• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’​

renderTimingPixel.png

https://deadstate.org/christian-pas...-until-we-shed-the-blood-of-abortion-doctors/
A Baptist preacher in Texas said in a recent sermon that he wants to see abortion doctors killed, but he wants to see it done through “due process.”
According to Pastor Jonathan Shelley, the fact that abortion doctors are allowed to operate is preventing God from bestowing his blessings on America.
“America has a lot of abortion doctors walking around right now causing God to not be able to bless America until we shed their blood,” Shelley declared to his congregation, some of whom replied, “Amen!”

Many such cases.

Ha! I happened to talk to God the other day and when I mentioned that Baptist preacher in Texas, God shrugged and said:
"That's one dude I kinda' regret making..."
Cute but not possible whe he is all knowing. He would have known this guy was going to make him look bad and turn people from Christ but went ahead anyways. Derp

Christian pastor: God can’t bless America until we ‘shed the blood of abortion doctors’​

renderTimingPixel.png

https://deadstate.org/christian-pas...-until-we-shed-the-blood-of-abortion-doctors/
A Baptist preacher in Texas said in a recent sermon that he wants to see abortion doctors killed, but he wants to see it done through “due process.”
According to Pastor Jonathan Shelley, the fact that abortion doctors are allowed to operate is preventing God from bestowing his blessings on America.
“America has a lot of abortion doctors walking around right now causing God to not be able to bless America until we shed their blood,” Shelley declared to his congregation, some of whom replied, “Amen!”
It's this kind of crap from supposed "Christians" that is really disappointing.

This is all you need to read to know this story is off the rails.
That's not true either - and you know it. Now you're just perpetuating a lie by broadbrushing all baptists, all preachers, and all Texans with one stroke of dishonest generalizing.

The OP does not say all Baptists, preachers, and or all Texans are like this.

renderTimingPixel.png

As I've been saying since the 70s, the anti choice people are many things but pro life isn't one of them.

renderTimingPixel.png

He should be more concerned about Baptist preachers who molest children.

There is nowhere in the Bible forbidding a woman from terminating her pregnancy. But God kills a lot of baybeez.

renderTimingPixel.png

I disagree with the statement that America can somehow prevent God from bestowing his blessings on this nation. God can always do as he pleases.

He should be more concerned about Baptist preachers who molest children.

There is nowhere in the Bible forbidding a woman from terminating her pregnancy. But God kills a lot of baybeez.
Regarding the termination of a pregnancy, Exodus 20:13 says "You shall not murder." First John 3:15 says "...no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." Abortion is murder. The unborn are human beings. See Luke 1:39-44, Psalm 139:13-14, and Jeremiah 1:5. Regarding God killing babies, I guess you are referring to the flood of Noah and the Passover. God is sovereign. He has a right to do what he pleases. See Isaiah 29:16, Isaiah 45:9-10, Matthew 20:1-16, and Romans 9:19-24.

renderTimingPixel.png

The last time pastors started calling for the death of abortion providers several lunatics came forward and did the job. If Pastor Shelley calls once more for someone to kill providers, it will happen again.

The right wing religion party AKA Republicans is making a lot of noise about using an old 1950's anti-Communist anti-picketing law to call for the arrest and jailing of pro-choice people picketing the justices homes. Where were those same outraged complaints when the evangelicals were posting wanted lists, doxing providers, listing their kids schools and advising to kill providers. So farther has been no violence. In fact Alito's neighbors are offered wine and cheese to protesters.

If someone kills someone and references this person, this person should experience a lot of due process. They're trying to cover their ass by saying "due process."

It's this kind of crap from supposed "Christians" that is really disappointing.
We now have a Supreme Court packed with religious zealots like that pastor so hold on to you hat. They plan on remaking America in the very image that pastor painted. They are a revengeful bunch and spilling blood does not phase them.

Regarding the termination of a pregnancy, Exodus 20:13 says "You shall not murder." First John 3:15 says "...no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." Abortion is murder. The unborn are human beings. See Luke 1:39-44, Psalm 139:13-14, and Jeremiah 1:5. Regarding God killing babies, I guess you are referring to the flood of Noah and the Passover. God is sovereign. He has a right to do what he pleases. See Isaiah 29:16, Isaiah 45:9-10, Matthew 20:1-16, and Romans 9:19-24.
Neither god or The bible has any say in our secular laws, including abortion laws. Legally, abortion is not murder and the unborn are not persons. The unborn are not babies either.

That's not true either - and you know it. Now you're just perpetuating a lie by broadbrushing all baptists, all preachers, and all Texans with one stroke of dishonest generalizing.
Oh, you don't like sweeping generalizations? But, all pro-choice people are baby killers. All abortions are just for convenience. All women are lazy, lax and lascivious. All Democrats are ............... and so on up and down your propaganda ladder.

Here's the deal. You learn something about the people you are condemning with one dishonest stroke of generalization and we will give you proof that most evangelical preachers call for violence when talking about abortion and Texan agree enough with the current Texas abortion fiasco that they do not try changing the law. Not complaining, not changing is agreement.

I disagree with the statement that America can somehow prevent God from bestowing his blessings on this nation. God can always do as he pleases.
Prove there's a God! Your statements seem to br based on that premise.

Incorrect. Abortion is not murder and the unborn are not human beings. There is nowhere in the Bible saying they are.

renderTimingPixel.png

And?

Freedom of speech allows for speech people don't agree with.

I certainly don't agree with him if the statements reflect is his position:

“Now, I do not believe that we should take that into our own hands — I won’t touch one of them … only in self-defense,” he continued. “But you know what? We should pass legislation and our government should find these people guilty of murder through due process, through the legal processes of multiple witnesses of hard evidence, and then they should … kill them.” https://deadstate.org/christian-pas...-until-we-shed-the-blood-of-abortion-doctors/

However, I could agree that any doctor who proceeds with an abortion after the periods set by the SCOTUS rulings (in the restricted trimesters except to save the life of the mother) they should face criminal charges including felony murder or manslaughter depending on the applicable State law.

But I also support choice in the first 15 weeks as per those SCOTUS rulings, but allowing it should be left to State Legislatures to determine on a State by State basis.

And?

Freedom of speech allows for speech people don't agree with.

I certainly don't agree with him if the statements reflect is his position:

“Now, I do not believe that we should take that into our own hands — I won’t touch one of them … only in self-defense,” he continued. “But you know what? We should pass legislation and our government should find these people guilty of murder through due process, through the legal processes of multiple witnesses of hard evidence, and then they should … kill them.” https://deadstate.org/christian-pas...-until-we-shed-the-blood-of-abortion-doctors/

However, I could agree that any doctor who proceeds with an abortion after the periods set by the SCOTUS rulings (in the restricted trimesters except to save the life of the mother) they should face criminal charges including felony murder or manslaughter depending on the applicable State law.

But I also support choice in the first 15 weeks as per those SCOTUS rulings, but allowing it should be left to State Legislatures to determine on a State by State basis.
Some might stop listening at "until we shed their blood" and be a good little soldier.

Back
Top Bottom