• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Coons, Harry Reid's Pet Marxist ?

Barbbtx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Delaware Democrats Nominate Chris Coons “The Bearded Marxist” For Senate
Posted on September 15, 2010 by Riley
So, you think Republicans made a mistake with nominating Christine O’Donnell as their U.S. Senate candidate? Well, get a load of who the Democrats nominated.

Republicans say they are likely to highlight an article that Mr. Coons wrote while in college titled “Chris Coons: The Bearded Marxist.”

The article, written in 1985 when Mr. Coons was 21, describes how a semester in Kenya made him question his faith in the U.S. and the capitalist system and converted him from being a Republican to a Democrat.

A self-described Marxist with Kenyan ties who questions the U.S. and the capitalist system? Why does that sound vaguely familiar?

What about his more recent record in elected office?

Under his reign, the county council has raised property taxes three times in the last three years—by 25% last year alone.

Delaware Democrats Nominate Chris Coons “The Bearded Marxist” For Senate « Virginia Virtucon

I really hope the voters go for Christine O'Donnell. This guy doesn't sound like someone we need to get us out of this mess. We want to be rid of Harry Reid so why do we want his "pet"?
O'Donnell is for lower taxes and smaller government. Coons is the opposite.

The ads the GOP should run are wonderful--dingy Hairy patting some big ugly dog on the head

O'Donnell might be a bit squirrelly but I prefer Squirrels to RINOS and especially to tax hiking leftwing Moonbats

The ads the GOP should run are wonderful--dingy Hairy patting some big ugly dog on the head

O'Donnell might be a bit squirrelly but I prefer Squirrels to RINOS and especially to tax hiking leftwing Moonbats

There's a lot of things they could have fun with.

Like O'Donnell won't be playing with herself when she's supposed to be working for the people.

So did he actually describe himself as a Marxist in that article or is it just a catchy title?

“My friends now joke that something about Kenya, maybe the strange diet, or the tropical sun, changed my personality; Africa to them seems a catalytic converter that takes in clean-shaven, clear-thinking Americans and sends back bearded Marxists,” Coons wrote, noting that at one time he had been a “proud founding member of the Amherst College Republicans.”

Seems like the title is a reference to a joke his conservative friends made after his return. I haven't seen him actually call himself a marxist anywhere.

Did you actually think we could pay for TWO wars without a tax hike? Really?! Link

Did you actually think we could pay for TWO wars without a tax hike? Really?! Link

I'm more interested in the origin of the term "moonbat." I am neither a flying rat that eats bugs nor a denizen of any satellite of the planet Earth.

Back
Top Bottom