have to come up with a better lie to cover up the first one.

Hillary has learned from experience that when you get caught telling a lie then you have to come up with a better lie to cover up the first one.

None of that matters to her supporters. That's who she plays to. You see it repeated here all the time. You hear, "So, no smoking gun...". Damn it, her whole ****ing life is a smoking gun. She'd corrupt the position of dog catcher if she had the chance.

None of that matters to her supporters. That's who she plays to. You see it repeated here all the time. You hear, "So, no smoking gun...". Damn it, her whole ****ing life is a smoking gun. She'd corrupt the position of dog catcher if she had the chance.

You can't even see the gun because there is way too much smoke in the area.

Back
Top Bottom