• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian Military Members Persecuted

When they passed the new measures permitting gay-marriage did anyone think it was going to slide by?

A 19-year Air Force veteran who was relieved of his duties because he disagreed with his openly gay commander over gay marriage is now facing a formal investigation after he told me his story.

They're not targeting Christians - they're simply doing away with people who are overstepping the boundaries.

What - because they're religious they get a free pass to say whatever they want but everyone else isn't allowed to? I don't think so. He should have refused - or gone about the conversation with more stealth. Instead, he chose to be a martyr of sorts. :shrug: He didn't have to.

If those who persecute gay people are worried about being persecuted, perhaps they might wish to look in the mirror, eh?

If those who persecute gay people are worried about being persecuted, perhaps they might wish to look in the mirror, eh?

Yes, apparently trying to be respectful to your fellow man isn't taught in some Sunday schools. . . I emphasize the some because I know a lot of religious people don't have this issue.

When they passed the new measures permitting gay-marriage did anyone think it was going to slide by?

They're not targeting Christians - they're simply doing away with people who are overstepping the boundaries.

What - because they're religious they get a free pass to say whatever they want but everyone else isn't allowed to? I don't think so. He should have refused - or gone about the conversation with more stealth. Instead, he chose to be a martyr of sorts. :shrug: He didn't have to.

Did you read the entire article? He was asked for his view.

Talking about homosexuality being right or wrong can create a hostile working enviornment. There are subjects in the military that you just don't voice your opinions out loud over period. The military doesn't practice democracy and there are ways you are supposed to act professionally.

This person was repremanded for creating a hostile work enviornment and I would support repremanding an individual if they were to voice that homosexuality is correct. It's irrelevent and impedes the mission at hand.

Talking about homosexuality being right or wrong can create a hostile working enviornment. There are subjects in the military that you just don't voice your opinions out loud over period. The military doesn't practice democracy and there are ways you are supposed to act professionally.

This person was repremanded for creating a hostile work enviornment and I would support repremanding an individual if they were to voice that homosexuality is correct. It's irrelevent and impedes the mission at hand.

Then they shouldn't have repealed don't ask don't tell. It's a two way street.

He voiced it before that as well. He's not being repremanded for his view, he is being repremanded for voice ing his view outside the meeting.

Yes, apparently trying to be respectful to your fellow man isn't taught in some Sunday schools. . . I emphasize the some because I know a lot of religious people don't have this issue.

Evidently, they skip right over Matthew.

I've long thought that especially odd considering The Sermon on the Mount is the very first thing in the N.T.

Then they shouldn't have repealed don't ask don't tell. It's a two way street.

Sorry, but no. The same thing would happen if someone said whites shouldn't marry blacks. You should conduct yourself in a professional manner and yes that means not creating a hostile work environment.

Nobody is persecuting gays.

When you voice out loud that homosexuality is wrong, that is in fact persecuting gays. I would also say that voicing out loud that anyone who doesn't agree with gay marriage is a bigot as persectuing Christians.

Nobody is persecuting gays.

So, your dedicating the lions share of your incredibly high number of posts for such a short time is evidence of what, exactly?

Sorry, but no. The same thing would happen if someone said whites shouldn't marry blacks. You should conduct yourself in a professional manner and yes that means not creating a hostile work environment.

If I'm not mistake the article said he was asked for his view. Gays are ridiculous in these situations. Absolutely ridiculous. "Political correctness" give me a break.

So he said - which can't be verified. But, apply my answer to how he chose to respond and there you go. Did he have to actually say 'I think all the queers are going to hell?' - no, there were a lot of other options and he went with the only he KNEW would violate code.

But I see what you're trying ot suggest: that it was entrapment and he shouldn't have been fired because he was ASKED to talk about it.

Of course, this was just one situation - I note the misguiding headline trying to turn it into something it's not.

What do you think would have happened if he wasn't - let's say - religious at all? A lot of people just don't like gays :shrug: If he wasn't a Chaplain, and he said something similar, then what? Do different rules apply?

If I'm not mistake the article said he was asked for his view. Gays are ridiculous in these situations. Absolutely ridiculous. "Political correctness" give me a break.

He was asked to give his view AFTER he protested the punishment. His comments BEFOREHAND are what at hand here.

Gays? What do gays have anything to do with this? The man is being charged by the US military, our men and women in uniform, for making false statements, i.e. "lying."

Are you contending that the entire US military is gay now?

Gays? What do gays have anything to do with this? The man is being charged by the US military, our men and women in uniform, for making false statements, i.e. "lying."

Are you contending that the entire US military is gay now?

What was the false statement?

Not all Christians "persecute" gay people, but nice absurdity.

What was the false statement?
You'll have to ask the prosecutors for the specific statement, as from your source, "Last week, Monk was supposed to meet with an Air Force investigator tasked with gathering facts about the complaint. But when he arrived, Monk was immediately read his Miranda Rights and accused of providing false statements in a conversation Monk had with me."

However I am more interested in the fact that you seem to be on a "blame the gays" tack when this is the US military prosecuting him. I reiterate my question: Has the US military all turned gay so that you can now observe that 'the gays' are ridiculous? Or do you just dislike gay people and are throwing in your judgemental opinion of them?

Back
Top Bottom