• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Choose Your Own Civilization

Helvidius

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I wasn't sure where this thread should go. If you were told you would be sent back in time as a citizen of another country, which would you choose? Your current country is not an option. List a century and culture you would most like to be a part of.

I've always wanted to live in the time of the Druids in England. Either that or during the peak of Roman civilization.

I wasn't sure where this thread should go. If you were told you would be sent back in time as a citizen of another country, which would you choose? Your current country is not an option. List a century and culture you would most like to be a part of.

I wouldn't rather live in any time, but this. We have unprecedented luxury.

Alexander's Greece, Cicero's Rome, Shakespeare's London, Ancient Japan, Ancient China, Ancient Egypt.

I'm a history major, but I'm also a huge fan of science fiction.

Does this HAVE to be historical? Or can we look to the future?

Personally, there are lots of historical civilizations and cultures I admire, but I wouldn't give up where I am right now for any of them. In almost all cases life (for the masses) was always ****tier back then than it is now.

London, 1943 during the blitz

What an adrenaline rush

Alright, if i HAD to choose an era and a civilization, I'd want to be a legionary in the Roman Army.

Early 1400's China

To be able to see what have been reported as being the largest wooden ships ever built, and a fleet far larger then what Europe had at the time

Early 1400's China

To be able to see what have been reported as being the largest wooden ships ever built, and a fleet far larger then what Europe had at the time

800px-Zheng_He%27s_ship_compared_to_Columbus%27s.jpg

The Wyoming Territory, circa 1870. Technically not part of my country, yet. :)

I'm a history major, but I'm also a huge fan of science fiction.

Does this HAVE to be historical? Or can we look to the future?

Well the thread is under "History", but I don't have a problem with your future civilization lol.

I'd probably go with being a Viking.

Any of the Pacific Islands prior to colonisation, the cannibalism is a minus, but the food, climate, society and women are all a plus.

During the Russian Revolution and after and somehow make sure that Stalin does not take power.....

Back
Top Bottom