• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump for President

akrunner88

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Of the candidates left in the Republican field, I think I do like Trump the best and agree with a lot of what Chris Christie is saying about having an outsider from Washington DC come in to shake things up. Trump seems to be very against some of the trade deals that are hurting our economy and the tax inversions taking place when companies move overseas, and I'm hoping he has a substantive solution for what he plans to do about that. I don't expect him to lay out the groundwork now, considering his campaign is moving along comfortably without going into details. But if some of his ideas he is laying out he can expand upon against Hillary Clinton in the General, I may very well vote for Trump as some of his positions go far beyond the Democrats. Both parties are beholden to their interests and are comfortable with the status quo, and I'd love to see someone like Trump come in and shake things up, and force the parties to have to operate differently going forth in regards to communicating with the American people and coming back down to our level.

Increasingly more and more liking the Donald, but I won't vote for him unless he provides some substance behind his ideas in the general. Otherwise, he's all talk.

All in all, great press conference. I've always had a soft spot for Christie though I disagree with him on quite a bit, but you can't deny how he commands attention in the room. He may even make a great running mate for Donald.

Oh yes. He would shake things up. But would you make a neophyte CEO of a DOW company? If we were not on a cusp and international security were not in a dangerous flux, I would tend to agree that the chance was okay.

Oh yes. He would shake things up. But would you make a neophyte CEO of a DOW company? If we were not on a cusp and international security were not in a dangerous flux, I would tend to agree that the chance was okay.

To be quite honest, I think voting for Trump, whether Democrat crossover or Republican is going to be a gamble. As it is he's very vague about what he wants to do, what his positions are, how he wants to accomplish them, etc. But some of the things he has mentioned, especially taxing hedge fund managers and paper pushers higher, along with reversing tax inversions and renegotiating our ****ty trade deals are all pretty liberal ideas to me. So my litmus test for voting for him comes down to him expanding on his positions with actual plans in the general election. If he can do that and satisfy my need for more knowledge of his plans, I'll tell the DNC and Hillary Clinton to go **** themselves. They deserve it to be quite honest.

Trump is a true RINO and maverick, and therefore I don't view him the same way I view the other establishment Republicans. There may very well be some obvious benefits to voting him into office if you're a liberal.

More dangerous now than 7 years ago.

To be quite honest, I think voting for Trump, whether Democrat crossover or Republican is going to be a gamble. As it is he's very vague about what he wants to do, what his positions are, how he wants to accomplish them, etc. But some of the things he has mentioned, especially taxing hedge fund managers and paper pushers higher, along with reversing tax inversions and renegotiating our ****ty trade deals are all pretty liberal ideas to me. So my litmus test for voting for him comes down to him expanding on his positions with actual plans in the general election. If he can do that and satisfy my need for more knowledge of his plans, I'll tell the DNC and Hillary Clinton to go **** themselves. They deserve it to be quite honest.

Trump is a true RINO and maverick, and therefore I don't view him the same way I view the other establishment Republicans. There may very well be some obvious benefits to voting him into office if you're a liberal.

He would probably be more liberal in the original sense of the term than BS or Clinton.

More dangerous now than 7 years ago.

The voters took a chance back then and it has shown clearly, why that is a bad idea. The difference to then is that the dangers are now greater. We really cannot rationally afford it this time anymore.

So a loud, obnoxious fat guy from New Jersey endorsed a loud, obnoxious con man from New York.

Shocking.

What Trump needs right now is Sessions to endorse and for him to make a big " it is time to burn down the establishment, which has completely failed us" speech, preferably at a Trump Rally.

What Trump needs right now is Sessions to endorse and for him to make a big " it is time to burn down the establishment, which has completely failed us" speech, preferably at a Trump Rally.

Well he'd be right. Both parties suck. I'm completely at odds with both parties and why I support Trump and Bernie Sanders, the odd couple.

Well he'd be right. Both parties suck. I'm completely at odds with both parties and why I support Trump and Bernie Sanders, the odd couple.

I am right there with you, first comes the death then comes new life. I have been calling for both parties to be killed off for years, I have advocated for never casting a vote for any incumbent till these assholes understand that they are a team that works for America and starts being as a team competent at their jobs........ and Trump is my #1 and Sanders is my #2 mainly because Sanders is a life long failed politician so I have no confidence that he could get anything done . The fact that Trump is winning and Sanders is not just goes to prove my point.

I am right there with you, first comes the death then comes new life. I have been calling for both parties to be killed off for years, I have advocated for never casting a vote for any incumbent till these assholes understand that they are a team that works for America and starts being as a team competent at their jobs........ and Trump is my #1 and Sanders is my #2 mainly because Sanders is a life long failed politician so I have no confidence that he could get anything done . The fact that Trump is winning and Sanders is not just goes to prove my point.

I'm not voting for Sanders because I think he has any realistic chance of getting a lot of what he wants passed. But some key points, such as Citizen's United and throwing shade on money in politics are things that need to be reversed. And Trump has advocated positions liberal on those two topics as well. Him and Bernie have a couple key positions in common that peak my interest more than any other social issue.

I'm not voting for Sanders because I think he has any realistic chance of getting a lot of what he wants passed. But some key points, such as Citizen's United and throwing shade on money in politics are things that need to be reversed. And Trump has advocated positions liberal on those two topics as well. Him and Bernie have a couple key positions in common that peak my interest more than any other social issue.

Citizens United was a great victory for free, unrationed political speech.

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

If Nate Silver sees it as possible, who am I to disagree? :lamo: Two bullying alpha males should make for a very interesting round of policy-type conversations in the oval office, though. Perhaps additional soundproofing might be considered a good idea? :thumbs: I lean more to Christie being chosen as Attorney General, though...

Interesting. I agree that I don't see Christie in a VP slot.

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

If Nate Silver sees it as possible, who am I to disagree? :lamo: Two bullying alpha males should make for a very interesting round of policy-type conversations in the oval office, though. Perhaps additional soundproofing might be considered a good idea? :thumbs: I lean more to Christie being chosen as Attorney General, though...

Bingo! I think he's the AG if any Repub is the next POTUS.:mrgreen:

Greetings Polgara!:2wave:

Bingo! I think he's the AG if any Repub is the next POTUS.:mrgreen:

Greetings Polgara!:2wave:

I would personally hate that as I'm a huge proponent of marijuana reform and Christie has promised to virtually kill all the progress that has been made.

Peter Pettigrew-esque.

I would personally hate that as I'm a huge proponent of marijuana reform and Christie has promised to virtually kill all the progress that has been made.

As much as I am enjoying 26% THC $10 gram weed here in Washington State, this issue does not even make my top 20 things I judge my POTUS candidate by.

Christie is merely trolling for the VP slot.

As much as I am enjoying 26% THC $10 gram weed here in Washington State, this issue does not even make my top 20 things I judge my POTUS candidate by.

It's not one of my top issues either, but I think the Republican Party would do good to move to the left on just this one issue. And nominating Christie as AG would be a mistake in my opinion, marijuana reform actually does have a huge impact on our country in terms of incarceration and criminal justice reform in general.

That is entirely out of the question. No one would advocate a POTUS candidate from NY and a VPOTUS candidate from NJ. Christie wants to be AG.

Trump better not give him much, he has been a disaster for the state in general and the NJ R party in particular. And he has shown scant management ability. Transportation Sec MAYBE.

it's not one of my top issues either, but i think the republican party would do good to move to the left on just this one issue. And nominating christie as ag would be a mistake in my opinion, marijuana reform actually does have a huge impact on our country in terms of incarceration and criminal justice reform in general.

agreed

Back
Top Bottom