• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christianity - the real target of hate in gay issue

Shamgar said:
Oh sorry . . . it is called a sarcastic remark . . . . since I don't need to be spoon fed myself, I presume no one else does . . . . my mistake . . .
Verses are unrelated to homosexuality:
The complete passage describes how the ex-Christians engaged in orgiastic, presumably heterosexual sexual activities. This type of behavior was common among Pagan fertility religions in Rome during Paul's time. Paul writes that, later, God "gave them over" to something new: homosexual behavior. This implies that throughout their lifetime they had had a heterosexual orientation and had engaged only in heterosexual sex. God influenced them so that they engaged in homosexual sex. This was, for them, an unnatural activity. They were criticized because they were engaged in sexual activity which was unnatural for them. For a person with a heterosexual orientation, homosexual behavior is "shameful," "unnatural," "indecent," and a "perversion." The passage in Romans is not a condemnation of homosexual behavior. Rather, it disapproves of sexual behavior that is against a person's basic nature (i.e. homosexual behaviors by people whose orientation is heterosexual). Presumably this would condemn heterosexual behavior by gays and lesbians -- activity which is equally against their nature.

For the vast majority of adults, those who are heterosexual, it is indecent for them to engage in homosexual activities. For the small minority of humans who are homosexual, it would be indecent for them to engage in heterosexual activities. As C. Ann Shepherd writes: "When the scripture is understood correctly, it seems to imply that it would be unnatural for heterosexuals to live as homosexuals, and for homosexuals to live as heterosexuals."

We don't care what the bible says, we will rewrite it if we have to!

Shuamort, I have been asked to change my screen name, but I can' t find that feature anywhere in the user control panel.....

Shamgar said:
And of course pagans were not invented until after the dark ages . . .. . hahahahahaha

Maybe I should change it to We let christianity rule the majority of the western civilization and we know this time as the dark ages for a reason .

at least when pagans had their say culture didn't stagnate.. yes it was more primitive but we accredit most wonders of the world to this era. When christians ruled we had the caste system and enforced ignorance.

Shamgar said:
Phew! Am I glad you disagree with me . . . . I would hate to have a natural man, like yourself, start agreeing with me on the meaning of Scripture . . . .
Looking out... on the morning rain (shaa doop).
I used to feel, so tired (shaa doop).

shuamort said:
Looking out... on the morning rain (shaa doop).
I used to feel, so tired (shaa doop).

:rofl Sing out, sister!

Back
Top Bottom