• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian ministry labeled as a hate group suing SPLC to ‘right terrible wrong[W:224]

ocean515

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Christian ministry labeled as a hate group is suing SPLC to ‘right a terrible wrong’

An evangelical Christian ministry is suing the Southern Poverty Law Center for calling the ministry a hate group because of its stance against LGBT rights.

The federal religious discrimination lawsuit was filed last week by D. James Kennedy Ministries of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., against the Alabama-based watchdog group. It seeks an unspecified amount of money.

The law center tracks extremist organizations, and it publicly names organizations it considers hate groups​

For those who don't know, the SPLC is a Progressive operation, receiving funds from the likes of George Soro's through his spider web of oganizations, the Ford Foundation, the Knight Foundation, etc., etc..

Quite telling is the fact this operation has suddenly become in recent years, the almost single source for the media, and other such outlets, in determining which groups to attack as their Culture War is rolled out.

Question: Should political/ideologically driven organizations like the SPLC be held liable for, to paraphrase comments from the plaintiff, "defamation...from the publication and distribution of false information ...to disgrace, ridicule, odium, and [create] contempt in the estimation of the public"?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: Christian ministry labeled as a hate group is suing SPLC to ‘right a terrible wro

Good! High time Morris Dees got a taste of his own medicine after all these years enriching himself by smearing and threatening people.

Re: Christian ministry labeled as a hate group is suing SPLC to ‘right a terrible wro

The media, Big Data, and the lawyers, plus the DNC have come out with a "enemies list" and is using "What ever means necessary" to destroy the political opposition by targeting them.

I wonder where the data is coming from? My guess is FANG - Facebook by your posts, pages, and likes, Amazon by what you read and what you buy, Netflix by what you watch, and Google by what to search and what you blog.

It's getting more dangerous for freedom every day these companies selling and trading and integrating customers personal data aren't reigned in.

The ministry hates gays, that is an accurate label. They just don't like being called out for being anti-gay, that is not discrimination.

The ministry hates gays, that is an accurate label. They just don't like being called out for being anti-gay, that is not discrimination.

Please produce one officially published statement from this ministry, declaring, in no uncertain terms, their HATRED of gays. G'head, I'll wait.

Good! High time Morris Dees got a taste of his own medicine after all these years enriching himself by smearing and threatening people.

Agreed.

The remarkable thing people should educate themselves with is the fact all these groups, like the SPLC, are connected and funded by the same people.

It seems that just about every time some "authority" becomes prominent to the left's MSM partners, it has connections to the same ultra left/alt-left benefactors.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-12-06/fight-hate-crimes-philanthropist-george-soross-organization-begins-tracking-them

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2005/10/10/prestigious-award-goes-splc-connected-lawyer

Here is some information of what the SPLC actually is.

https://lecf-inc.org/jerome-r-corsi-articles/2017/4/3/southern-poverty-law-center-advances-hard-left-hate-agenda-against-law-enforcement

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=6989

Can someone say "liberal fascism" on display? Act as we command, believe as we command, or suffer the consequences...

Please produce one officially published statement from this ministry, declaring, in no uncertain terms, their HATRED of gays. G'head, I'll wait.

They oppose same-sex marriage and never fought the designation till it impacted their donations.

Name the Muslim organizations identified by the SPLC as hate groups. I haven't found any.

Islam condemns homosexuality.

https://tariqramadan.com/english/islam-and-homosexuality/

We must reiterate, as does Isabelle Levy in “Soins et croyances” [1] that all the worlds’ major religions and spiritual traditions—from the majority view in Hinduism, Buddhism and Judaism to Christianity and Islam—condemn and forbid homosexuality. The great majority of rabbis hold the same position, as do the Pope and the Dalaï Lama, who condemns homosexuality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam

They oppose same-sex marriage and never fought the designation till it impacted their donations.

In other words, no, you cannot. Thanks for playing.

In other words, no, you cannot. Thanks for playing.

Formerly called Truth in Action, D. James Kennedy Ministries holds that marriage “is a one man, one woman relationship,” spokesman John Rabe said. “We believe that marriage is a central institution to society and it was ordained by God.”

Miami Herald
They are suing over it, what proof do you need? They said they are being discriminated against for opposing same-sex marriage, that is what the lawsuit is about, maybe try reading for once.

Christian ministry labeled as a hate group is suing SPLC to ‘right a terrible wrong’

An evangelical Christian ministry is suing the Southern Poverty Law Center for calling the ministry a hate group because of its stance against LGBT rights.

The federal religious discrimination lawsuit was filed last week by D. James Kennedy Ministries of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., against the Alabama-based watchdog group. It seeks an unspecified amount of money.

The law center tracks extremist organizations, and it publicly names organizations it considers hate groups​

For those who don't know, the SPLC is a Progressive operation, receiving funds from the likes of George Soro's through his spider web of oganizations, the Ford Foundation, the Knight Foundation, etc., etc..

Quite telling is the fact this operation has suddenly become in recent years, the almost single source for the media, and other such outlets, in determining which groups to attack as their Culture War is rolled out.

Question: Should political/ideologically driven organizations like the SPLC be held liable for, to paraphrase comments from the plaintiff, "defamation...from the publication and distribution of false information ...to disgrace, ridicule, odium, and [create] contempt in the estimation of the public"?

Your thoughts?

Why shouldn't a group that stands against equal rights for lgbt's be labeled a hate group?

What do mean they "hate gays".

Your thoughts?

This is just wrong. Unless that ministry promoted violence against anyone, they should not be labeled a hate group because of their beliefs! C'mon people! This is so "thought" police like, it's scary.

Why shouldn't a group that stands against equal rights for lgbt's be labeled a hate group?

Not agreeing with or being against something does not equal hate.

Note :I'm not against gays and I'm not religious.

Because it is not based on hate. Why shouldn't groups that support AA be labled as hate groups?

Agreed.

The remarkable thing people should educate themselves with is the fact all these groups, like the SPLC, are connected and funded by the same people.

It seems that just about every time some "authority" becomes prominent to the left's MSM partners, it has connections to the same ultra left/alt-left benefactors.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-12-06/fight-hate-crimes-philanthropist-george-soross-organization-begins-tracking-them

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2005/10/10/prestigious-award-goes-splc-connected-lawyer

Here is some information of what the SPLC actually is.

https://lecf-inc.org/jerome-r-corsi-articles/2017/4/3/southern-poverty-law-center-advances-hard-left-hate-agenda-against-law-enforcement

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=6989

Can someone say "liberal fascism" on display? Act as we command, believe as we command, or suffer the consequences...

Liberal fascism is an oxymoron. Very moronic in fact.

This is just wrong. Unless that ministry promoted violence against anyone, they should not be labeled a hate group because of their beliefs! C'mon people! This is so "thought" police like, it's scary.

A group that promotes violence would, in my opinion, be raised into a higher category, such as "extremist." And if it actually carries out that violence, possibly "terrorist." I'm not speaking for official government designations when I say that. I'm speaking for myself.

Because it is not based on hate. Why shouldn't groups that support AA be labled as hate groups?

Alcoholic Anonymous? You lost me there.

I don't care if their rationalization for denying equal rights to groups they consider distasteful doesn't use the word "hate." I've never known anybody to apply the word "racist" to themselves, but we know racism when it wears a fasce, hood or swastika just fine.

Miami Herald
They are suing over it, what proof do you need? They said they are being discriminated against for opposing same-sex marriage, that is what the lawsuit is about, maybe try reading for once.

Your claim was they "hate gays", remember?

Show me where they have EVER expressed a hatred of gays. Sorry, but opposing gay marriage is not hatred. Perhaps you don't have a firm grasp on the concept of hatred. I suggest a dictionary.

A group that promotes violence would, in my opinion, be raised into a higher category, such as "extremist." And if it actually carries out that violence, possibly "terrorist." I'm not speaking for official government designations when I say that. I'm speaking for myself.

Yes, but the article I read did not say anything about them promoting violence. Do you have other information that they do?

Your claim was they "hate gays", remember?

Show me where they have EVER expressed a hatred of gays. Sorry, but opposing gay marriage is not hatred. Perhaps you don't have a firm grasp on the concept of hatred. I suggest a dictionary.

Being against same-sex marriage is being anti-LGBT.

Not agreeing with or being against something does not equal hate.

Against "something?" We're not discussing some nebulous thing here. We're talking about the equal rights of lgbt's.

Yes, but the article I read did not say anything about them promoting violence. Do you have other information that they do?

Read my post more carefully.

Liberal fascism is an oxymoron. Very moronic in fact.

ROFL since when? Just look at the alt-left groups and especially Antifa. If there was ever an oxymoron it is Antifa.

ROFL since when? Just look at the alt-left groups and especially Antifa. If there was ever an oxymoron it is Antifa.

You need to look up the word "oxymoron."

Back
Top Bottom