• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chris Christie: Booker has 'legitimate chance' against Trump

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ie-booker-has-legitimate-chance-against-trump

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) says home state Sen. Cory Booker (D) could have what it takes to defeat President Trump.

Speaking at a Washington Post event Friday, Christie called the former Newark mayor "talented" and "articulate" and could be a force to be reckoned with in 2020.
===============================================
I like Booker & feel he has a chance against Trump. After all, there are 800,000 Government employees that won't be voting for Trump this time around for some odd reason. That's enough to swing the 2020 election to the Dems.

Chris Christie: Booker has 'legitimate chance' against Trump

With as much of Trump's lies and BS as he's spewn over the past two years, AFAIC, Bugs Bunny has a "legitimate change" against Trump.

s-l300.jpg

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ie-booker-has-legitimate-chance-against-trump

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) says home state Sen. Cory Booker (D) could have what it takes to defeat President Trump.

Speaking at a Washington Post event Friday, Christie called the former Newark mayor "talented" and "articulate" and could be a force to be reckoned with in 2020.
I like Booker & feel he has a chance against Trump. After all, there are 800,000 Government employees that won't be voting for Trump this time around for some odd reason. That's enough to swing the 2020 election to the Dems.

FWIW, that 800K doesn't include the 2M - 4.1M federal contractors who were also out of work due to the shutdown.
For those folks there's no way around it: Trump's shutdown cost them more than a month's pay.

For those interested in his stances on issues:

Cory Booker on the Issues

I'll have to weigh him against the other Dem candidates, but two of his stances I don't agree with offhand are one of his gun control stances:

•Insane to carry concealed loaded weapons cross-state. (Oct 2011)

It actually isn't insane and is a common thing to be able to do if one lives near state borders.

And the other is:

•Where Israel's security is at stake, so is America's. (Nov 2013)

I simply don't agree with that. While I agree Israel has a right to exist I do not think ALL of Israel's actions should be defended nor do I link their security with ours.

SPARTICUS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sure he has!

Trump would gobble him up in no time.

Tim-

there are 800,000 Government employees that won't be voting for Trump this time around for some odd reason

But, but... Those 800,000 already told Trump they don't mind being out of work and fully support govt shutdown. Trump himself confirmed this, remember?

SPARTICUS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sure he has!

Trump would gobble him up in no time.

Tim-

He has confessed to violating women by taking advantage of them because he was a horny college football player and they were there like apples on a tree waiting to be plucked, and he plucked.

He is going to be Kavenaughed out the coor. #Metoo will be after his ass. Stick a fork in him.

He has confessed to violating women by taking advantage of them because he was a horny college football player and they were there like apples on a tree waiting to be plucked, and he plucked.

He is going to be Kavenaughed out the coor. #Metoo will be after his ass. Stick a fork in him.

He told of an instance of something that happened when he was 15, in 1984. Once. And he told the story more than 25 years ago, when he was in Stamford. He wasn't in college playing football when he was 15. Don't lie, chuckie.

Doesn't matter, he's just not likeable in the way Obama was appealing to dims. Not that I liked Obama, never thought he was charismatic, or even a great orator, but some did, so I guess there's that.

#Metoo is a joke... Their hypocrisy is akin to the feminist movement. Their outrage only matters by what political designation one seems to hold.

Tim-

He is talented and very articulate, and quite smart, too. Stanford. Rhodes Scholar. Yale Law. Smart as Hell.

He cleaned up Newark. He was attacked by the establishment liberals in that city as being too moderate and not black enough.

I think he has a good chance at the nomination. I am going to vote in the GOP primary as always, especially if someone primaries Trump, but it will be interesting to see how he fares here in NH next year.

He told of an instance of something that happened when he was 15, in 1984. Once. And he told the story more than 25 years ago, when he was in Stamford. He wasn't in college playing football when he was 15. Don't lie, chuckie.

Sorry, but the Kavenaugh hears set a new low bar for honesty, veracity, and due process. You just made him a serial apple plucker, since most of his belt notches were in college.

Big data, as we speak is building up doxx'ing data bases. How do you think the photo of Bernie with the Russkie was found? Facial recognition scanning software.

Funny. Have you ever read the book, 1984? It's worth a read more so today than in the '70s.

#Metoo is a joke... Their hypocrisy is akin to the feminist movement. Their outrage only matters by what political designation one seems to hold.
But #Metoo was running the headlines for quite awile. They didn't back off until they had to face eating their own. Now it's a political issue showing the one sided morality of the left.

Sorry, but the Kavenaugh hears set a new low bar for honesty, veracity, and due process. You just made him a serial apple plucker, since most of his belt notches were in college.

Big data, as we speak is building up doxx'ing data bases. How do you think the photo of Bernie with the Russkie was found? Facial recognition scanning software.

Funny. Have you ever read the book, 1984? It's worth a read more so today than in the '70s.

I don't know what the "Kavenaugh (sic) hear" is, let alone what it has to do with you lying about what Booker said and did. Nor do I know what Bernie and the Russkie have to do with your lie about what Booker said and did.

If any Democrat can be a centrist and make it out as the nominee, they can beat Trump. None of this stuff about eliminating private health insurance, taxing the rich, etc. is going to fly.

I can actually see the Democrats pulling defeat out of this easy victory by going too far left.

Back
Top Bottom