• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Wallace to get new show on CNN (Sunday Nights)

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I expect that this news will trigger many Trumplicans but say what you will, Wallace is a very good interviewer.

News of plans for Wallace’s show was first reported by Axios, which noted executives from CNN’s new parent company, Warner Bros. Discovery, would announce the move during the company’s “upfront” presentation to advertisers on Wednesday.

“Part of the CNN brand is respectful, authentic and impactful interviews and one of the best interviewers in the business is Chris Wallace,” Licht said in an announcement sent by the network during Wednesday’s upfront presentation. “Chris and his team developed an engaging and compelling program that we’re excited to bring to HBO Max and include in our CNN Sunday evening programming.”

I expect that this news will trigger many Trumplicans but say what you will, Wallace is a very good interviewer.

News of plans for Wallace’s show was first reported by Axios, which noted executives from CNN’s new parent company, Warner Bros. Discovery, would announce the move during the company’s “upfront” presentation to advertisers on Wednesday.

“Part of the CNN brand is respectful, authentic and impactful interviews and one of the best interviewers in the business is Chris Wallace,” Licht said in an announcement sent by the network during Wednesday’s upfront presentation. “Chris and his team developed an engaging and compelling program that we’re excited to bring to HBO Max and include in our CNN Sunday evening programming.”
Sounds like it would be a good fit for him.

I'd rather see him in prime time. Happily see him rep!ace Erin Burnett. However, I think he wants more of a "60 minutes" type slot not a weekday show.
while he's no mike wallace of 60 minutes fame, he is quite decent

what is it about erin burnett that does not appeal to you?

while he's no mike wallace of 60 minutes fame, he is quite decent

what is it about erin burnett that does not appeal to you?
I don't like or dislike her per se. I would just prefer to see an in depth interview show in that slot instead of an extension of the news day type shows. By then I'm ready for something else.

I'd watch him, at least once in a while.

Can't abide the man! However, a 10:00PM weekday time slot is not something Wallace suits.
My gut suggests that we may find C. Wallace anytime between 7pm - 9pm on Sundays.

I'd watch him, at least once in a while.
Yes and depending on his guests that he interviews, some can turn out pretty fiery. I hope he draws in a few Trumplicans and a possible Pence. I think Pence would be too afraid to take on Wallace.

My gut suggests that we may find C. Wallace anytime between 7pm - 9pm on Sundays.
That would be a show in a time slot I would watch......

I take it, he’ leaving the Fox 🦊 (small n) news channel.

Talk about "Beavis and Butthead"....:rolleyes:
B/B are like Abbott & Costello (DeSSantis)
Abbott Labs here in IL helped sabotage baby formula.
Big Oil (Big Business) Same Sabotage

I've been saying for a long time Chris belongs on CNN and now he is. Good fit.

HGTV approached Chris for a House Hunters appearance and if he came off well maybe something on the new Senate Searchers in planning by Warner Bros. for HGTV.
Lucky for Chris CNN felt obliged to try to salvage Chris' career.
Whew.
Hope that HGTV gig stays open.

So whos up for seizing some trump hotels?

That depends on what you want out of an interview. Wallace is talented, however it is also a narcissist.He will annoyingly ask the same question as many as 6 times if he does not like the answer. That may be a positive if he was a prosecuting or defense attorney in a trial setting, however it's not a positive for respectful interviews.
“Part of the CNN brand is respectful,
Which part????

That depends on what you want out of an interview. Wallace is talented, however it is also a narcissist.He will annoyingly ask the same question as many as 6 times if he does not like the answer. That may be a positive if he was a prosecuting or defense attorney in a trial setting, however it's not a positive for respectful interviews.
Find me anyone in the news biz who isn't a bit of a narcissist. Don't mistaken aggressive reporting over narcissism though. One has to be bold to be effective.

Which part????
You'll need to contact the author and ask him that question. Here's his email addy: info@dominickmastrangelo.com

Back
Top Bottom