• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Wallace will interview President Obama on 'Fox News Sunday'

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Chris Wallace will interview President Obama on 'Fox News Sunday' - LA Times

President Obama is booked to make his first appearance on "Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace" since 2008.
Obama has not been on the public affairs program since he first entered the Oval Office in 2009. He was still in the U.S. Senate when he last appeared.

In a statement, Fox News said the interview is to take place this week at the University of Chicago, and will cover his Supreme Court nomination, the 2016 election and Obama’s presidential legacy.

The interview will air Sunday on Fox News at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. PDT, and at various times on Fox affiliate stations………….

What a great venue to lay Mr. Trump low before the nation …………. and “tell it like it is” …… if I can borrow a phrase ………….

And I bet his job approval rate will go up another two points...........

Chris Wallace is one of the best, polite, but toughest interviewers out there. Kudos to Obama.

President Obama is booked to make his first appearance on "Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace" since 2008.
Obama has not been on the public affairs program since he first entered the Oval Office in 2009. He was still in the U.S. Senate when he last appeared.

In a statement, Fox News said the interview is to take place this week at the University of Chicago, and will cover his Supreme Court nomination, the 2016 election and Obama’s presidential legacy.

The interview will air Sunday on Fox News at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. PDT, and at various times on Fox affiliate stations………….

What a great venue to lay Mr. Trump low before the nation …………. and “tell it like it is” …… if I can borrow a phrase ………….

What does interviewing Obama have to do with Trump?

Which one is Chris Wallace? Not the "thrill up my leg" guy, right?

Chris Wallace is one of the best, polite, but toughest interviewers out there. Kudos to Obama.

At least there's be some substantive questions posed, as opposed to all the Lame Stream Media adulation interviews he typically gets.
Just have to view 60 minutes' Steve Kroft's love-in interview with Obama and Clinton. Just about made me puke.

My bad. I read way too fast and pictured Matthews instead of Wallace.

LOL

As is usually the case, calculated and planned. Strategically he is laying the groundwork for his SCOTUS appointment and the fact he's willing to go further than he did in selling Obamacare says a lot.

By arguing for his nominee, he can continue to paint the Republicans as obstructionist and leave the viewer wondering about the alternative. left to the likes of Trump, that appointment now becomes crucial. I would say he's doing this, potentially exposing weakness with Wallace, because he knows hew can pull it off. If there is one positive Obama has shown it is that he's very cool under pressure.

Thus, by making this appearance he can make Trump look reckless by comparison, which won't be at all hard since Trump already IS boneheaded reckless

As is usually the case, calculated and planned. Strategically he is laying the groundwork for his SCOTUS appointment and the fact he's willing to go further than he did in selling Obamacare says a lot.

By arguing for his nominee, he can continue to paint the Republicans as obstructionist and leave the viewer wondering about the alternative. left to the likes of Trump, that appointment now becomes crucial. I would say he's doing this, potentially exposing weakness with Wallace, because he knows hew can pull it off. If there is one positive Obama has shown it is that he's very cool under pressure.

Thus, by making this appearance he can make Trump look reckless by comparison, which won't be at all hard since Trump already IS boneheaded reckless

Well done.............Insightful if I might add.........

No, I, uh, can't stand to, uh, really listen, uh, to Obama, uh, for a long time.

Don't clutter your mind with newsworthy current affairs..............That's the ticket............

Well done.............Insightful if I might add.........

We must all also realize that the result of this interview will be one to three sound bites carefully placed in his replies, sound bites on which the under-informed voter will make their decisions.

Obama, for all his faults, is THE grand master of oratory and influence. From his first speech to the Democratic convention in 2000 he has shown an uncanny, if not eerie ability to stir the voter. He is certainly THE match for Trump, although I doubt Obama will be stupid enough to take him on directly. If he does his own position at the top prevents him from responding to whatever classless **** Trump throws out.

I am looking forward to seeing the performance.,

We must all also realize that the result of this interview will be one to three sound bites carefully placed in his replies, sound bites on which the under-informed voter will make their decisions.

Obama, for all his faults, is THE grand master of oratory and influence. From his first speech to the Democratic convention in 2000 he has shown an uncanny, if not eerie ability to stir the voter. He is certainly THE match for Trump, although I doubt Obama will be stupid enough to take him on directly. If he does his own position at the top prevents him from responding to whatever classless **** Trump throws out.

....as am I......

However those "low information Faux devotees are unable to hear anything challenging their belief system.......... their mind freezes up from the cognitive dissonance by anything challenging their belief system............

It doesn't compute.......

I would be more interested in seeing Wallace interview Hillary. Obama is irrelevant at this point. As for 'laying Trump low before the nation,' you are dreaming. Nothing would help Trump more than Obama taking him on. You clearly don't understand Trumps appeal or how politics works. Perhaps George W Bush will do an interview with Matthews and 'lay Hillary low before the nation.' That should convince her liberal supporters to drop her right?

I remember when Chris Wallace interviewed Bill Clinton. He really pissed him off. Bill said something about "the smirk" on Wallace's face.

Of course Obama will paint conservatives in a negative light. He will also attempt to make himself to look as good as possible.

He will probably need Candy Crowley's help again to fend off another republican truth attack.

I would be more interested in seeing Wallace interview Hillary. Obama is irrelevant at this point. As for 'laying Trump low before the nation,' you are dreaming. Nothing would help Trump more than Obama taking him on. You clearly don't understand Trumps appeal or how politics works. Perhaps George W Bush will do an interview with Matthews and 'lay Hillary low before the nation.' That should convince her liberal supporters to drop her right?

Ya really think so...............

as they say..........

Hope springs eternal...........

That's ultra-mouthfoamer Chris Matthews.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I always watch his show on Sundays. He's the best of the best. I look forward to Obama's interview with him.

No, that's MSNBC's "Mr. Tingles", a/k/a Chris Matthews. Wallace is the son of 60 Minutes host Mike Wallace. Chris Wallace is awesome. Very fair. Pretty moderate.

Exactly!

When a siting President declares a candidate as unworthy of the office, any direct dialogue with the candidate would risk elevating the candidate to the Presidential level.

I wouldn't doubt there's some animosity on Obama's part in relation to Trump too, due to Trump's birth certificate nonsense. I was disappointed when the President addressed Trump then tine by releasing his birth certificate, since I felt that would elevate and emboldened Trump & the GOP, and subsequently Trump did indeed start beating the bandwagon for Obama's university transcripts! Also note well, the GOP establishment relished in their delight of Trump playing this birth certificate nonsense against the President, but now they seem to think Mr. Trump is a bit loose! I wonder what changed their minds?

No, that's MSNBC's "Mr. Tingles", a/k/a Chris Matthews. Wallace is the son of 60 Minutes host Mike Wallace. Chris Wallace is awesome. Very fair. Pretty moderate.
I wasn't aware of this!

But I suppose I should've been able to figure it out. :doh

....as am I......

However those "low information Faux devotees are unable to hear anything challenging their belief system.......... their mind freezes up from the cognitive dissonance by anything challenging their belief system............

It doesn't compute.......

Oh my. What an overly broad liberal brush you are using.
What a terribly conservative thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom