• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’

I do agree this yahoo is not representative of all Christians. Most mainstream Christians do not support this. Problem is, some on the fringe might take it as a call to murder abortion providers. Let's hope they don't.
Yes, let's pray that they don't. Shaking my head over those who claim to love God but hate their neighbors, and those on the fringe are...well, unpredictable.

This is all you need to read to know this story is off the rails.
What if some of the members here are Baptists preachers from Texas.... just sayin'.;)

What if some of the members here are Baptists preachers from Texas.... just sayin'.;)
I only know of one priest here. There could be more men or women of the cloth and if I offended any of them I'll offer a regular member up as a sacrifice. For penance you see.

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’​

renderTimingPixel.png

https://deadstate.org/christian-pas...-until-we-shed-the-blood-of-abortion-doctors/
A Baptist preacher in Texas said in a recent sermon that he wants to see abortion doctors killed, but he wants to see it done through “due process.”
According to Pastor Jonathan Shelley, the fact that abortion doctors are allowed to operate is preventing God from bestowing his blessings on America.
“America has a lot of abortion doctors walking around right now causing God to not be able to bless America until we shed their blood,” Shelley declared to his congregation, some of whom replied, “Amen!”
Great another Talibornigain, why doesn't he do the world a pleasure and join the Taliban, they seem to be a better fit than those living in a democratic society.

Atypical churches and pastors make the news, not the ordinary great majority. I went Googling. .......Sure enough, Stedfast Baptist Church, founded in 2017, is not a large or well-known church. Google Maps shows it located in a modest strip mall in Jacksonville, Florida, alongside an arcade, a barber shop, another church, and a raw-meat store for pets called Paw Lickin’ Good. https://slate.com/human-interest/20...nts-new-independent-fundamental-baptists.html
Just because these pastors are not well known and their congregations not large does not mean the violence they are preaching is not dangerous. The anti-abortion evangelicals that encouraged the killing of 11 abortion providers, fire bombed clinics, doxed clinic workers kids and spouses, and conducted screaming parties outside clinics were also small, un-known groups of evangelicals. These churches and pastors are not atypical. They preach an evangelical message without hiding the bigotry, paranoia and violence at the center of American evangelism.

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’​

renderTimingPixel.png

https://deadstate.org/christian-pas...-until-we-shed-the-blood-of-abortion-doctors/
A Baptist preacher in Texas said in a recent sermon that he wants to see abortion doctors killed, but he wants to see it done through “due process.”
According to Pastor Jonathan Shelley, the fact that abortion doctors are allowed to operate is preventing God from bestowing his blessings on America.
“America has a lot of abortion doctors walking around right now causing God to not be able to bless America until we shed their blood,” Shelley declared to his congregation, some of whom replied, “Amen!”
I'm constantly amazed at the hate American Christians have for Jesus

That's not true either - and you know it. Now you're just perpetuating a lie by broadbrushing all baptists, all preachers, and all Texans with one stroke of dishonest generalizing.

You have to appreciate the chutzpah of the evangelicals. Rules don't apply to them:
* 1st Amendment establishment? Pfft, that's meant for other denominations that aren't real Christian. God tells us that we should make our message into law for every woman of child bearing age.
*No preaching politics from the pulpit? Pfft that for all those wimpy Protestants. Religious freedom means we can preach what we want.
*Advocating public violence? Pfft the violence of abortion requires violent means to stop it.
*No political advocacy if you want to stay tax free? Pfft, we deserve to be untaxed because we are doing the work God commanded us to do.
*No sweeping generalizations, no broad brushing? Pfft that only applies to baby killers, murderers, sluts, immoral women and those that support them in their illegal quest for abortions.

did God say anything about the mass shootings and the domestic abuse?

Back
Top Bottom