• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christians also have called for the death of gays [W:218]

As per the very source you cited, he was an agnost and was offered last rites immediately before his execution. DO you think that means his actions were influenced in any way by Catholicism?

No. Why in the world would you think this?

I simply mean that as I recall, he was reared as a Catholic and that before his death, he apparently chose to return to the faith of his childhood and to receive last rites.

Give me your background into Islam, please. And just so you know, I don't accept lectures on any religion from arrogant, left wing atheists.

An interesting way to not start a conversation. You ask for information regarding Islam but then tell us that you "don't accept lectures on any religion from arrogant, left wing atheists"

What's the point of providing you with information/knowledge when you have already told us that you won't listen?

Not really, Mcveigh followed a different insane violent terrorist group than ISIS. That is the link, being a follower of violent insane terrorist groups. It really doesn't matter what religion they are or whether they claim to be religious or not. They are mass murderers because they are violent insane terrorists.

Awesome. So shrieking "but the Christians!!!! But the Christians!!!!"...that's rather foolish, isn't it?

No. Why in the world would you think this?

I simply mean that as I recall, he was reared as a Catholic and that before his death, he apparently chose to return to the faith of his childhood and to receive last rites.

So let's keep it in perspective of the discussion. Zero relevance in his despicable terrorist act. Deathbed conversion. The end.

Digsbe 50 people were killed and the most important thing many focused on in that thread was the fact that the shooter was a muslim.His belief is more important to many than the loss of those lives.........

A Muslim that pledged allegiance to ISIS and ISIS took credit for the attack. This was very much a Muslim terrorist attack on Americans. This time, the target was a group of gay Americans.

A Muslim that pledged allegiance to ISIS and ISIS took credit for the attack. This was very much a Muslim terrorist attack on Americans. This time, the target was a group of gay Americans.

we began to support gays ? good.....

Where/when has ISIS taken credit for the attack?

Then you could say since mcVeigh pledged allegiance to the Christian faith the Oklahoma bombing was a Christian attack on Americans. Be careful what you say, the Orlando shooting was an ISIS attack not a Muslim one. ISIS is a violent insane terrorist group and that is who should be blamed.

Then you could say since mcVeigh pledged allegiance to the Christian faith the Oklahoma bombing was a Christian attack on Americans. Be careful what you say, the Orlando shooting was an ISIS attack not a Muslim one. ISIS is a violent insane terrorist group and that is who should be blamed.

Which international Christian terrorist group did McVeigh pledge allegiance to?

ISIS is an insane Muslim terrorist group and I don't recall blaming anyone but the Muslim terrorists.

Which international Christian terrorist group did McVeigh pledge allegiance to?

ISIS is an insane Muslim terrorist group and I don't recall blaming anyone but the Muslim terrorists.

Since the group McVeigh belonged to was made up of Christians, why not stress their religion as well? They certainly could be called Christian terrorists and not be incorrect.

Since the group McVeigh belonged to was made up of Christians, why not stress their religion as well? They certainly could be called Christian terrorists and not be incorrect.

You said he pledged allegiance to the Christian faith.

You said he pledged allegiance to the Christian faith.

And he was a mass murdering terrorist. Therefore by your determination he was a Christian terrorist. Why is that incorrect?

And he was a mass murdering terrorist. Therefore by your determination he was a Christian terrorist. Why is that incorrect?

Just like Mateen is a Muslim terrorist. Right?

okay how about hitler?

Hitler was a nutjob. He may have claimed to be Christian, but for the Nazis allegiance to the state was far more important then any religion.

Except for scapegoating the Jews, of course.

Just like Mateen is a Muslim terrorist. Right?

If you say that McVeigh is a Christian terrorist it is. Is that what you call him?

Actually according to his ex-wife, Mateen was not very religious at all. He was just an insane murderer who hated gays I think. Groups like ISIS are attractive to insane murderers for obvious reasons.

Mateen’s ex-wife said in an interview Sunday that he beat her repeatedly during their brief marriage, and said that Mateen, who was Muslim, was not very religious and gave no indications that he was devoted to radical Islam.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooting-about-20-dead-in-domestic-terror-incident-at-gay-club/?utm_term=.a80f27a7f57c

Mateen was telling alluah akbar. Sounds like every other Muslim terrorist.

There is no doubt he was inspired by ISIS but there is no way of knowing whether he would have snapped and done the same thing without their inspiration. He was a very sick man but religion is not what made him that way. He was not very religious at all from what I read and there are plenty of nuts that did similar things without any religion being to blame.

There is no doubt he was inspired by ISIS but there is no way of knowing whether he would have snapped and done the same thing without their inspiration. He was a very sick man but religion is not what made him that way. He was not very religious at all from what I read.

But, if he was a Christian white dude, he's definitely a Christian terrorist? This guy yelling alluah akbar was just a coincidence?...lol

Christians also have called for the death of gays

A few have.

You can find a few people in almost any demographic calling for practically any damn thing.

Uganda, btw, is in Africa. In case you haven't noticed, a great deal of Africa is still involved in mass slaughter of anyone not-their-tribe for any reason or no reason whatsoever. Warlords tend to seize on any excuse to massacre their enemies.

But, if he was a Christian white dude, he's definitely a Christian terrorist? This guy yelling alluah akbar was just a coincidence?...lol

The theater shooter had a batman costume on. Should we call him a Batman terrorist? Crazy people get inspired by other crazy people is that surprising to you?

Back
Top Bottom