• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chinese companies 'rent' white foreigners

Yeah everywhere I went and every Chinese man I interacted with always started off the convo by offering me a cigarette. When I first lived in China I would just tell them no and it would make things awkward. They had this look on their face like, "Why would he not want my cigarettes? Does he think he's above me?" Later I just started telling them that I had "a condition" (医疗条件) and gave them the impression that it was private and I couldn't talk about it. It didn't really save me from having to inhale smoke indoors though. Trains are the worst.

Hey Obama could invite some Chinese company's to open up here in US, might help the unemployment situation.
Every little helps.

Hey Obama could invite some Chinese company's to open up here in US, might help the unemployment situation.
Every little helps.
Are you serious?

Yeah everywhere I went and every Chinese man I interacted with always started off the convo by offering me a cigarette. When I first lived in China I would just tell them no and it would make things awkward. They had this look on their face like, "Why would he not want my cigarettes? Does he think he's above me?" Later I just started telling them that I had "a condition" (医疗条件) and gave them the impression that it was private and I couldn't talk about it. It didn't really save me from having to inhale smoke indoors though. Trains are the worst.

The smoking problem is really horrible there. The government, like in many other things, makes no more than a half-hearted attempt to do anything about it. I didn't have serious problems on trains, but about everywhere else I went, it was nearly impossible to avoid the strench of the cancer sticks...

Back
Top Bottom