• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian Mingle and other dating sites MUST allow same sex matches

Enola

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Christian Mingle must now allow same-sex matches following discrimination lawsuit - AOL

Dating site ChristianMingle.com will soon allow users to search for same-sex matches, courtesy of a "judge-approved settlement of discrimination claims," the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.
Under the terms of the settlement, the outcome of a lawsuit filed in California against dating site operator Spark Networks Inc. in 2013 by two gay men who claimed the company's refusal to provide same-sex matches constituted discrimination, Christian Mingle and other sites operating under the company's purview will simply ask whether users are men or women. The settlement also requires the company to introduce features to Christian Mingle making it easier for gay and lesbian users to find others on the site.

Other sites covered by the settlement include CatholicMingle.com,AdventistSinglesConnection.com and BlackSingles.com, the Journal added. According to a version of the settlement posted to the Journal's web site, Spark will pay out $9,000 to each of the plaintiffs and $450,000 in legal fees to the firm representing them.
***************************************************************************************
Ok. Meanwhile, I find issue with the catholic site and black single site cuz see, I am white but might wanna date a black guy and I am a wiccan, but am attracted to catholics. Black ones. They are DISCRIMINATING against me! I'm gonna sue and FORCE them to accept what I want even though it is clear what they cater too. It's not FAIR. *sniff*

Cake anyone?

Christian Mingle must now allow same-sex matches following discrimination lawsuit - AOL

Dating site ChristianMingle.com will soon allow users to search for same-sex matches, courtesy of a "judge-approved settlement of discrimination claims," the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.
Under the terms of the settlement, the outcome of a lawsuit filed in California against dating site operator Spark Networks Inc. in 2013 by two gay men who claimed the company's refusal to provide same-sex matches constituted discrimination, Christian Mingle and other sites operating under the company's purview will simply ask whether users are men or women. The settlement also requires the company to introduce features to Christian Mingle making it easier for gay and lesbian users to find others on the site.

Other sites covered by the settlement include CatholicMingle.com,AdventistSinglesConnection.com and BlackSingles.com, the Journal added. According to a version of the settlement posted to the Journal's web site, Spark will pay out $9,000 to each of the plaintiffs and $450,000 in legal fees to the firm representing them.
***************************************************************************************
Ok. Meanwhile, I find issue with the catholic site and black single site cuz see, I am white but might wanna date a black guy and I am a wiccan, but am attracted to catholics. Black ones. They are DISCRIMINATING against me! I'm gonna sue and FORCE them to accept what I want even though it is clear what they cater too. It's not FAIR. *sniff*

Cake anyone?

Lol don't provide a service I want will sue. Our society has gone stupid
Needs to be appeal this judge removed from the bench.
He obviously doesn't understand that Issa done doesn't offer a service that they can't provide that service.

I guess it is time to fight back and start suing gay business that do not cater to people
Simply because they do not provide a service they want.

The fact that they target Christian business only shows. Their bigotry

Cake anyone?

Only the idiot in CA.

Cake anyone?

Good idea. I think the KKK needs to become members of BLM. LOL.

Only the idiot in CA.

That IA CA for you they should have never agreed to a settlement.
They should have fought it.
This just empowers the stupidity to continue.

This is like going to a dentist then seeing him because he refuses to operate on your appendix.

That IA CA for you they should have never agreed to a settlement.
They should have fought it.
This just empowers the stupidity to continue.

This is like going to a dentist then seeing him because he refuses to operate on your appendix.

I don't know. I just might prefer a dentist to remove my appendix over some of the doctors out there. :mrgreen:

Cake anyone?

This will probably be overturned, if the site can show they are a private members only organization, similar to the reasoning given by the SCOTUS for the Boy Scouts being allowed to determine their own membership rules.

BTW, I liked you interesting, funny, and apropos statements at the end.

I don't know. I just might prefer a dentist to remove my appendix over some of the doctors out there. :mrgreen:

I guess everyone likes to take risks.

I don't see how you can sue someone for not offering a service you want.

This will probably be overturned, if the site can show they are a private members only organization, similar to the reasoning given by the SCOTUS for the Boy Scouts being allowed to determine their own membership rules.

BTW, I liked you interesting, funny, and apropos statements at the end.

It was a settlement and they did the same thing to eharmony.

Spark will pay out $9,000 to each of the plaintiffs and $450,000 in legal fees to the firm representing them.
Good god! I wonder whether the two gay men feel more wronged by ChristianMingle or by their own lawyers.

Good god! I wonder whether the two gay men feel more wronged by ChristianMingle or by their own lawyers.

It was stupid of the company to settle. They should have fought it.

It was a settlement and they did the same thing to eharmony.

Well, private organizations aren't so private anymore - or so it would appear.

Looks like Spanky and the He-man Woman Haters Club are gonna have to let Darla join after all.

Cake anyone?

Question-

I don't know anything about the corporate layering at ChristianMingle.com so this question may be moot(2). What if ChristianMingle closed down and reformed as an umbrella corporation with subsidiaries like ChristianMingle, Gay Mingle, BlackMingle, etc.(let your conscience be your guide) packaged as separate entities. Would activist sub-groups still find cause to sue?

Good idea. I think the KKK needs to become members of BLM. LOL.

Wouldn't that be something? I'd pay to see that...and bring my own popcorn!

I guess everyone likes to take risks.

I don't see how you can sue someone for not offering a service you want.

I was being tongue-in-cheek. I disagree with the decision, but since that's the decision, there's all kinds of ways we can muck with it. :mrgreen:

Question-

I don't know anything about the corporate layering at ChristianMingle.com so this question may be moot(2). What if ChristianMingle closed down and reformed as an umbrella corporation with subsidiaries like ChristianMingle, Gay Mingle, BlackMingle, etc.(let your conscience be your guide) packaged as separate entities. Would activist sub-groups still find cause to sue?

Of course. I believe it is called GonnaSueStilecti, a disease beyond their control that is infectious.

This is ridiculous. I am all for gays being able to marry and everything else. But the website doesn't have to cater to people that it doesn't want to. Insane.

Who in their right mind would want to date somebody they met online? Meet people the safe way, at a bar or a laundromat.

You'd be surprised how many are on the prowl even on message boards for some cyber dating/sex. I've seen it in action. Not pleasant. Post to someone they are cybering with just in a friendly manner and rut roh. But the fun side is when they break up. They BOTH tell their dirty little secrets for everyone elses entertainment. :mrgreen:

Meanwhile...is there not a GayMingles website? How about some heteros suing because it's only for gays?

This is ridiculous. I am all for gays being able to marry and everything else. But the website doesn't have to cater to people that it doesn't want to. Insane.

And bakeries don't have to sell cakes either.

Who in their right mind would want to date somebody they met online?

Not I! But I do know people who met online (although none on a dating site) who have had marvelously happy real-time relationships.

This should end well.

Probably won't stick though, rather, it shouldn't!

Back
Top Bottom