• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chinese Food Delivery

c0wardlyli0n

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Am I the only person who gets carried away when ordering Chinese food? I am a big fan of the oily Americanized Chinese restaurant and accordingly, I partake in the delight fairly regularly. I'm blessed with dozens of choices close to my home and now some of them have online ordering. I especially like the online ordering for a few reasons. First, there's never any misunderstandings due to language difficulties. Second, the menu is laid out nicely and it's easy to order. Finally, they have a "rewards" system for free menu items depending on how much one spends. The last one is what gets me oftentimes..... It's usual for me to spend upwards of 50 dollars each time I order. Now granted I have food for several days, but I think I might have a problem (aside from the unhealthy nature of the stuff I order).

You ought to order from this place next time:

WwAMPpU.jpg

:2razz:

I do the same thing. Then I get so tired of Chinese food, that I don't want to eat it again for 3 months.

Beats going to a Chinese place and listening to Latin beat. True story. Friends insisted on lunch at their favorite Chinese place. To my surprise, I couldn't find a Chinese person anywhere except for one waitress. Has anyone else had this experience?

So yeah, pick your restaurant wisely and have your food delivered.

Am I the only person who gets carried away when ordering Chinese food? I am a big fan of the oily Americanized Chinese restaurant and accordingly, I partake in the delight fairly regularly. I'm blessed with dozens of choices close to my home and now some of them have online ordering. I especially like the online ordering for a few reasons. First, there's never any misunderstandings due to language difficulties. Second, the menu is laid out nicely and it's easy to order. Finally, they have a "rewards" system for free menu items depending on how much one spends. The last one is what gets me oftentimes..... It's usual for me to spend upwards of 50 dollars each time I order. Now granted I have food for several days, but I think I might have a problem (aside from the unhealthy nature of the stuff I order).

Probably an MSG addiction. Or salt.

I love rice from a Chinese restaurant. Never turns out the same for me. I always order an extra large container of rice and freeze it in Ziplocks. Thaw and heat in a rice bowl in the microwave. Just like fresh. Matter of fact, I'm making beef and broccoli tonight out of strip steak. Rice and steak thawing as we speak.

Probably an MSG addiction. Or salt.

I love rice from a Chinese restaurant. Never turns out the same for me. I always order an extra large container of rice and freeze it in Ziplocks. Thaw and heat in a rice bowl in the microwave. Just like fresh. Matter of fact, I'm making beef and broccoli tonight out of strip steak. Rice and steak thawing as we speak.

Do you have a rice steamer? A lot of restaurants use them. You just add rice, water, oil if you want, and it comes out perfect.

Beats going to a Chinese place and listening to Latin beat. True story. Friends insisted on lunch at their favorite Chinese place. To my surprise, I couldn't find a Chinese person anywhere except for one waitress. Has anyone else had this experience?

So yeah, pick your restaurant wisely and have your food delivered.

Panda Express hires quite a few Latino workers. I've never seen one at a mom and pop Chinese restaurant though.

2:1 water/rice ratio, add a hint of rice wine vinegar and salt to taste. Bring water to a boil, add well rinsed rice, bring back up to a boil, barely simmer until tender...water will be absorbed.
Works every time.

I used to love ordering from Happy Yangs Chinese in Pacific Grove Ca. THe guy took most of the phone orders, super chirpy happy with very bad english, seemed like he was playing dumb a lot of the time. Talk about using your genetics to advantage, the place was busy. And very good. I have NEVER since had moo shoo pork as good. The full name was Yang's Happy Family Restaurant. Yelpers are still talking about how good it was.

2:1 water/rice ratio, add a hint of rice wine vinegar and salt to taste. Bring water to a boil, add well rinsed rice, bring back up to a boil, barely simmer until tender...water will be absorbed.
Works every time.

I always use 2 1/2:1 and cook the rice uncovered. I never got the whole "You've gotta cook it covered up or it will end up undercooked." routine. I use Jasmine rice and it turns out perfect every time, because I can monitor it's doneness as it cooks and give a couple of stirs as it cooks.

I like calrose rice. I use a rice cooker and it's delicious on its own without anything added to it.

Panda Express hires quite a few Latino workers. I've never seen one at a mom and pop Chinese restaurant though.

Nope, was not chain restaurant. I get your drift though.

Back
Top Bottom