• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christians

I'm Christian. I was great in the Dark Knight Trilogy and American Psycho.

But how else can you become a Christian unless you're born again.

Are you being thick in particular?

born-again christians are a cult. Well, a collection of cults.

Christians that are part of the 3 main and real denominations of Christianity are not those that are born-again. Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant. None are called born-again.

Born-again christians, or evangelicals, are just people who became part of some stupid cults who have less than 300 years and were started by parasited who wanted to sponge off society. They evolved now into being some of the most extremist christian dogmas and the most vile. not all, but enough of them. And they give Christianity a bad name. So hence, I don't recognize evangelicals as being real christians, but evangelicals... fake christians.

Pronouncing others "fake Christians" isn't exactly very "Christian" is it?

Have to grain-of-salt this, given that you think "Protestant" is a denom. :roll:

Pronouncing others "fake Christians" isn't exactly very "Christian" is it?

Have to grain-of-salt this, given that you think "Protestant" is a denom. :roll:

Protestantism has Monarchy in its corner backing its legitimacy as a real Christian religion, not to mention that it has actually done a great deal of verifiable good to the people who abide by it.

Evangelists have televangelists who make a show out of their religion in stadiums.

Note. baptists (not southern baptists<- these are evagelicals) are protestant denomination.

presbytarians are protestants.

The others, church of latter day saints, southern baptists and all those other evangelical cults... are.. as I said, evangelicals.

Are you being thick in particular?

born-again christians are a cult. Well, a collection of cults.

Christians that are part of the 3 main and real denominations of Christianity are not those that are born-again. Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant. None are called born-again.

Born-again christians, or evangelicals, are just people who became part of some stupid cults who have less than 300 years and were started by parasited who wanted to sponge off society. They evolved now into being some of the most extremist christian dogmas and the most vile. not all, but enough of them. And they give Christianity a bad name. So hence, I don't recognize evangelicals as being real christians, but evangelicals... fake christians.

Sorry! My "thickness" is incidental...probably because I belong to one of those nutty cults who think you have to be "born again" just 'cause Jesus said so.

But, thanks!.

That certainly clears everything up for me.

Born a Catholic, happy to be a Catholic, always will be a Catholic.
Though many have tried to sway my beliefs, I would rather be a bad Catholic than a good ________<insert your brand of crazy here.

Sorry! My "thickness" is incidental...probably because I belong to one of those nutty cults who think you have to be "born again" just 'cause Jesus said so.

But, thanks!.

That certainly clears everything up for me.

Glad I could help.

Born again doesn't mean evangelical christian. Just because evangelicals have a clever marketing trick up their sleeve and branded themselves "born again" doesn't make them so. It just makes them leeches.

Blood washed means washed in the blood of the sacrificial lamb. Before Jesus you would sacrifice a lamb and wash in the blood of the lamb, and not eat the meat. The sacrifice Jesus made provided the perfect sacrifice, the sacrifice to end all sacrifices, the blood of God was spilt. We are all washed in the blood of the Lord. "For he so loved the world he gave his only begotten son."

Some think you need to speak in tongues, convulse, or some other poorly acted charade, but in truth you are taken into God's ranks upon baptism. That is the washing, then you were bathed in the blood of the lamb (Jesus)

Theologically speaking it is not Baptism that saves, it's repentance. Baptism is a symbol of profession of faith in Christ. Someone can be sprinkled or dunked in water by a pastor/priest but still not be washed in the blood of the lamb because they have not repented. They have still not repented of their sin and thus they will have to be judged for it. Repentance is a washing of the heart and the forgiveness of sin, baptism is a step taken in obedience as a public profession of faith and a symbolism of the internal washing that has taken place.

Theologically speaking it is not Baptism that saves, it's repentance. Baptism is a symbol of profession of faith in Christ. Someone can be sprinkled or dunked in water by a pastor/priest but still not be washed in the blood of the lamb because they have not repented. They have still not repented of their sin and thus they will have to be judged for it. Repentance is a washing of the heart and the forgiveness of sin, baptism is a step taken in obedience as a public profession of faith and a symbolism of the internal washing that has taken place.

I don't agree, baptism is not a symbol, it wasn't when John the baptist did it, not was it afterward. You can't choose to be washed in the blood of the lamb, Christ chooses you. You are powerless, the only way to the father is through the son. no amount of repentance, posturing or prayer can save you, only Jesus reaching out to you and choosing you can you be saved.

But i am not a calvinist.

I don't agree, baptism is not a symbol, it wasn't when John the baptist did it, not was it afterward. You can't choose to be washed in the blood of the lamb, Christ chooses you. You are powerless, the only way to the father is through the son. no amount of repentance, posturing or prayer can save you, only Jesus reaching out to you and choosing you can you be saved.

But i am not a calvinist.

John the Baptist paved the way for Jesus, he did not have the power to forgive sins. Biblically speaking this is what John the Baptist said.
Luke 3 1 In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar—when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, Herod tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and Traconitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene— 2 during the high-priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the word of God came to John son of Zechariah in the wilderness. 3 He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

John preached repentance and performed baptisms. His message was not "here, get in the water so you can go out and sin without any kind of change in your heart. God has you covered now."

Jesus:
Lule 13: 1 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

It's very clear that the message of Jesus is to repent of sin and accept the sacrifice of God (Jesus dying on the cross) to be forgiven of sin so that an individual doesn't need to be judged and sent to eternal hell as judgement. Unless someone repents of sin and accept the saccrifice of Jesus they cannot be saved or have their sins forgiven. Baptism is a step of faith. Why would a just God who came to earth as a human to die to sin accept a ritual of water when the person's heart has not changed? You do choose to be washed in the blood of the lamb, it's the conscious choice to repent of sin and belief. The Holy Spirit convicts people of sin, but people can only be saved if they choose Jesus, not Jesus choosing them and damning everyone else. Repentance is not forced, it is chosen. Baptism as a ritualistic act does not save anyone, it's not some magic water that overpowers the fact that repentance is an issue of the heart.

John the Baptist paved the way for Jesus, he did not have the power to forgive sins. Biblically speaking this is what John the Baptist said.

John preached repentance and performed baptisms. His message was not "here, get in the water so you can go out and sin without any kind of change in your heart. God has you covered now."

Jesus:

It's very clear that the message of Jesus is to repent of sin and accept the sacrifice of God (Jesus dying on the cross) to be forgiven of sin so that an individual doesn't need to be judged and sent to eternal hell as judgement. Unless someone repents of sin and accept the saccrifice of Jesus they cannot be saved or have their sins forgiven. Baptism is a step of faith. Why would a just God who came to earth as a human to die to sin accept a ritual of water when the person's heart has not changed? You do choose to be washed in the blood of the lamb, it's the conscious choice to repent of sin and belief. The Holy Spirit convicts people of sin, but people can only be saved if they choose Jesus, not Jesus choosing them and damning everyone else. Repentance is not forced, it is chosen. Baptism as a ritualistic act does not save anyone, it's not some magic water that overpowers the fact that repentance is an issue of the heart.

You misunderstood, I never said that baptism was a license to kill. I said that is the washing in the blood.

Also no choice that you make can save you, not repentance, not choosing Jesus. Only Jesus can choose you. He is God, he makes the choice not you. Also I don't think he chooses everybody that has been baptized, our anyone who claims to be "saved"through some other bizarre ritual he makes his choice and it isn't our place to say what is just or not.

We pray for mercy, we repent for mercy, not salvation.

Christian, born right the first time so no need to be born again.

Glad I could help.

Born again doesn't mean evangelical christian. Just because evangelicals have a clever marketing trick up their sleeve and branded themselves "born again" doesn't make them so. It just makes them leeches.

Oh. Well, I'm a "born-again", evangelical, non-denominational, Bible-believing Christian (or, at least I thought I was a Christian until I met you). I'm not looking to make any money off my beliefs and if I have "something to sell" then it is only that Jesus Christ is God Almighty and that through Him--and only through Him--can you be saved from the everlasting damnation of Hell.

So am I nuts, or what?

Oh. Well, I'm a "born-again", evangelical, non-denominational, Bible-believing Christian (or, at least I thought I was a Christian until I met you). I'm not looking to make any money off my beliefs and if I have "something to sell" then it is only that Jesus Christ is God Almighty and that through Him--and only through Him--can you be saved from the everlasting damnation of Hell.

So am I nuts, or what?

No, you aren't. Please be careful what I write, I am not accusing you, you are just another person drawn into a religion, you didn't start it. Your 'leaders' are, the same evangelists who make "seminaries" in stadiums like they were rock stars.

Billy Graham Preaching at Camden Yards in Baltimore, MD July 7, 2006 (His Final Public Sermon) - YouTube

This is just one of them. Also its the evangelists loonies who are attempting to promote the Bible as the end all be all of knowledge, like muslims are doing with the quoran. The Bible is not a scientific document. it doesn't belong competing with scientific documents. And since your bible is sadly, for the most part, the same as my Bible, by discrediting the bible in the manner you evangelicals are doing you are also discrediting my bible. And that, is a problem.

Jesus:

Beautifully explained. Thank you.

What I think is misunderstood is who is making the choice. Our Savior chooses each one of us. Loves and knows each one of us uniquely. He is the lover; we are the beloved. He is always here and always waiting for you to choose Him, to accept Him into your heart. It's your choice, not His, and it's never too late.

How many posters here, other than myself, are blood-washed, born-again, God-loving Christians?

Yes. In the Roman Catholic sense of being 'born-again' :2wave:

Although I'm not always all that God loving...

Jesus:

I think you may be understating the importance and essential nature of baptism. I agree with your first premise that you cannot be saved just by having water poured on you, nor for that matter can you be saved by just reciting a simple prayer, there's clearly much more too it then that but Baptism by water has always and very consistently been expressed as a necessity in the bible and in early christian literature. Tertullian even wrote of the heretical teachings that tried to detracts from the necessity of baptism through water (very first paragraph in his writings on baptism 1)

From Jesus:
John 3:5,22-23 "5 Jesus answered, Believe me, no man can enter into the kingdom of God unless birth comes to him from water, and from the Holy Spirit."
"22 After this, Jesus and his disciples came into the land of Judaea, and there he remained with them, baptizing. 23 John was still baptizing, too, in Aenon, near Salim, where there was abundance of water; men went to him there to be baptized."

Matt. 16:16 16 "he who believes and is baptized will be saved; he who refuses belief will be condemned."

There's clearly much more to it then just the 'ritualistic act' which I'm not sure if that's what you were trying to get at or not but I thought it important enough to clearly point out.

1 Tertullian (Roberts-Donaldson)

I did yesterday... one of my clients is named Christian and he was doing something silly. :2razz:

It is very unprofessional of you to reveal confidential information about your client like that.

I am raised a Catholic, but currently attend a Bible Church since that is where my wife is comfortable.

Also, this is a neat video.

Blood washed means washed in the blood of the sacrificial lamb. Before Jesus you would sacrifice a lamb and wash in the blood of the lamb, and not eat the meat. The sacrifice Jesus made provided the perfect sacrifice, the sacrifice to end all sacrifices, the blood of God was spilt. We are all washed in the blood of the Lord. "For he so loved the world he gave his only begotten son."

Some think you need to speak in tongues, convulse, or some other poorly acted charade, but in truth you are taken into God's ranks upon baptism. That is the washing, then you were bathed in the blood of the lamb (Jesus)

Bathing in human blood is kinda weird. That is what vampires do.

You vampire-a-phobe!

I don't think people really contemplate what they say they believe. God who created the universe wants you to drink and bath in human blood? That is crazy right out if a horror movie.

Imagine if we really did drink and bath in human blood.

Back
Top Bottom