• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Chris Krebs, Former Trump Appointee of Cyber Security and Infrastructure Security Agency - 60 Minutes Interview - Debunks the Conspiracy Theories

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

1. 95% of ballots cast in 2020 had a paper record associated with it as compared to 82% in 2016. "With a paper record, you can go back and physically count the paper, and that gives you the ability to prove there was no malicious algorithm or hacked software that changed the vote." You can see this in the video at 3 minutes and 15 min.

2. At 8 mins and 30 seconds, Krebs on Rudy's press conference: "it was an apparent attempt to undermine confidence in the election system...what it was actually doing was undermining Democracy and that's dangerous."

3. At 9 mins and 20 seconds:

a) Claim: Votes tabulated in foreign countries,

Answer: "all votes in the U.S. are counted in the U.S. period."

b) Claim: Voting machines corrupted by mysterious actors in Venezuela.

Answer: "there is no evidence that any machine, that I'm aware of, was manipulated by a foreign power, period."

c) Claim: Communist money from China and Cuba used to influence the election.

Answer: "We can go on and on with all the farcical claims alleging interference, but the proof is in the ballots, and the recounts are consistent with the initial count, and to me, that's further evidence, that's confirmation, that the systems used in the 2020 election performed as expected, and the American people should have 100% confidence in their vote.

d) Claim: Sydney Powell said that Dominion companies voting machines can set and run an algorithm that probably ran all over the country to take a certain percentage of votes from President Trump and flip them to Biden.

Answer: "Votes were cast in Georgia, for instance, on paper, they were counted by a machine, they were subsequently recounted by hand. The outcomes of those counts were consistent. If there was an algorithm that was flipping votes or changing votes, it didn't work. I think the more likely explanation though is there is no algorithm, that the systems performed as intended, that the series of security controls, before, during, and after the election protected those systems from any sort of misbehavior."

--

Go to 11 mins and 30 seconds and listen to Krebs discuss the death threats made against election officials and secretaries of state, some of them Republican, who refused to toe Trump's line.

Last edited:

1. 95% of ballots cast in 2020 had a paper record associated with it as compared to 82% in 2016. "With a paper record, you can go back and physically count the paper, and that gives you the ability to prove there was no malicious algorithm or hacked software that changed the vote." You can see this in the video at 3 minutes and 15 min.

2. At 8 mins and 30 seconds, Krebs on Rudy's press conference: "it was an apparent attempt to undermine confidence in the election system...what it was actually doing was undermining Democracy and that's dangerous."

Answer: "there is no evidence that any machine that I'm aware of was manipulated by a foreign power, period."

Answer: "We can go on and on with all the farcical claims alleging interference, but the proof is in the ballots, and the recounts are consistent with the initial count, and to me, that's further evidence, that's confirmation, that the systems used in the 2020 election performed as expected, and the American people should have 100% confidence in their vote.

d) Claim: Sydney Powell said that Dominion companies voting machines can set and run an algorithm that probably ran all over the country to take a certain percentage of votes from President Trump and flip them to Biden.

Answer: "Votes were cast in Georgia, for instance, on paper, they were counted by a machine, they were subsequently recounted by hand. The outcomes of those counts were consistent. If there was an algorithm that was flipping votes or changing votes, it didn't work. I think the more likely explanation though is there is no algorithm, that the systems performed as intended, that the series of security controls, before, during, and after the election protected those systems from any sort of misbehavior."

--

Go to 11 mins and 30 seconds and listen to Krebs discuss the death threats made against election officials and secretaries of state, some of them Republican, who refused to toe Trump's line.

HAHAHA.

Trump is just embarrassing himself hourly.

I watched 60 Minutes last night. I found Krebs creditable. AZ did a verification of the vote and found no evidence of fraud or equipment tampering. His firing came to no surprise since he claimed the election was secure and Trump does not. As more time goes by I don't believe a word President Trump says or his "Team".

I watched 60 Minutes last night. I found Krebs creditable. AZ did a verification of the vote and found no evidence of fraud or equipment tampering. His firing came to no surprise since he claimed the election was secure and Trump does not. As more time goes by I don't believe a word President Trump says or his "Team".

It's hard to without doing some Spectacular leaps of logic. Many of the claims that have been made were rejected when scrutinized before the courts.

Answer: "there is no evidence that any machine, that I'm aware of, was manipulated by a foreign power, period."

--

Thanks for posting this. One thing everyone should take away from the process of the votes being challenged is that we have a very robust and safe election system. Once the states certify their tallies and the members of the Electoral College cast their votes, there should be no more questions. Challenges to a system are good and healthy, but once they are exhausted it’s time to move on.

Thanks for posting this. One thing everyone should take away from the process of the votes being challenged is that we have a very robust and safe election system. Once the states certify their tallies and the members of the Electoral College cast their votes, there should be no more questions. Challenges to a system are good and healthy, but once they are exhausted it’s time to move on.

This is a very reasonable position. Thank you for replying.

It's just not the position of Trump, his enablers, or the vast majority of his supporters. Their position is basically, "There was massive voter fraud. Trump should be the next President. Prove me wrong. And if you can't prove me wrong we are going to ask State legislatures or the courts to overturn Biden's victory. And, by the way, *** you." Go to the forums of the far-right, the websites known to be rabidly pro-Trump, and you will see people parroting Powell's ridiculous assertions, you will even sometimes see calls for violence. And you don't hear or see Republican politicians or conservatives or Republicans saying anything or speaking out against it. And belief in these ridiculous fact-free conspiracy theories is now spreading out amongst the broader population of Republicans, conservatives, and Trump-supporters. It's a problem.

And as a recap of where we are in the process:

Trump is 0-2 in recounts.
Trump and his allies are 1-39 in post-election litigation.

Georgia--certified, ongoing recount
Michigan--certified
Nevada--certified
Pennsylvania--certified
Arizona--certifying today.
Wisconsin--recount over, certifying today.

Last edited:

--

That is the worst “debunking” I’ve ever seen.

Sidney Powell’s affidavits provide 100 times the evidence that Krebs does. He does nothing but rattle off superficial talking points, with no evidence to back up his statements.

I’m sure Krebs understands that people who might potentially hack or corrupt voting machines are going to be intelligent enough not to leave an obvious paper trail.

Update:

Michigan--certified
Nevada--certified
Pennsylvania--certified
Arizona--certified

Michigan--certified
Nevada--certified
Pennsylvania--certified
Arizona--certifying today.

Sidney Powell’s affidavits provide 100 times the evidence that Krebs does. He does nothing but rattle off superficial talking points, with no evidence to back up his statements.

I’m sure Krebs understands that people who might potentially hack or corrupt voting machines are going to be intelligent enough not to leave an obvious paper trail.
Quality over quantity. There is no quality in Powell's affidavits. It is almost all quantity mixed into some baseless, evidence free statements that are opinions stated as facts.

Quality over quantity. There is no quality in Powell's affidavits. It is almost all quantity mixed into some baseless, evidence free statements that are opinions stated as facts.
Well, all this needs to be settled before a judge. But personally, I see a whole lot more “meat” in Powell’s affidavits than I do in Krebs’ interview.

This defense Krebs uses that ticket printouts prove the software was not manipulated is extremely weak, and has been debunked. Several experts have signed affidavits given testimonials that the software can be manipulated before the ticket prints out for the auditor.

And there is video footage of an exec training employees how to manually override voting tickets in the system (for clarification of voter intent), so that the override prints out during a recount.

There’s an elephant in the room here. Krebs needs to cover his ass, if it turns out our voting machines were compromised by either domestic or foreign actors, he’s liable for negligence.

WTH is that, a political comedian commenting on the Powell case? He mostly talks about formatting, and makes satirical wiseass comments.

Dunford is a lawyer, and he makes comments about formatting, and yes, he makes wiseass comments, and he also examines the alleged evidence...something you never did.

Since I know you're never going to read Powell's complaint, you should read Dunford's summary, so you can stop humiliating yourself on this forum by repeating Trump's lies.

Well, all this needs to be settled before a judge. But personally, I see a whole lot more “meat” in Powell’s affidavits than I do in Krebs’ interview.

This defense Krebs uses that ticket printouts prove the software was not manipulated is extremely weak, and has been debunked. Several experts have signed affidavits given testimonials that the software can be manipulated before the ticket prints out for the auditor.

And there is video footage of an exec training employees how to manually override voting tickets in the system (for clarification of voter intent), so that the override prints out during a recount.

There’s an elephant in the room here. Krebs needs to cover his ass, if it turns out our voting machines were compromised by either domestic or foreign actors, he’s liable for negligence.

It's over.

All the Trump-supporting crybaby, whiner, sore losers need to face the reality. Trump lost. Trump is a LOSER. This is what it means to be a LOSER:

Georgia--certified
Michigan--certified
Nevada--certified
Pennsylvania--certified
Arizona--certified
Wisconsin--certifies later today.

You'll see anything that could possibly bolster this bs "the election was stolen" mantra. But every time they get into court, the cases get tossed. Recounts confirm the original counts as accurate. Agencies have said there is no evidence of any massive fraud. There's nothing here other than a huge temper tantrum because Trump lost. There's no actual evidence, none of the affidavits prove anything, there's nothing there that gets anywhere in court.
This "election was stolen" nonsense is nothing more than Putin Disinformation by those bereaved that their Dear Leader actually lost. And lose he did, Trump lost and there's NO evidence that supports any of this inane "massive fraud" conspiracy theory.

You are seeing that because that is what you want to see. There is not more in Powell's affidavits. Most have absolutely unsupported claims. Where is any evidence for any foreign actors getting into not just their website, but their actual machines? The fact that they can get in and someone said that they were trying to get in and spying on the US is not at all evidence that they managed to do so.

Several of those "experts" use faulty information and come to conclusions without evidence. Many have cited information within their affidavits that was already shown to be false.

Last chance RS to answer this.

If the voting software was rigged to change votes then why did hand counting the original paper ballot came up with the same results?

Please explain.

WTH is that, a political comedian commenting on the Powell case? He mostly talks about formatting, and makes satirical wiseass comments.

Once again.

Powells lawsuits will be dismissed instantly.

you’ve got nothing.

Biden will be President.

Sidney Powell’s affadavits prove nothing, since they are heresay and not supported by any evidence.

You’ve got less than nothing. Sidney Powell competed with Guliani to see which one could make the bigger fool of themselves.

And, you clearly loved it.

Which suits her. She was auditioning and marketing her brand, hoping for a gig in right wing media. They all know that cranks and crackpots are believed by the Bush dead ended, tea party, MAGA crowd.

They have the proof. The noise machine presented a long list of them for your entertainment. None of them amounted to much of anything else.

The limbaughloonies all cheered for Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Joe Arpio, Donald Trump and his cast of colorful clowns and thieves, and now, the likes of Sidney Powell are trying to BS their way on to the stage.

Back
Top Bottom