• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Choosing to not use recreational drugs is...

Choosing to not use recreational drugs is...

• Total voters
My 'positive experiences' with drug users and addicts are... wait, there are none.

Choosing not to means your someone more responsible, reliable, honest and trustworthy.

In my experience, all users want to do is remove themselves from reality, relax, unwind, forget - which, at the same time, can stir a ton of other emotional and psychological issues. Ultimately, a desire to get away from things makes them unproductive and a nuisance. They get to a point where they aren't up to the task and thus just assume others will pick up the slack - while not feeling the slightest bit of guilt for their personal inconvenience because they're become detached from reality.

People keep trying to convince me that they are some sort of exception to my negative view of users, but my real-life experiences - all highly negative - overpower all that droning bs.

This topic isn't about addicts. That's not what's being asked here.

That's not even close to being true at all.

People keep saying that, but I've never met a drug addict that's worth two ****s. If this miracle ever occurs, I'll let you know.

Yes - it's supposed to be about the rare creature that is a 'casual user' but 'never gets addicted'.

If I ever meet someone who 'casually uses' but isn't quickly developing a dire addiction, I'll let you know. As it stands, I've never encountered someone who still had their head on their shoulders while enjoying any sort of drugs. Even prescription medications given by a doctor can **** people up. My reality trumps anyone's trite argument.

Last edited:
I've never seen any need, or had any real desire, to try recreational drugs. At most, I'll drink and smoke cigarettes on a social basis. Quite frankly, I've never really even liked the latter.

Wait, booze isn't a recreational drug? So you do it because you need to??? :confused:

Nicotene is HIGHLY addictive, causes cancer and does alter mood and used by many nicotine addicts as a stress reliever... :peace

People keep saying that, but I've never met a drug addict that's worth two ****s. If this miracle ever occurs, I'll let you know.

Well I'm a recreational drug user, and I'm still able to take care of my responsibilities. It's not that hard to do, really.

And just because you choose not to do drugs does not mean that you're instantly trustworthy or more responsible by default.

And really, you've never met a casual drug user? Ever met someone who drinks alcohol, but is NOT a alcoholic?

Last edited:

Yes - it's supposed to be about the rare creature that is a 'casual user' but 'never gets addicted'.

If I ever meet someone who 'casually uses' but isn't quickly developing a dire addiction, I'll let you know.

Dear lord, are you really that cynical????

I drank alcohol this weekend. Two rum & cokes Friday. One beer Saturday night with dinner. One beer Sunday night with dinner. I won't drink anything else again until this coming Friday night.

Am I an alcoholic? According to you I must be.

Well I'm a recreational drug user, and I'm still able to take care of my responsibilities. It's not that hard to do, really.

And just because you choose not to do drugs does not mean that you're instantly trustworthy or more responsible by default.

I had a feeling it was something directly personal with your response. Only people who favor drug use, support it, or actively pursue it in their life give a **** about what I have to say, negatively, about it.

Your long-distance communication in defense of yourself over the Internet doesn't alter the reality I've lived.

Yep, there are a lot of false equivalencies out there. Most people understand, though, that coffee and sugar are not the same things as cocaine and heroin. Besides, I specified "recreational drugs". Why the need to alter your mind for recreation?

Dunno about that- sugar kills more people that heroin. Ever heard of diabetes???

Alter your mind or mood? I know lots of 'high minded' folks who knock down a highball or two after work... not recreational?

Nicotine is HIGHLY addictive, legal and does major things to the brain- as addictive as heroin- but isn't considered a recreational drug along side Heroin??? :peace

I had a feeling it was something directly personal with your response. Only people who favor drug use, support it, or actively pursue it in their life give a **** about what I have to say, negatively, about it.

Your long-distance communication in defense of yourself over the Internet doesn't alter the reality I've lived.

What are you talking about? There's plenty of people who support drug use but do not do drugs. Just ask any libertarian.

I responded to what you said because it's plain incorrect, not because of some personal vendetta. I would be saying the same thing at the time I was not doing drugs recreationally, which wasn't too long ago.

You cannot divorce drug use from the dangers of addiction no matter how much you might want to.

You cannot divorce drug use from the dangers of addiction no matter how much you might want to.
But not everyone's an addict. And you can be addicted to many substances than just drugs.

Of for cripes sakes :roll: ....then talk alcohol, tobacco, sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup, food, chocolate, ....

Dear lord, are you really that cynical????

I drank alcohol this weekend. Two rum & cokes Friday. One beer Saturday night with dinner. One beer Sunday night with dinner. I won't drink anything else again until this coming Friday night.

Am I an alcoholic? According to you I must be.

Personally? I wouldn't want to be around you while you're drinking.

People who enjoy drinking always imagine they're handling it fine, until the one tragic night where they have one too many and take it out the person standing closest to them.

I'm just speaking from experience, here.

Wait, booze isn't a recreational drug? So you do it because you need to??? :confused:

Nicotene is HIGHLY addictive, causes cancer and does alter mood and used by many nicotine addicts as a stress reliever... :peace

Nicotine is not safe but show me where it's what causes cancer rather than the breathing in of smoke.

People who enjoy drinking always imagine they're handling it fine, until the one tragic night where they have one too many and take it out the person standing closest to them.

You can't be serious.

You can't be serious.

Dead serious.

Like the day I had to call the cops and file a report against my ex husband who tried to strangle me to death on the living room floor while his best friend watched.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt or killed - then who's having a ****ing good time? No one.

cheese is a drug

Cheese contains a chemical found in addictive drugs, scientists have found.

The team behind the study set out to pin-point why certain foods are more addictive than others.

Using the Yale Food Addiction Scale, designed to measure a person’s dependence on, scientists found that cheese is particularly potent because it contains casein.

The substance, which is present in all dairy products, can trigger the brain’s opioid receptors which are linked to addiction. The authors also found that processed foods were more associated with addictive behaviour, with fatty foods being the most difficult to put down.

Cheese triggers same part of brain as hard drugs, study finds | Food & Drink | Extras | The Independent

Of for cripes sakes :roll: ....then talk alcohol, tobacco, sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup, food, chocolate, ....

More false equivalencies. Why is that necessary? Most people understand there is a difference. It's why parents will let kids sprinkle sugar on their cereal and probably not cocaine.

Dead serious.

Like the day I had to call the cops and file a report against my ex husband who tried to strangle me to death on the living room floor while his best friend watched.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt or killed - then who's having a ****ing good time? No one.
OK, but I hope you realise that's the same for all alcohol users.

What is it's not about "feeling good about yourself?"

I take it you never drink coffer, beer, or wine. Never smoke cigarettes, etc.

Nope. None of the above.

Back
Top Bottom