• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chip shop branded 'racist' in sauce row

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A GLASWEGIAN has branded an Edinburgh chip shop "racist" after it charged him for ketchup while giving away brown sauce.
Tony Winters has complained to Trading Standards after the shop tried to charge him 25p for a sachet of tomato ketchup, claiming it was "racial discrimination".
Mr Winters was with his fiancee and friend when they went to the Gold Sea chippy in Ferry Road. The father of five, originally from Glasgow but who has lived in Edinburgh for 18 years, said it was "morally wrong" for the shop to offer one sauce free while charging for the other. He said he felt "racially persecuted". Link.

Who says racism can't be funny sometimes...

Who says racism can't be funny sometimes... [/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

This isn't exactly racism but it does show how silly some claims of racism have become.

This isn't exactly racism but it does show how silly some claims of racism have become.

Dude... just walk around Glasgow with an Edinburgh accent or vice versa and then come back and say that... LOL.

Dude... just walk around Glasgow with an Edinburgh accent or vice versa and then come back and say that... LOL.

I'm liking your post to make it look like I know exactly what you're talking about. :D

what the hell is a sachet?

what the hell is a sachet?

Its a small packet of a sauce, eg:
1338373537-31910200.jpg

I'm liking your post to make it look like I know exactly what you're talking about. :D

Its like walking around California with a heavy Texan Accent I would guess. :D

If he tried that with an English accent he wouldn't come back. :lol:

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

People that put ketchup on everything are among the most annoying on earth and SHOULD be required to pay more.

Its a small packet of a sauce, eg:
1338373537-31910200.jpg

Some parts of the country (especially Edinburgh) it's a mincing walk done by effete males. That puts a whole new light on the Glaswegian's request.

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

This just in!

Sharpton will be on the Red-eye flight to the chip shop with a notion to right this wrong.

Ps - he will be signing books after the protest.

The comments at the link are fantastic!

Irene Danks, Falkirk
• 2 days ago

Oh what a complete and total Elmer....
Anyway, in the sophisticated chippies of Falkirk, the customer is offered a selection of all three condiments. Though generally only the sauce de broon is on display. I can't be absolutely sure of this as I, in remembrance of my late mother's refusal to allow eating of chips in the street, take them home un-condimented, and add my own. In remembrance of my late father's assurances that the chips and batter, if one is partaking a fish, or other deep fried delectation, supper, go soggy if left in the poke for any length of time. I am now hungry....

People that put ketchup on everything are among the most annoying on earth and SHOULD be required to pay more.

Anyone who ever eats chips with some proper gravy will never use ketchup again.

Chips with malt vinegar... ummmm! Don't know what that "brown sauce" is, but I'd sure like to try it! :)

Back
Top Bottom