• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chomsky: Trump worse than Hitler

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I don't believe Obama was worse than Hitler. He was incompetent and arrogant. Every time I think of Obama, I think of the Peter Principle.

Is the Peter Principle where you fondle yourself?

Because, yeah, I do that too when I think about him. He is soooo dreamy.

Is the Peter Principle where you fondle yourself?

Because, yeah, I do that too when I think about him. He is soooo dreamy.

I have to subscribe to the “Pete Principle.” Size matters......

The Constitution will stop us from ever seeing if Trump is Hitler level of bad. Also his own clownishness will stand in the way.

Trump is in the top one percent as far as vile human beings go. He shows a willingness to play on that slippery slope to Hitler-style xenophobia. But he's too incompetent, and our nation's political infrastructure is still too strong, for him to rise to Hitler level heights of depravity.

Edit: Oh, the subject is climate change. Well, in that sense, yes, Trump has enough power and the apparent propensity to be responsible for more net damage to human life than Hitler was.

Last edited:
I don't believe Obama was worse than Hitler. He was incompetent and arrogant. Every time I think of Obama, I think of the Peter Principle.

But your Dear Leader does. Think that Obama was worse than Hitler.
What dio you think of this President saying the last one was worse than Hitler? Got an opinion?

:lamo

I was unaware of that quote.

Buck owned by post #2.

Classic.

But your Dear Leader does. Think that Obama was worse than Hitler.
What dio you think of this President saying the last one was worse than Hitler? Got an opinion?

For the sake of clarification, the quote attributed to Trump was satire. I know some of you know that, but without spelling it out, some people will walk away from this thinking it's a real thing.

The Burrard Street Journal is an online satire news website based in Vancouver, BC. The site gained notoriety in August 2016 after a number of websites reported a BSJ article about then President Obama moving to Canada as fact.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bur...9i57.7160j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Buck owned by post #2.

Classic.

giphy.gif

Godwin's Law never disappoints.

:)

yawn...

Just another talking potato head trying to out rhetoric the other talking potato heads through the use of spin, speculation, innuendo, a LOT of hyperbole...and a few lies.

Moving on...

He say words I no likey!

You even seemed to have missed the fact that Bucky was citing a breitbart article and agreeing with its criticism of things allegedly said by Chomsky. So was that "Just another talking potato head trying to out rhetoric the other talking potato heads through the use of spin, speculation, innuendo, a LOT of hyperbole...and a few lies." I'm glad you think the breitbart article-writer was garbage.

Or is Chomsky the "potato head" while the guy who wrote the breitbart article is magically not?

You don't have many options here; mate in 1.

Last edited:
Hard to blame people for believing satirical quotes attributed to Trump. Trump says so many Onion-worthy things that it's hard to keep track of what's real and what's parody. I'm frequently doublechecking that something is not parody before I reply to a thread about it.

For the sake of clarification, the quote attributed to Trump was satire. I know some of you know that, but without spelling it out, some people will walk away from this thinking it's a real thing.

The Burrard Street Journal is an online satire news website based in Vancouver, BC. The site gained notoriety in August 2016 after a number of websites reported a BSJ article about then President Obama moving to Canada as fact.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bur...9i57.7160j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Okay, I was suckered.
Doesn't happen often and I should have known better being from the Vancouver area but there it is.

Hard to blame people for believing satirical quotes attributed to Trump. Trump says so many Onion-worthy things that it's hard to keep track of what's real and what's parody. I'm frequently doublechecking that something is not parody before I reply to a thread about it.

Yep, it is completely believable. It is satire. I am sure for some, it is surprising he didn't say that. :lol:

For the record, the second one with the Texas Congressman is real. He did apologize after he said it.

He doesn't literally say Trump is worse than Hitler. He says Trump is knowingly contributing to global warming and thus the possible destruction of human life. He essentially says that even Hitler didn't go that far.

Here's the quote:

We have to make decisions now which will literally determine whether organized human life can survive in any decent form. You can just imagine what the world would be like if the sea level rises, say, 10 or 20 feet or even higher, which is within the range—easily within the range of predictions. I mean, the consequences are unimaginable. But it’s as if we’re kind of like the proverbial lemmings just happily marching off the cliff, led by leaders who understand very well what they’re doing, but are so dedicated to enriching themselves and their friends in the near future that it simply doesn’t matter what happens to the human species. There’s nothing like this in all of human history. There have been plenty of monsters in the past, plenty of them. But you can’t find one who was dedicated, with passion, to destroying the prospects for organized human life. Hitler was horrible enough, but not that.

It's a little idiotic and dishonest to reduce what he said to "Trump worse than Hitler" don't you agree?

And every time I think of Trump I think of the mushroom in Mario Cart.

He say words I no likey!

You even seemed to have missed the fact that Bucky was citing a breitbart article and agreeing with its criticism of things allegedly said by Chomsky. So was that "Just another talking potato head trying to out rhetoric the other talking potato heads through the use of spin, speculation, innuendo, a LOT of hyperbole...and a few lies." I'm glad you think the breitbart article-writer was garbage.

Or is Chomsky the "potato head" while the guy who wrote the breitbart article is magically not?

You don't have many options here; mate in 1.

They are all talking potato heads.

Back
Top Bottom