• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Cuomo says protesters merit more freedom than worshippers

Few care what Chris Cuomo is saying these days, just speaking to his target audience that happens to be the furthest left and as a group they could not care any less about everyone else.

The 1A makes no such distinction, but "protestors" are much harder for the government to (attemot to) control/limit.

I can see why a man like Charlie Kirk is butthurt about not going to church, which he can still do if he really wants to, he needs all the attention of attending to save his soul. That being said Cuomo is also in the wrong about one being okay and the other not. There is nothing wrong with trying to keep a sense of normality to do both things the right way. It's up to the people to decide what to do then.

The 1A makes no such distinction, but "protestors" are much harder for the government to (attemot to) control/limit.

The rioters are an organ of the Left's agenda. They have a reason to let the riots take place and shut down the free practice of religion.

Don't gather in crowds during a pandemic

The rioters are an organ of the Left's agenda. They have a reason to let the riots take place and shut down the free practice of religion.

How do you prosecute a protest for violating a health mandate?

Few care what Chris Cuomo is saying these days, just speaking to his target audience that happens to be the furthest left and as a group they could not care any less about everyone else.

Really? Have you seen any liberal express the slightest bit of concern over preventing people from attending church? Or are they more likely to condemn the people for wanting to go to church?

Something tells me that you’d think of a way if it was a protest you didn’t agree with.

Nobody is "shutting down" a damn thing. If you want to pray you can do it anywhere; even sitting on the crapper. You can. of course, follow the bishop's example, ignore all warnings, invite crowds to your church and allow them to infect each other, and you. A couple of days after stupidly announcing, "god is larger than this dreaded virus", the ignorant idiot died-but not before generously sharing his disease with his no doubt grateful family.

Coronavirus: Bishop dies after saying ‘God is larger than this dreaded virus’ | The Independent

That's a perfect example of the utter stupidity and recklessness of the religious-right, and you want that to continue? Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Really? Have you seen any liberal express the slightest bit of concern over preventing people from attending church? Or are they more likely to condemn the people for wanting to go to church?

"Liberal concern"...

No idea, I am not quite the liberal you guys make me out to be no matter how hard you guys huddle up and try. At least not in the glued to CNN & anything Chris Cuomo sense.

"Attending church"...

My view is we have a pandemic on our hands... stay at home!... when going out for essentials or some other have to need then put on a mask, practice social distance, and wash hands as frequently as you can.

This whole "preventing people from attending church" has become more political than actual. But since you went there, if your God demands you put yourself and others at risk to sit in a pew on Sunday then I suggest you really evaluate those motives.

It is not about condemn, but feel free to feel as persecuted as Christians usually tell themselves.

Nobody is "shutting down" a damn thing. If you want to pray you can do it anywhere; even sitting on the crapper. You can. of course, follow the bishop's example, ignore all warnings, invite crowds to your church and allow them to infect each other, and you. A couple of days after stupidly announcing, "god is larger than this dreaded virus", the ignorant idiot died-but not before generously sharing his disease with his no doubt grateful family.

Coronavirus: Bishop dies after saying ‘God is larger than this dreaded virus’ | The Independent

That's a perfect example of the utter stupidity and recklessness of the religious-right, and you want that to continue? Unbelievable.

Right, the person who should decide for everyone what manner of worship people should be permitted to engage in is the “godless heathen”.

"Liberal concern"...

No idea, I am not quite the liberal you guys make me out to be no matter how hard you guys huddle up and try. At least not in the glued to CNN & anything Chris Cuomo sense.

"Attending church"...

My view is we have a pandemic on our hands... stay at home!... when going out for essentials or some other have to need then put on a mask, practice social distance, and wash hands as frequently as you can.

This whole "preventing people from attending church" has become more political than actual. But since you went there, if your God demands you put yourself and others at risk to sit in a pew on Sunday then I suggest you really evaluate those motives.

It is not about condemn, but feel free to feel as persecuted as Christians usually tell themselves.

If we want to remain a nation where the right to worship in a church is a protected right, it’s clear we cannot rely on liberals to stand up for that right.

IOW, you're lying. Ok, got it.

If we want to remain a nation where the right to worship in a church is a protected right, it’s clear we cannot rely on liberals to stand up for that right.

You being limited to bumper sticker rhetoric is one problem, but the bigger issue is you refuse to admit there is a pandemic going on.

What is not a protected right is a capability to weaponize your rights at the expense of others or declare your rights as more important than someone else's.

Right, the person who should decide for everyone what manner of worship people should be permitted to engage in is the “godless heathen”.

I'm "deciding" nothing; merely pointing out the utter stupidity of folk who dismiss a deadly pandemic as if it were no worse than a cold. Idiots like that bishop are the one's endangering everyone else. 'God' didn't help him much did it.

Ummmmmmmm, the health mandate is social distancing. Individuals should not be allowed to violate social distancing.

Back
Top Bottom