• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chinese student accused of trying to poison U.S. college roommate

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-to-poison-u-s-college-roommate-idUSKCN1OK1XF

HARRISBURG, Pa. (Reuters) - A Chinese student attending Lehigh University in Pennsylvania has been arrested and charged with attempting to murder his roommate of four years with a component of rat poison he ordered online, prosecutors said.

Yukai Yang, 22, who is in the United States on a student visa, is to appear in court next month to face charges that he put thallium, a component of rat poison, in the milk and mouthwash of his roommate, Juwan Royal, who is black, according to charging documents.
========================================
Even though these 2 young men had been room mates for a while, Yang had been posting hate messages containing the 'N' word.

Thallium has been used for a long time as a component in certain rat poisons. It is very toxic but can be easily detected in modern hospital lab equipment. Even though Yang was a chemistry major, he could have used more subtle organic poisons that would have been virtually impossible to detect or trace back to him.

Hair loss is a signature symptom of thallium poisoning but the symptoms the victim suffered that were listed on the TV news did not include hair loss.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thallium

Last edited:
That story took a racial twist at the last second that I wasn’t expecting.

Glad they figured it out.

I guess Yang never watched Forensic Files.

That's a great series.

Yep, I've seen them all. If I were ever to murder somebody I'd know how careful I'd have to be because there are a zillion ways evidence is left.

Yang had been posting hate messages containing the 'N' word.

Everyone has learned the hard way that one should be SUPER careful about such alleged incidents.

After impartial investigations, many of these alleged incidents have been proved to have been fabricated by the "victim."

Let's wait before jumping to conclusions.

As we all know, human beings are notorious liars.

At this juncture, only the individual who wrote that word knows who did it.

Back
Top Bottom