• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Chinese death penalty

That would sure make normal occasional criminals think twice, if this procedure was done in UNITED STATES.

Can't say the women were criminals cause it's communism and you don't know what they did or if it was personal thing for the ruler to kill them I DUNNO.

Examples are only effective if they are done out in public.All I see in those photos are military/police,no civlians except for the ones being executed.

jamesrage said:
Examples are only effective if they are done out in public.All I see in those photos are military/police,no civlians except for the ones being executed.

It wouldn't surprise me if the only crime these people committed that were executed, was the crime of freedom of speech or opposing a tyrannical chinese government. That costed their lives.

It wouldn't surprise me if the only crime these people committed that were executed, was the crime of freedom of speech or opposing a tyrannical chinese government. That costed their lives.

Ever heard of the old saying "when in Rome do as the Romans do"?They know the rules in their country and how one should live by them.If they did do not like those rules then they should go somewhere else.

I wonder what they did, to get shot for? DD7 where did you get your pics at's?

Hey, now, don't be dissing our Chinese friends.:(

jamesrage said:
Ever heard of the old saying "when in Rome do as the Romans do"?They know the rules in their country and how one should live by them.If they did do not like those rules then they should go somewhere else.

Ohh yeah, that justifies everything. The Chinese citizens who really want to leave, can just simply pack their bags and leave for somewhere else, that simple, no problem, right? Riiiigghhht. They can't just pack their bags and leave. Things are not that simple. The Chinese govt will execute anybody just for spilling coffee accidentally on a chinese leaders face or for having toe jam. Doesn't give the chinese government any right to execute some of these political prisoners in such a manner and nor does the chinese government have any sort of legitimacy for that matter.

Governments are not moral agents. They do not do things based on what is morally right.

Ohh yeah, that justifies everything. The Chinese citizens who really want to leave, can just simply pack their bags and leave for somewhere else, that simple, no problem, right? Riiiigghhht. They can't just pack their bags and leave. Things are not that simple. The Chinese govt will execute anybody just for spilling coffee accidentally on a chinese leaders face or for having toe jam. Doesn't give the chinese government any right to execute some of these political prisoners in such a manner and nor does the chinese government have any sort of legitimacy for that matter.

You do not run China therefore you do not have a right to say what China has a right to do to it's citizens.

Jamesrage said:
Rolf, It's funny how some people can morally justify getting executed for speaking against the government. Government sanctioned murder for trivial matters is stupid. Just because "it's the government" they can do what ever they want, like kill innocent and guilty alike, bull frick.

You do not run China therefore you do not have a right to say what China has a right to do to it's citizens.
Again, just because "they're the government" doesn't mean they have the right to do what ever they want.

jamesrage said:
Uh, and how do you propose they do that in a communist regime? Here, you're free to go with a passport and a ticket.
Rules of the country? If we followed the first rules here ever made, they'd still be hanging witches.

Rolf, It's funny how some people can morally justify getting executed for speaking against the government. Government sanctioned murder for trivial matters is stupid. Just because "it's the government" they can do what ever they want, like kill innocent and guilty alike, bull frick.

We are not China and we have no say what is right or wrong over in China.

Again, just because "they're the government" doesn't mean they have the right to do what ever they want.

If it was the US were people were people were getting executed for speaking out against the government then it would be a different story,but this is China we are talking about.
Can you honestly tell me that you are shocked by what goes on over in China?Over there it is a serious crime to speak out against your government,everybody in China knows that, it is not something that came out the day before those photos were taken.

Orignally posted by ngdawg
Uh, and how do you propose they do that in a communist regime?

The same way these other people did.
http://www.asian-nation.org/enclaves.shtml

# of Immigrants, Refugees, & Asylees
1971-1980 1981-1990 1991-2000 2001-2004
China 138,068 354,675 426,722 212,724
[/QUOTE]

If we followed the first rules here ever made, they'd still be hanging witches.

This is not the US we are talking about,Chinia plays a different than we do.

Jamesrage said:
We are not China and we have no say what is right or wrong over in China.
Yes we do, I have the right to think that something is wrong.

If it was the US were people were people were getting executed for speaking out against the government then it would be a different story,but this is China we are talking about.
Can you honestly tell me that you are shocked by what goes on over in China?Over there it is a serious crime to speak out against your government,everybody in China knows that, it is not something that came out the day before those photos were taken.
It's okay in China, but not in the US? That's a fallacious statement that has a vague racist streak in it.

This is not the US we are talking about,Chinia plays a different than we do.
And it's wrong that they do so. The philosophy "screw everyone else because I'm doing fine" starts breaking down if you start needing help.

If someone next door, or someone in your family was taken and killed because they spoke against the government, then it doesn't matter unless they were American? When did the Chinese become an inferior race?

We should at the very least SAY something about governments who kill dissidents for simply trying to change government. And we could, perish the thought, have a huge rally and declare our intention to refrain from buying all the chinese products that we are currently stocking on the shelves at WalMart.
I should ask my chinese friend about this. He and his wife are now U.S. citizens, but are considering moving back to China so they can raise their child in a better environment.

Actually, we DO have a right to say how another country's treatment of its citizens is right or wrong and this government has imposed sanctions in those beliefs.
The unfortunate truth regarding our stance with China is, as Utahbill pointed out, the goods that come here from China. When Nixon opened the way for trade agreements and such, it was pointed out how many things were made by prisoners as slave labor and it was hoped that that practice would end as we exported more and more. Now we don't hear much about it, but that doesn't mean it's still not happening.
Without accompanying stories, we don't know why those people were executed, we're assuming they're dissidents.
As for the number of immigrants, are they legal, illegal, sponsored or tossed out of China for refusing to join the communist party? And how do over 200,000 people help by leaving?
Tianamen Square spoke to what should happen in China, but it also spoke as to the fear and control the government holds over its citizens.

jamesrage said:

The UN has compiled a list of basic human rights. Perhaps you feel that list should be revised?

Originally Posted by Gandhi>Bush
The UN has compiled a list of basic human rights. Perhaps you feel that list should be revised?

Yeah I am sure China is reading that list of human rights right now,they said they will abide by the list by February 30.

Yeah I am sure China is reading that list of human rights right now,they said they will abide by the list by February 30.
What bearing does the ability of the Chinese government to recognize human rights have on the morality of human rights?

What bearing does the ability of the Chinese government to recognize human rights have on the morality of human rights?

China's lack of morality has nothing to do with our morality.

jamesrage said:

The UN Charter of basic human rights is one agreed upon by a collective of nations. You put forward that we have no say as to what is right and wrong in China, to that I would contend that we have say to what is right and wrong anywhere at any time. It is my position that where their is suffering, we certainly have a say its position on the morality scale.

James Rage said:
China's lack of morality has nothing to do with our morality.
We are responsible for ourselves, screw everyone else, eh? Well, some us would disagree, some people care about other people, those of us who do will make it our morality, we will make it our business.

We are responsible for ourselves, screw everyone else, eh? Well, some us would disagree, some people care about other people, those of us who do will make it our morality, we will make it our business.

Good deeds bite us in the ass.Look at most of Europe,China and some of those other countries, ungratefull ****s all of them except for our real allies.

Good deeds bite us in the ass.Look at most of Europe,China and some of those other countries, ungratefull ****s all of them except for our real allies.
You don't want to help people because they won't be grateful? Europe has a seeming incurable superiority complex, yes, but what happened when no one moved to stop the Kaiser in WWI at the beginning, and then Hitler in WWII? We wait, and wait, until it gets so out of hand that we have to do something. Why do we always have to wait until we have to? What can't we deal with it now?

That fact is, history has shown us that when we stay out of other countries business, it eventually becomes our business.

Back
Top Bottom