• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christian Chaplain Threatend Over Pro-Christian Facebook Post

Being gay is a sin in and of itself. God didn't ordain it, didn't created it and He will punish it for all of eternity, in hell.

Then you believe God is not all knowing then?

That God was fallible when God made the universe?

These are the conditions for God not to have created homosexuality.

Considering Sodom and Gomorrah, I would say homosexuality is pretty serious.

Parading ignorance and bigotry isn't a good look. The sin of Sodom, Gomorrah and the other two towns was inhospitality, not homosexuality.

Then you believe God is not all knowing then?

That God was fallible when God made the universe?

These are the conditions for God not to have created homosexuality.

Of course God is infallible. For God to allow someone to chose evil doesn't mean He didn't know about it or that He endorsed it.

Of course God is infallible. For God to allow someone to chose evil doesn't mean He didn't know about it or that He endorsed it.

So, do you think your God knows what will happen in the future?

Of course, what do you think?

Well, then he's pretty evil for giving someone the choice, which isn't really a choice if it's going to happen, and then punishes them knowing they'd do this evil. God must have made them in such a way that they'd do something evil.

Well, then he's pretty evil for giving someone the choice, which isn't really a choice if it's going to happen, and then punishes them knowing they'd do this evil. God must have made them in such a way that they'd do something evil.

Just like you and me God allowed them to make their own choice. They, like you and me, are still responsible for the choices we make. If God had not allowed it and controlled all our actions we would be nothing bur robots, not human beings.

I am sure if God controlled all our actions, you would be complaining about that as well.

Just like you and me God allowed them to make their own choice. They, like you and me, are still responsible for the choices we make. If God had not allowed it and controlled all our actions we would be nothing bur robots, not human beings.

I am sure if God controlled all our actions, you would be complaining about that as well.

No, I likely wouldn't know if a god was controlling my actions. If a god controlled my actions and made me aware of it, while also giving me the urge to make my own choices, then yes that'd be evil. If God knows something is going to happen then we don't actually have a choice. He's just toying with us.

It's embarrassing that I laid that out...and he still thinks his position isn't invalidated.

These are a contradiction. Since you accept that God is infallible, God would know what would happen in anything it created. Therefore, it knew every detail of how homosexuality would arise in its creation. God choose not to change the creation to ensure that homosexuality would not happen. Therefore, God willingly created homosexuality when it had a clear and obvious chance to do otherwise. God may not control our actions, but that does not mean it does not know what is going to happen before it happens, or before it existed. When God knows exactly what would happen before its creates it and chooses to not change it, God created it.

The only way God did not create homosexuality is if God is fallible.

These are a contradiction. Since you accept that God is infallible, God would know what would happen in anything it created. Therefore, it knew every detail of how homosexuality would arise in its creation. God choose not to change the creation to ensure that homosexuality would not happen. Therefore, God willingly created homosexuality when it had a clear and obvious chance to do otherwise. God may not control our actions, but that does not mean it does not know what is going to happen before it happens, or before it existed. When God knows exactly what would happen before its creates it and chooses to not change it, God created it.

The only way God did not create homosexuality is if God is fallible.

You can stick with you story if you want. Chances are you will have an eternity in hell to discuss it with those who agree with you.

I'll stick with what God says in the Bible.

You can stick with you story if you want. Chances are you will have an eternity in hell to discuss it with those who agree with you.

I'll stick with what God says in the Bible.

So when faced with a theocratic problem with your reasoning, you threaten the person who points out the flaws in your thinking with eternal damnation rather than self reflect and examine your own beliefs? Really?

And people wonder why the ranks of the irreligious are increasing daily.

You just admitted that you are unable to reconcile the problems in your beliefs and you'd prefer to simply ignore them. That is a sign of a fanatic. And fanatics cannot be reasoned with as they did not reason themselves into their beliefs.

So when faced with a theocratic problem with your reasoning, you threaten the person who points out the flaws in your thinking with eternal damnation rather than self reflect and examine your own beliefs? Really?

You just admitted that you are unable to reconcile the problems in your beliefs and you'd prefer to simply ignore them. That is a sign of a fanatic. And fanatics cannot be reasoned with as they did not reason themselves into their beliefs.

No, I didn't admit your so called problems with my beliefs. I choose to believe what God said in the Bible and that seems to bother you greatly. If you are convinced you are correct it shouldn't matter what I believe or say.

According the the Bible faith is required to please God. I don't require an explanation for everything God says and does, and it doesn't require me understanding all of God's workings for me to believe what He says.

I have experienced the salvation God promises in His Word and that is enough for me.

No, I didn't admit your so called problems with my beliefs. I choose to believe what God said in the Bible and that seems to bother you greatly. If you are convinced you are correct it shouldn't matter what I believe or say.

According the the Bible faith is required to please God. I don't require an explanation for everything God says and does, and it doesn't require me understanding all of God's workings for me to believe what He says.

I have experienced the salvation God promises in His Word and that is enough for me.

Why not just admit you can't rebut his/my statements?

No, I didn't admit your so called problems with my beliefs.

You just refused to even address how they are allegedly wrong. Rather than provide a rebuttal as to why my post is wrong, you threaten me with eternal damnation.

I choose to believe what God said in the Bible and that seems to bother you greatly.

God didn't say anything about creating or not creating homosexuality in the Bible. Try again dude. For someone who claims to be a Christian, you seem ignorant about what it actually says.

If you are convinced you are correct it shouldn't matter what I believe or say.

If you think I'm so wrong, why are you completely unable to do anything but threaten me?

So, I'll take that as you have no capacity to refute anything I said.

Got it.

Why are you even on a debate forum if you are neither capable or willing to debate?

1. Can someone in the military be denied their 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Amendment Rights to free speech when they are not representing the military?

Uniformed Service Members fall under UCMJ, and do not have the right to freedom of speech.

2. In light of DOMA being struck down by the Supreme Court what happens to Christian Chaplains who support only the traditional view of marriage (between one man and one woman) and refuse to lead a same-sex “marriage” ceremony?
We'll just have to wait and see.

Jesus was likely gay. He was a Jew who never married, that's very odd. And are not gays made in the image of God? Aren't you? Does God have a penis, or a vagina, or both by the way?

No there is nothing pointing to that Jesus was gay, it wasn't rare for "holy men" to not marry at all, an entire faction the Essenes had a big chunk of them that never married, John the baptist never married, as far as we know Paul wasn't married (perhaps he was a widower), many of Jesus' disciples did marry, but it isn't insane that Jesus, being a prophet, didn't, many prophets didn't.

I get why you're saying that, just to be shocking, but it has no basis in history.

Considering Sodom and Gomorrah, I would say homosexuality is pretty serious.

Homosexuality wasn't the main reason they were destroyed, Ezekiel 16:49,50.

Back
Top Bottom