• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China Won't Supply Russia With Military Equipment After U.S. Warnings

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Last week I posted that I wouldn't be surprised if Biden was successful in convincing China to not help russia.

China won't help russia.

I wasn't wrong and I'm not surprised.

This is what a real leader does. He talks and uses diplomacy. He doesn't go around threatening everyone. No one cooperates with a bully.

Thank goodness we have a real leader who tries to do the right thing now. The world and especially Ukraine, would be royally screwed if trump was president now.

Last week I posted that I wouldn't be surprised if Biden was successful in convincing China to not help russia.

China won't help russia.

This is what a real leader does. He talks and uses diplomacy. He doesn't go around threatening everyone. No one cooperates with a bully.

Thank goodness we have a real leader who tries to do the right thing now. The world and especially Ukraine, would be royally screwed if trump was president now.

Hmm, excuse my cynicism but didn't Putin say he wasn't interested in invading Ukraine? I trust the word of the Chinese government about as much. Then, lest we forget, we had Reagan's infamous guns for hostages scandal; Iran-Contra, and Bush's Iraqi WMD lies. Who do we trust to tell us the truth if we can't trust our own leaders?

Well it's good if they don't. But I'm not going to believe China.
I mean I doubt they did it because of anything the US said anything. It isn't especially in their interest to do so, otherwise they probably wouldn't have agreed to it.

Last edited:

China won't help russia.

Biden did warn that Putin was a danger and not to be trusted.

Trump told us Putin was our friend

One of these men understands geopolitics, the other not so much.

China won't help russia.

Quiet diplomacy is the way the Biden WH operates.

MBS refused Biden's initial request to pump more Saudi Oil. Biden reminded MBS that the Patriot Launchers now protecting Saudis Southern border from drones are loaners from the US.

MBS has now agreed to Biden's request. This how diplomacy works, quietly in the background.

Well it's good if they don't. But I'm not going to believe China.
I suspect that they look at Russia being weaker, and involved elsewhere in their own personal interest. I mean, would you want to arm a belligerent neighbor that you don't trust?

I suspect that they look at Russia being weaker, and involved elsewhere in their own personal interest. I mean, would you want to arm a belligerent neighbor that you don't trust?
I think that if the international response hadn't been so unified and strong, they might. China has its own expansionist desires.

Biden hasn't done a terrible job working with the international community to put pressure on Russia, and this whole thing has highlighted how weak Putin really is. So China may be trying to walk back their relationship with Russia now.

I think that if the international response hadn't been so unified and strong, they might. China has its own expansionist desires.

Biden hasn't done a terrible job working with the international community to put pressure on Russia, and this whole thing has highlighted how weak Putin really is. So China may be trying to walk back their relationship with Russia now.
A really weak Russia could have China move into some of the region to the north?? Russia would not be able to stop it.

China won't help russia.

Thank you president Biden.

A really weak Russia could have China move into some of the region to the north?? Russia would not be able to stop it.

Of course they would. They’ve still got nukes.

China won't help russia.

That’s assuming China isn’t outright lying. After all, it costs them nothing to placate the West while, gee, what do you know, all this equipment mysteriously vanished......

China won't help russia.

The word of the Chinese is probably every bit as valid and trustworthy as the word of Americans.

Ah-so, Grasshoppah.

Still: sounds fine. I too support diplomacy instead of braindead Twitter rants.

"The USG has the GOD-GIVEN RIGHT to control the war weapons on Earth and to control everyone and everything on Earth!"

So does China.

Stalemate when it comes to nukes.

None of which changes the fact that said nukes mean the idea of Chinese expansionism into Russian territory is laughable

China won't help russia.

Joe has been absolute gold to American.

My God i admire him.
I long held Bush Sr. up as the greatest president since Ww2 followed by Ronnie.

Looks like Joe goes to the head of the line.

I mean I doubt they did it because of anything the US said anything. It isn't especially in their interest to do so, otherwise they probably wouldn't have agreed to it.

And Biden did a layout of how it would hurt China if they did.

No one thinks China bowed against their best interest. That is a silly submission .

Joe has been absolute gold to American.

My God i admire him.
I long held Bush Sr. up as the greatest president since Ww2 followed by Ronnie.

Looks like Joe goes to the head of the line.

You shouldn't tip your hand like that.

No. CHina 🇨🇳 is not walking into Russian territory. Good grief.

‐-----------

A general comment to for the thread.

The posts the last few days on this war have shown a severe lack of knowledge, reasoning and understanding by the average poster.

It is very disconcerting to read many of the posts. They tell a story of superficial intellectual mimicking talking heads from their preferred tribes. NOTHING MORE.

Come on people, you have to be better in what you post.

China stands to gain by encouraging but not supporting Russia. The more isolated Russia becomes, the more they will depend on China and the more China can exploit the Russian desperation. China will negotiate oil and raw material prices that are insanely low and Russia will have no choice.

Back
Top Bottom