• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’

Atypical churches and pastors make the news, not the ordinary great majority. I went Googling. From the Stedfast Baptist Church website (and note the run-on): "Welcome to Stedfast Baptist Church, we are an independent fundamental King James Only Baptist church." https://stedfastbaptistkjv.org/

I had no idea what an "independent fundamental King James Only Baptist church was, so I Googled that too. From Wiki:

This association was created in 2017, and there are 32 congregations worldwide.

If you scroll down the page at the first link, you can see the size of the congregation itself.

From Slate in 2019:

When obscure pastors make national headlines for rhetoric like this, it’s sometimes a stretch to call them religious “leaders.” Another Florida pastor named Terry Jones dominated multiple national news cycles in 2010 for threatening to burn a copy of the Quran, and his independent church turned out to have no more than 50 members. Vice found him working at a fry stand at the mall five years later. Anyone can declare themselves a “pastor,” no matter how small their flock. The most virulent voices are typically fringe characters who do not represent—or even appeal to—very many people.

Sure enough, Stedfast Baptist Church, founded in 2017, is not a large or well-known church. Google Maps shows it located in a modest strip mall in Jacksonville, Florida, alongside an arcade, a barber shop, another church, and a raw-meat store for pets called Paw Lickin’ Good. https://slate.com/human-interest/20...nts-new-independent-fundamental-baptists.html

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’​

renderTimingPixel.png

https://deadstate.org/christian-pas...-until-we-shed-the-blood-of-abortion-doctors/
A Baptist preacher in Texas said in a recent sermon that he wants to see abortion doctors killed, but he wants to see it done through “due process.”
According to Pastor Jonathan Shelley, the fact that abortion doctors are allowed to operate is preventing God from bestowing his blessings on America.
“America has a lot of abortion doctors walking around right now causing God to not be able to bless America until we shed their blood,” Shelley declared to his congregation, some of whom replied, “Amen!”

And most Christians disagree.

Atypical churches and pastors make the news, not the ordinary great majority. I went Googling. From the Stedfast Baptist Church website (and note the run-on): "Welcome to Stedfast Baptist Church, we are an independent fundamental King James Only Baptist church." https://stedfastbaptistkjv.org/

I had no idea what an "independent fundamental King James Only Baptist church was, so I Googled that too. From Wiki:

If you scroll down the page at the first link, you can see the size of the congregation itself.

From Slate in 2019:

When obscure pastors make national headlines for rhetoric like this, it’s sometimes a stretch to call them religious “leaders.” Another Florida pastor named Terry Jones dominated multiple national news cycles in 2010 for threatening to burn a copy of the Quran, and his independent church turned out to have no more than 50 members. Vice found him working at a fry stand at the mall five years later. Anyone can declare themselves a “pastor,” no matter how small their flock. The most virulent voices are typically fringe characters who do not represent—or even appeal to—very many people.

Sure enough, Stedfast Baptist Church, founded in 2017, is not a large or well-known church. Google Maps shows it located in a modest strip mall in Jacksonville, Florida, alongside an arcade, a barber shop, another church, and a raw-meat store for pets called Paw Lickin’ Good. https://slate.com/human-interest/20...nts-new-independent-fundamental-baptists.html
You are always so diligent in your research. Thank you.
My fear is that someone won't read past the first few sentences. That someone doesn't have to be a member of the congregation now that this is making headlines.

We now have a Supreme Court packed with religious zealots like that pastor so hold on to you hat. They plan on remaking America in the very image that pastor painted. They are a revengeful bunch and spilling blood does not phase them.
We warned the left that Harry Reid using the nuclear option was going to mess up the country, the republicans paid back the democrats 10 fold and caught the bus....Good grief what a mess.

Some might stop listening at "until we shed their blood" and be a good little soldier.

Perhaps, but then those same "some" would be guilty of murder and find themselves tried and convicted.

See how that kind of "what if" thinking does not always lead to where you think your comment leads? :coffee:

I don't know what this means.
We have a whole pile of pastors in Northern Arizona that screech nonstop about lynching Gays, putting women in their place, and throwing out all the Muslims and Jews.

We warned the left that Harry Reid using the nuclear option was going to mess up the country, the republicans paid back the democrats 10 fold and caught the bus....Good grief what a mess.
Yeah, when you're right, you're right.

Perhaps, but then those same "some" would be guilty of murder and find themselves tried and convicted.

See how that kind of "what if" thinking does not always lead to where you think your comment leads? :coffee:
They would and should be tried and convicted after someone lost their life.

From Slate in 2019:

When obscure pastors make national headlines for rhetoric like this, it’s sometimes a stretch to call them religious “leaders.” Another Florida pastor named Terry Jones dominated multiple national news cycles in 2010 for threahe ontening to burn a copy of the Quran, and his independent church turned out to have no more than 50 members. Vice found him working at a fry stand at the mall five years later. Anyone can declare themselves a “pastor,” no matter how small their flock. The most virulent voices are typically fringe characters who do not represent—or even appeal to—very many people.

Sure enough, Stedfast Baptist Church, founded in 2017, is not a large or well-known church. Google Maps shows it located in a modest strip mall in Jacksonville, Florida, alongside an arcade, a barber shop, another church, and a raw-meat store for pets called Paw Lickin’ Good. https://slate.com/human-interest/20...nts-new-independent-fundamental-baptists.htmlTh
Meh. People start these type of threads all the time. The only difference is that most of those are by people that share your ideology so you don't fact check it for us.

Not the freaks in Phoenix.
I know who you are talking about. Freaky "church" in an industrial complex off of 52nd and Southern.

The republicans are the ones that allowed these swine out from under their rocks.

I know who you are talking about. Freaky "church" in an industrial complex off of 52nd and Southern.

The republicans are the ones that allowed these swine out from under their rocks.
Yeah, the Anderson prick is a good example, but he's far from alone.

We now have a Supreme Court packed with religious zealots like that pastor so hold on to you hat. They plan on remaking America in the very image that pastor painted. They are a revengeful bunch and spilling blood does not phase them.
That's hyperbolic nonsense, and you know it.

In any group of people, if you go looking for an idiot to make fun of, you'll surely find one.

Reid did not lift the filibuster on Supreme Court nominees. It was Mitch that messed up the country. He turned a once sacred process into a partisan clown show. The Democrats are being far too timid now too. If there are no filibusters to confirm the most important judges in the country there is no reason it should be in place for voting rights or abortion rights either.

He is a nutter.

Also, kudos to him for admitting people are more powerful than god: “America has a lot of abortion doctors walking around right now causing God to not be able to bless America until we shed their blood,”

Reid did not lift the filibuster on Supreme Court nominees. It was Mitch that messed up the country. He turned a once sacred process into a partisan clown show. The Democrats are being far too timid now too. If there are no filibusters to confirm the most important judges in the country there is no reason it should be in place for voting rights or abortion rights either.
I said the Republicans paid back the Democrats 10 fold for using the Nuclear option, (you slap me I will knock you out)

So you want the Republicans to retaliate again harder ?

Listen I posted on this site I am pro abortion, pro legal drugs (even cocaine) anti death penalty, I am pro legal immigration, pro voter rights but one thing I observed society took a down fall for abortion on demand/ being used just because the woman was inconvenient and didn't want a baby.

I feel society took a down fall after devaluing human life with legal abortion more killings, more mass shootings then before. We as a society has to except the women's right to choose, along with we as a society have to except abortion is murder. We need stronger heads and compromise and use Europe as an example on there abortion laws.

Is it? The court leaks their intention of overturning Roe and immediately a pastor calls for the blood of abortion providers to be spilled. Last time preachers sent out a call to kill abortion providers 11 were killed.

I first posted this comment about the OP:
It's this kind of crap from supposed "Christians" that is really disappointing.
To which you replied:
And then I replied to that.
And then you came back with this nonsense.
You deny that restricting abortions will cause maiming and deaths to women? Far from being hyperbolic, it is a given and the court could care less.
Tell ya what. When you've decided what you want to say and it has some bearing on the discussion, let us know.

Otherwise I'm not interested in playing "What the heck is he going to say next?" with you.

I first posted this comment about the OP:

To which you replied:

And then I replied to that.

And then you came back with this nonsense.

Tell ya what. When you've decided what you want to say and it has some bearing on the discussion, let us know.

Otherwise I'm not interested in playing "What the heck is he going to say next?" with you.
In these decades leading up to Roe, abortion was for the most part illegal. Because of that, seeking abortions also became extremely dangerous, particularly for low-income pregnant people and people of color, especially Black women.

In 1930, abortion was listed as the official cause of death for almost 2,700 women in the United States, though there were likely many more deaths that did not get recorded. In the 1940s when antibiotics were introduced, fewer were dying from illegal abortions, but thousands were still admitted into the hospital due to medical complications.

...and the game continues.

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’​

renderTimingPixel.png

https://deadstate.org/christian-pas...-until-we-shed-the-blood-of-abortion-doctors/
A Baptist preacher in Texas said in a recent sermon that he wants to see abortion doctors killed, but he wants to see it done through “due process.”
According to Pastor Jonathan Shelley, the fact that abortion doctors are allowed to operate is preventing God from bestowing his blessings on America.
“America has a lot of abortion doctors walking around right now causing God to not be able to bless America until we shed their blood,” Shelley declared to his congregation, some of whom replied, “Amen!”
Many (and maybe even most) of these evangelical pastors should spend more time in the Bible as their understanding God is pretty suspect. There are a great many things which God speaks directly to that America is guilty of, including Love of Money, Greed, a hardened heart to foreigners, divorce and remarriage (which is adulterous) among other things. God says nothing about abortion whatsoever, so clearly it is not standing in the way of God's blessings.

Most of these pastors speak for themselves, masking their will by using the name of God. This is actually using the Lord's name in vain. Given that so many of them do that (another commandment), I would suggest that God is likely far more upset with these charlatans than doctors the perform abortions.

As I've been saying since the 70s, the anti choice people are many things but pro life isn't one of them.
The entire abortion issue is disingenuous. It has been a vehicle to acquire political power. If they were really interested in saving babies, they would have a consistent platform that was truly pro-life. They fundamentally are fine with these babies being born but suffering in poverty, sickness or by just being unloved/neglected by the parent that was not ready for the baby. It is really rather sick.

Last edited:
I do agree this yahoo is not representative of all Christians. Most mainstream Christians do not support this. Problem is, some on the fringe might take it as a call to murder abortion providers. Let's hope they don't.

Back
Top Bottom