• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Matthews: Trump Jr., Ivanka ‘stand as the next dominoes to fall’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...-jr-ivanka-stand-as-the-next-dominoes-to-fall

MSNBC host Chris Matthews said Monday that Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump could be "the next dominoes to fall" in special counsel Robert Mueller's ongoing investigation.

"The president’s children stand right in the line of Mueller’s investigative progress," Matthews said on "Hardball." "They stand as the next dominoes to fall."
==========================================
One problem: they can't be expected to testify against their father, as Melanoma can't be made to testify against her filandering husband.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...-jr-ivanka-stand-as-the-next-dominoes-to-fall

MSNBC host Chris Matthews said Monday that Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump could be "the next dominoes to fall" in special counsel Robert Mueller's ongoing investigation.

"The president’s children stand right in the line of Mueller’s investigative progress," Matthews said on "Hardball." "They stand as the next dominoes to fall."
One problem: they can't be expected to testify against their father, as Melanoma can't be made to testify against her filandering husband.

That is not the point, the point is to hurt them and to hurt Trump....this is political agenda not justice.

That is not the point, the point is to hurt them and to hurt Trump....this is political agenda not justice.

Mueller must be dealt with. He is not above the law.

Logically, since Mueller can't subpoena Trump, he has to find the best ways to apply pressure. The family, perhaps a crime family, is unquestionably the weak link. He wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't follwo through.
/

He is carrying out the will of power, there is no reason to do anything to him.

You seem to not understand how corrupt this nation is now.

THE HATCHET MAN knows well that his job is.

Mueller - a republican - served under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, dubya and Obama. He has impeccable credentials. If the trumps have nothing to hide they should be co-operating with Mueller. Wouldn't it be great for trump to wipe the smile off all his opponents faces by testifying and proving to the world that he has done NOTHING WRONG?

Instead he just tweets and rants about how mean Mueller is and that this whole investigation is just a 'witch hunt'.

Do you know what was a witch hunt? Investigating Bill Clinton for having a blow job and investigating Hillary for frigging emails and that Benghazi fiasco.
But I cannot recall either Bill or Hillary having tantrums or calling the investigations 'witch hunts' EVERY FRIGGING DAY!!!

Funny. trump - and the trumpsters - think trump is above the law. They have allowed him to urinate all over the US constitution and they don't care how much damage he has done and is doing.

Brazil and South Korea imprisoned their presidents for alleged corruption. It is time the USA did the same to this crooked president. LOCK HIM UP. LOCK HIM UP.

Personally, I think Ivanka would look HOT in an orange jumpsuit.

I can just see Hannibal Lecter sniffing the air as she walks past the seclusion pod.

View attachment 67246283

Mueller - a republican - served under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, dubya and Obama. He has impeccable credentials. If the trumps have nothing to hide they should be co-operating with Mueller. Wouldn't it be great for trump to wipe the smile off all his opponents faces by testifying and proving to the world that he has done NOTHING WRONG?

Instead he just tweets and rants about how mean Mueller is and that this whole investigation is just a 'witch hunt'.

Do you know what was a witch hunt? Investigating Bill Clinton for having a blow job and investigating Hillary for frigging emails and that Benghazi fiasco.
But I cannot recall either Bill or Hillary having tantrums or calling the investigations 'witch hunts' EVERY FRIGGING DAY!!!

Our government is littered with pedophiles. There is a massive child sex ring right under our eyes. Don't believe me? Anthony Weiner, Barney Frank, Dennis Hastert, the Podesta's.... you think that's it? That's just the tip of the iceberg. There is a giant pedophile ring . Powerful people in the government take innocent children in disguise as social workers and government officials... where do you think they are going??

You don't think this kind of stuff happens? Jerry Sandusky was raping 8-year old kids in bathrooms. It is sick. He took in underprivileged children that he knew wouldn't talk and abused and raped them... this didn't end with Sandusky.... So you are wrong hawk, I know exactly how corrupt and evil the government is.

Any crimes they may have partaken in should be over looked? Is that what you're saying?

Could be, or maybe Roger Stone. It's highly speculative at this point. This is, of course, assuming that they broke laws.

You do realize Trump put his own family, into supposedly important positions in the White House, right? I mean, straight up nepotism, you do understand this?
That his adult children, are engaged in international affairs on behalf of the U.S. government?

Are you aware that family ties being greater than Nation, are maybe just one of the reasons nepotism is frowned upon? And here you are, acting like it's the best thing in the third world country you apparently want to live in?

Our government is littered with pedophiles. There is a massive child sex ring right under our eyes. Don't believe me? Anthony Weiner, Barney Frank, Dennis Hastert, the Podesta's.... you think that's it? That's just the tip of the iceberg. There is a giant pedophile ring . Powerful people in the government take innocent children in disguise as social workers and government officials... where do you think they are going??

You don't think this kind of stuff happens? Jerry Sandusky was raping 8-year old kids in bathrooms. It is sick. He took in underprivileged children that he knew wouldn't talk and abused and raped them... this didn't end with Sandusky.... So you are wrong hawk, I know exactly how corrupt and evil the government is.

None of that has anything to do with the information in the OP.

Mueller, is a Republican with an impeccable record of public service. He was appointed as the special counsel by a Republican, Rod Rosenstein. He's looking into "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government" and people in Trump's campaign. He can look into crimes/criminal activity that arise from this investigation as well.

The point is not to hurt the Trumps. It's a criminal investigation and we can look at the number of indictments and those pleading guilty and surmise, Mueller has found criminal activity. If Trump's kids were involved in any crimes that Mueller came across during his investigation, they will be facing the same as the rest.

Unless you too are saying Mueller should overlook any crimes they may have committed. I don't know why you would though.

Some of them might even be sheep shaggers! Or Furries...or...or...

:shock:

He is carrying out the will of power, there is no reason to do anything to him.

You seem to not understand how corrupt this nation is now.

THE HATCHET MAN knows well that his job is.

How did Obama survive with a Republican House and Senate? We saw none of this. It's simple. Don't lie and cheat and break the law.

The corruption is Donald Trump and his entire family. How can you be blind to that? Jared is taking loans from Qatar. The Saudis are funneling money to Trump hotels. Corruption has exploded under Trump. Wake up!

Not that I am saying I think it would happen, but as far as I know adult children CAN be compelled to testify against a parent. I think the spousal relationship is the only familial one protected by privilege.

A parent can also be compelled to testify against one’s child, which just strikes me as wrong. I feel like the parent child relationship should be even more entitled to privilege than the spousal one.

And don't let any of these folk tell you that they also deplored the Real Estate (Whitewater) --> Sex stuff (Beej/harassment/etc) --> Obstruction (lying about the previous under oath) routine. They can't go back in time and pay for saying that now, after all. They're just saying it. And DP wasn't around then, was it? So who knows.

What we do know is that this invesigation is broad, far broader than "collusion":

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. s. 600.4(a).

Let us also bear in mind that that immediately cited provision requires in part any special counsel to look into "federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses", but another provision in the CFR grants all special counsels the full authority of a U.S. Attorney. There are yet others. You've got to be able to look up the CFR in multiple publicly accessed areas.

At any rate, I do find it strange that so many witches are pleading guilty to witchcraft in America these days. I mean, it's not one of those countries with all the "criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc."

The only things leaking out from Mueller's democrat camp are charges against those people caught up in matters unrelated to Trump and innuendo, rumors, and speculations about what else the devil might be hiding on Trump. Two years of speculation and innuendo has been a bonanza for the leftist news media who thrive on innuendo, rumors, assumptions, guesses, theories and speculations backed solidly only by unnamed sources of dubious credibility.

When I hear Chris Matthews mentioned all I can think of is his comment about Obama....

I have to tell you, you know, it’s part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. :peace

Chris is a partisan bozo just running his mouth to slander Trump's kids. Get Trump how ever.... that is what is going on here! More ridiculous posting.

You dont remember Hillary's legendary tantrums over their treatment by Republicans?

See how once again you turn up not in the know?

You do realize Trump put his own family, into supposedly important positions in the White House, right? I mean, straight up nepotism, you do understand this?
That his adult children, are engaged in international affairs on behalf of the U.S. government?

Are you aware that family ties being greater than Nation, are maybe just one of the reasons nepotism is frowned upon? And here you are, acting like it's the best thing in the third world country you apparently want to live in?

Nepotism is neither a problem here in my opinion, nor the reason that Trumps family needs to be hurt. They need to be hurt to send a message that no one had better ever do again what Trump has done.....Seek to sit in the POTUS Chair without approval from the elite who run this country.....Your owners as Carlin called them.

Last edited:
Then, what are you saying?

It is like when a women tells me that she has been sexually assaulted.....that label has been so overused that it means nothing more than something happened that she did not like at some point maybe when it happened or maybe years later who knows (Or maybe she is lying, we are colossal liars now...WE USED TO BE BETTER)....I need to hear more before I can decide if I care, I need to have some understanding of what happened and the circumstances around it.

There are so many laws now and so many badly written laws now and so many abusive DA's now and so many judges that do a poor job now and this society is now so corrupt and this government is now so corrupt and abusive that telling me that so and so broke the law does nothing for me, it tells me only that power came for so and so.

I need to hear more, maybe a lot more, and then I will get back to you on whether I care.

I might care because I decide that my government has abused another citizen.

Back
Top Bottom