• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China's military-run space station in Argentina is a 'black box'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ion-in-argentina-is-a-black-box-idUSKCN1PP0I2

LAS LAJAS, Argentina - When China built a military-run space station in Argentina’s Patagonian region it promised to include a visitors’ center to explain the purpose of its powerful 16-story antenna.

The center is now built - behind the 8-foot barbed wire fence that surrounds the entire space station compound. Visits are by appointment only.
===========================================
Shrouded in secrecy & with little oversight by the Argentine government, the huge microwave communications or radio astronomy facility has raised concerns among the U.S. military.

I wonder what happens if Argentina just says, no.... no more space station....

I wonder what happens if Argentina just says, no.... no more space station....

That may not be an option. You & I don't know the full back story here. While it looks like a radio telescope, the fact that it is run by the Chinese military is disturbing. It may have offensive anti-space capabilities, like jamming or destroying our GPS satellites for example.

It is the station that will be the link to any Moon shot when China is on the other side of the earth.

Wot? Where is the problem?

That may not be an option. You & I don't know the full back story here. While it looks like a radio telescope, the fact that it is run by the Chinese military is disturbing. It may have offensive anti-space capabilities, like jamming or destroying our GPS satellites for example.
:crazy3:

To do jamming you need lots of power. Spot any large power stations?

Mr Bond, you are nothing but a stupid policeman...

NUaB8Vv.jpg

Earth-moon-Earth communications (EME) is as good an explanation as any lacking any additional facts.

Back
Top Bottom