• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Matthews caught on camera commenting on Melania Trump's 'runway walk'

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Chris Matthews caught on camera commenting on Melania Trump's 'runway walk' | Fox News

Matthews, who did not realize his mic was on was caught saying, "Did you see her walk? Runway walk. My God, is that good" while covering the Indiana primary for the network.

His co-host, Brian Williams, noticed Matthews' comments that were clearly meant to be private, cut to a commercial break.

He continued, " I could watch that runway show."

This isn't the first time Matthews has been accused of making sexist comments. In 2011, he said Sarah Palin "could not be hotter as a candidate."

In 2008 he implied that Hillary Clinton is successful only because her husband "messed around."

In 2007, he had an awkward encounter with CNN's Erin Burnett.

"Could you get a little closer to the camera? Come on in closer. No, come in — come in further — come in closer. Really close,” Matthews said. "Just kidding! You look great! Anyway, thanks. Erin, it’s great to–look at that look! You’re great. You’re beautiful. I’m just kidding. I’m just kidding. You’re a knockout. Anyway, thank you, Erin Burnett. It’s all right getting bad news from you, even, OK? Thanks for coming on ‘Hardball.'"

The god of MSNBC in full lather....again.

Does his leg always tingle?

The only ones left watching MSNBC are Republicans looking to boost there blood pressure. Notice the silence? Take a hint

Proves he's not gay at least.

And man...she is a hottie.

Each to his/her own...but not to me.

She used to be a hottie and she still has a great figure (for her age especially).

But her face, as she ages, just does not do it for me...too masculine looking.

melania-trump-attends-the-all-star-celebrity-apprentice-finale-at-picture-id169093510

Now Ivanka Trump...there is a beauty (not that Donald can date her).

If I could choose between these two for a trophy wife, I would pick Ivanka in a millisecond.

But again, each to their own.

personality-ivanka-trump-attends-the-all-star-celebrity-apprentice-picture-id169093520

LOL..didn't he (Trump) once say something about her figure? His daughter's I mean? Crazy bastard.

Matthews is a sexist piece of ****.

Well, you can count me as a Chris Mathews fan - I do like the guy; I DVR his weekday 'Hardball' show, and watch it most nights.

I drifted away from MSNBC the last few years as they just went down the tubes with more & more partisan commentary from hosts I cannot relate to or respect, as the drifted away from hard & serious political news (Al Sharpton??? Melissa Harris??? Really???). But now, I'm happy to say their recent shake-up & make-over has been positive, and their live primary day coverage has been pretty darn good. I'm hoping they'll continue to improve their daytime & evening coverage to the level of 'Morning Joe', which I think is one of the best things on (political) television.

So what's with the amateur idiotic move here, by Mathews? Anytime anyone's on a set they've go to assume all mics are live, in terms of private or personal discussion; he knows this!

Oh well, I think he's an excellent interviewer, great for putting B.S. artists on the spot, and he can go toe-to-toe with anyone (N.B. Trumps abortion comment with him just prior to WI). So, I'll take the good with the bad. But locker-room talk should be kept in the locker-room - if at all!

Last edited:
Yeah, he got caught on a hot mic...and you really think this is any different from what Faux News idiots have been caught doing over the years?

I actually don't mind the comments. He is just saying what many guys were thinking. Sure, a republican would have been crucified for doing that, but I don't have a problem with it.

Shows good taste..

She used to be a hottie and she still has a great figure (for her age especially).

melania-trump-attends-the-all-star-celebrity-apprentice-finale-at-picture-id169093510

If I could choose between these two for a trophy wife, I would pick Ivanka in a millisecond.

personality-ivanka-trump-attends-the-all-star-celebrity-apprentice-picture-id169093520
I would not turf ether out of bed for eating crackers.

Yeah, he got caught on a hot mic...and you really think this is any different from what Faux News idiots have been caught doing over the years?

This just shows that Trump isn't that unique in what he says and has a good friend in Matthews.

Never happened! The left are always in support of women..............right?

His comment had what to do with supporting or not supporting women? Oh wait. Nothing.

The horror......a former model having a runway walk!

Interesting - on the runway walk article, a comment from fox is about Chris Mathews "slutshaming" her. Is being a model and having a model walk equal to being a slut? Seriously?

Last edited:
Where is the outrage about how this man is objectifying a woman?

I wouldn't kick either one of them out of bed for eating cookies....or watermelon for that matter.

Matthews, the mouthfoaming pig.

William Shakespeare wrote an entire play all about this....

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.

Read the article. Sounds like this is Matthews 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom