• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Matthews: 'Rise Of The New Right' Special Will 'Scare The Heck Out' Of Liberals

ADK_Forever

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
MSNBC host Chris Matthews says he is sure his new special, "Rise of the New Right" — which airs tonight at 7PM — will stir people up, no matter where they fall on the political spectrum.

"I think that the left will say this scares the heck out of me, people in the middle will say this is amazing, and people on the right will be cheering for all I know," he said in an interview with HuffPost Tuesday.

The documentary examines the rise of the Tea Party movement and various right-wing militias that have formed in the wake of the 2008 election of President Obama. Matthews said the disparate people and groups profiled in the special share a fear of the power of the American government.

"There's a similar message," he said. "This government's a tyranny and it has to be, if not overthrown, then something like it. They treat the American government like a foreign occupying force."

He pointed to the right's use of the "Don't Tread On Me" flag — originally flown to protest the British during the American Revolution — as an example of the way it views the current administration as an occupying power.

"They've taken the flag of nationalism and turned it into a flag of revolution," he said.

The hour-long special includes interviews with a host of prominent figures on the right, including Dick Armey, the former House Majority Leader whose organization, FreedomWorks, is a major player in the Tea Party movement; "birther" advocate Orly Taitz; Senate candidate Rand Paul and Internet radio host Alex Jones.
Chris Matthews: 'Rise Of The New Right' Special Will 'Scare The Heck Out' Of Liberals (VIDEO)

TiVo this. It looks to be very interesting.

Re: Chris Matthews: 'Rise Of The New Right' Special Will 'Scare The Heck Out' Of Libe

Wow. Prepare for the most biased bucket of puke you've ever witnessed.

I'll watch this in a haz-mat uniform.

Re: Chris Matthews: 'Rise Of The New Right' Special Will 'Scare The Heck Out' Of Libe

Indeed. The return of the Birchers from the 50s [Eisenhower was a communist plant by their lights] and civilian militias [one step from armed insurrection to listen to them] from the 90s are unwelcome developments of late. We really thought we were finally past this crap.

Whenever you see movement to the left, you will also see equal movement to the right by an opposing force. It's nothing new at all. It's normal ebb and flow, and is a natural phenomenon.

Sounds interesting. I'll tune in.

Whenever you see movement to the left, you will also see equal movement to the right by an opposing force. It's nothing new at all. It's normal ebb and flow, and is a natural phenomenon.

Exactly, thank you.

This is just leftist scarism to sell advertising time. :)

Exactly, thank you.

This is just leftist scarism to sell advertising time. :)

Do you think you would not learn anything from watching?

Phew, for a while there I was getting to think the Right was going to totally take over the "THE OTHER SIDE WANTS TO DESTROY EVERYTHING" market. They've really been gobbling up the market share.

Do you think you would not learn anything from watching?

A good rule of thumb is that if someone is "learning" anything from hour-long specials on cable news channels, that person missed out on real learning at some other point in his life.

Last edited:

A good rule of thumb is that if someone is "learning" anything from hour-long specials on cable news channels, that person missed out on real learning at some other point in his life.

Don't you think that's a bit ridiculoud? We may have learned a political or historical point somewhere along our school careers but, can you say you remember every lesson you ever learned in school? And it's very hard to keep up on all current events when you have that thing called "life" to live.

Let me put it this way. the fact that Matthews thinks that the "don't tread on me" flag is a flag of nationalism, instead of revolution is extremely indicative of the level of intellectual rigor I expect from the rest of his 'special'.

Don't you think that's a bit ridiculoud? We may have learned a political or historical point somewhere along our school careers but, can you say you remember every lesson you ever learned in school? And it's very hard to keep up on all current events when you have that thing called "life" to live.

I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that there's almost no chance that a cable news "special" on politics is going to teach me anything I don't already know or couldn't learn in 3 minutes on google.

But hey, if you really think cable news is informative, I'm sure you'll be excited to know that there are a whole bunch of Glenn Beck specials still available online.

Let me know what you learn from them.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Chris Matthews is an ass clown and I use the term exclusively. He's the ass clown, he's worse than Beck.

Last edited:

But hey, if you really think cable news is informative, I'm sure you'll be excited to know that there are a whole bunch of Glenn Beck specials still available online.

Let me know what you learn from them.

That Beck is an idiot :2razz:

Anyways, the special was interesting, but nothing I didn't already know.

What Matthews did to Hillary Clinton might deserve lynching, in and of itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zODHaIDfPXU

Then we could talk about the "leg tingle" or Obama's speeches (you think I like them? you haven't seen anything until you've seen MSNBC cheerlead them).

Or we could do the "Clinton is like Lazarus, rising from the grave. Look at him, he's gorgeous!" that occured after Clinton's surgery (post-office).

He's an in-the-closet, sexist , little commie piggie. More so than Beck is a creepy, ice-cream truck driving, thumping fascist.

That's journalism? Don't yank my chain.

Last edited:

Actully Mr mathews is the liberal version of Glenn Beck in my own oppion they are both idtos

What Matthews did to Hillary Clinton might deserve lynching, in and of itself.

YouTube - Chris Matthews on Hillary Clinton's Political Career

Then we could talk about the "leg tingle" or Obama's speeches (you think I like them? you haven't seen anything until you've seen MSNBC cheerlead them).

Or we could do the "Clinton is like Lazarus, rising from the grave. Look at him, he's gorgeous!" that occured after Clinton's surgery (post-office).

That's journalism? Don't yank my chain.

He carried on his crusade against Clinton for a few months. What made it amusing is that at times it became clear that his anger was more at Bill than Hillary.

Actully Mr mathews is the liberal version of Glenn Beck in my own oppion they are both idtos

Matthews at least gives those who disagree with him a chance to present their views.

Matthews loves Mr. Clinton to a disturbing degree (not because it's gay, but because it is insanely obsessive and dogmatic). If he was mad, it was because Lazarus' godly shine was not bright enough. Perhaps he thought the 'dirty pathetic whore' had ruined it.

Matthews at least gives those who disagree with him a chance to present their views.

One cannot possibly believe that. I feel old.

Last edited:

Matthews loves Mr. Clinton to a disturbing degree. If he was mad, it was because Lazarus' godly shine was not bright enough. Perhaps he thought the 'dirty pathetic whore' had ruined it.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

I might come to like you after all. :mrgreen:

The fact that he cited Alex Jones as part of "the New Right" says everything that needs to be said.

I might come to like you after all. :mrgreen:

Abandon 'relative morality' and we're fine.

The fact that he cited Alex Jones as part of "the New Right" says everything that needs to be said.

OMG- yikes! You're right.

"I think that the left will say "this scares the heck out of me..."

It must be an eye opening segment, because this is obviously very hard to do.

/sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom