• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Wallace to Trump: You’re seen around the world as a 'beacon for repression'

No other President has been attacked...mostly falsly...by the press.

If the media doesn't like being called out by Trump, they are welcome to become professional journalists again.
That's wrong from both ends.

Other (in fact all, I expect) presidents have been attacked by media organizations, and I don't doubt all have been attacked falsely on occasion.

From the other end, the "attacks" on Trump are not mostly false, nor mostly attacks - saying "you shouldn't do that because it's wrong" isn't an attack, it's defense of the country.
The russia thing might be a bit overhyped, because these days the media is large for-profit corporations who make money by drawing attention.

Even if they focus too much on Trump, that doesn't mean they're wrong about him.

Is that why a number of states earlier this month, who have Republican legislatures who refused to expand Medicaid, passed by referendum to expand Medicaid? Is that why dozens of Republican Congresspeople lost their jobs because of their stance against Obamacare?

69 seats were lost because of Obamacare.

The problem is that President Trump is thin skinned. Here is an idea:Stop demonizing all who disagree with you.

Looks like democrats and the media are the ones always bit ching , so who has thin skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallace did just like all Trump hating media, Trump said FAKE news is the enemy, if you aren’t fake then there’s no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Trump and his Cult, truth is the enemy

That's wrong from both ends.

Other (in fact all, I expect) presidents have been attacked by media organizations, and I don't doubt all have been attacked falsely on occasion.

From the other end, the "attacks" on Trump are not mostly false, nor mostly attacks - saying "you shouldn't do that because it's wrong" isn't an attack, it's defense of the country.
The russia thing might be a bit overhyped, because these days the media is large for-profit corporations who make money by drawing attention.

Even if they focus too much on Trump, that doesn't mean they're wrong about him.

I should have said, "to the extent that Trump has been attacked". My bad.

But tell me...how many of those "unnamed sources" have turned out to be right? Hmmm? The press trots out some nonsense from unnamed sources...attack the President with nonsense...and then move on. Nobody ever finds out who the sources are and when the nonsense doesn't pan out, they don't mention it again.

That's the false stuff I'm talking about. The media didn't do that to any other President...at least, not to the extent they are doing it with Trump.

Face it...we've been seeing a media hit job campaign on Trump from day one and they just keep on going.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...n-around-the-world-as-a-beacon-for-repression

Mr. Wallace, on the money
Like Father like Son
Now cue the Trump supporters.
How many posts before we see Chris Wallace is a closet Democrat? He is, but has voted for both Parties
He moderated 3 Republican debates
The press coverage imbalance started early and has continued since.
The difference perceived in press coverage between Trump and our previous President, for example, should be obvious even to Obama supporters like yourself.
And the difference is not because you perceived "They deserved what they got" ... it's because "You liked it what they got".

The press coverage imbalance started early and has continued since.
The difference perceived in press coverage between Trump and our previous President, for example, should be obvious even to Obama supporters like yourself.
And the difference is not because you perceived "They deserved what they got" ... it's because "You liked it what they got".

Thing is I was a McCain supporter.

Not for me.

I'm sorry your thread isn't going the way you planned. Anyone one the Right attacked the venerable Chris Wallace yet?

Didn't think so.

Oh well. Ta.

Actually, no Chris, a lot of people don't have a problem with Trump taking on the press. It's ridiculous statements like this, assuming the whole world is on the press's side and against Trump that make if refreshing and even funny at times when Trump does take on the press. The press is very powerful and constantly using political angles to shape public figures how they want them to be seen rather than simply showing them for exactly who they are, so when good, the press are awesome, when bad, the press are the enemy of the people.

The problem is that President Trump is thin skinned. Here is an idea:Stop demonizing all who disagree with you.

It is not as if he has a monopoly on that. I see ten times the amount of vitriol coming from the MSM and the left towards the president and conservatives, in general, than the other way around.

I should have said, "to the extent that Trump has been attacked". My bad.

But tell me...how many of those "unnamed sources" have turned out to be right? Hmmm? The press trots out some nonsense from unnamed sources...attack the President with nonsense...and then move on. Nobody ever finds out who the sources are and when the nonsense doesn't pan out, they don't mention it again.

That's the false stuff I'm talking about. The media didn't do that to any other President...at least, not to the extent they are doing it with Trump.

Face it...we've been seeing a media hit job campaign on Trump from day one and they just keep on going.
The issue isn't unnamed sources, so much as lack of double-checking because clicks mean more money than faulty reporting loses.

It's not just against Trump either, nor is it pro-left.

The media defends the establishment, the powers that be, because they are part of it.

This means attacking Trump, the far right (although not all of the media, anymore), and the left - depending on the media organization in question, the cutoff before an attack piece goes out may be further left, but if you're far enough left you WILL get attacked.

Thus what may be a false accusation against Avenatti.
Thus false attacks on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Etc.

Edit: tl;dr, it's not about who you are, it's about what will make money, and Trump gets them ratings which makes them advertising money.

Speaking of which, press coverage is effectively an in-kind contribution to a political campaign.
So while Trump had less money in his 2016 campaign, he had far more press coverage, for free.

Last edited:
Actually, no Chris, a lot of people don't have a problem with Trump taking on the press. It's ridiculous statements like this, assuming the whole world is on the press's side and against Trump that make if refreshing and even funny at times when Trump does take on the press. The press is very powerful and constantly using political angles to shape public figures how they want them to be seen rather than simply showing them for exactly who they are, so when good, the press are awesome, when bad, the press are the enemy of the people.

How they want them?

How is it all the worlds press has the same agenda?

It's mind blowing, the garbage you read on the internet.

Where is the simple logic in thought?

If the media doesn't like being called out by Trump, they are welcome to become professional journalists again.

Satire I hope

The issue isn't unnamed sources, so much as lack of double-checking because clicks mean more money than faulty reporting loses.

It's not just against Trump either, nor is it pro-left.

The media defends the establishment, the powers that be, because they are part of it.

This means attacking Trump, the far right (although not all of the media, anymore), and the left - depending on the media organization in question, the cutoff before an attack piece goes out may be further left, but if you're far enough left you WILL get attacked.

Thus what may be a false accusation against Avenatti.
Thus false attacks on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Etc.

Edit: tl;dr, it's not about who you are, it's about what will make money, and Trump gets them ratings which makes them advertising money.

Speaking of which, press coverage is effectively an in-kind contribution to a political campaign.
So while Trump had less money in his 2016 campaign, he had far more press coverage, for free.

Sorry. I don't buy your excuse that it's all about money.

It's about "get Trump".

I just love how the Trump haters conveniently forget how not transparent Obama was and how he weaponized his DOJ to attack journalists and their sources. Not to mention saying just as bad things about FOX and freezing them out. Obama's WH loathed FOX.

The old deflect to Obama card!

Watch the usual crowd call :bs.
They are like the media... anything Trump says is bad, anything their biased, slanted, predominately leftist media says is good.

I have no problem with Chris Wallace, he's entitled to his personal views, but let's get honest here, he's a conservative but he has always reported like a never-Trumper, and does not even care about hiding his bias.

Spoken like a true Trump supporter. That should help you sleep

Get over yourself. People have a right to be Trump supporters.
This is our country, not yours....

The old deflect to Obama card!

Why shouldn't it be pointed out that Obama hated FOX, his WH hated FOX and he weaponized his DOJ to spy on James Rosen? I realize that puts a damper on the Left's constant attacks on Trump when it comes to his dislike of fake news, but he's given more access than Obama and been more fair.
That's what its supposed to do; point out your hypocrisy and never-ending need to maintain your messianic regard for Obama.

Back
Top Bottom