• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China Won't Supply Russia With Military Equipment After U.S. Warnings

Last week I posted that I wouldn't be surprised if Biden was successful in convincing China to not help russia.

China won't help russia.

I wasn't wrong and I'm not surprised.

This is what a real leader does. He talks and uses diplomacy. He doesn't go around threatening everyone. No one cooperates with a bully.

Thank goodness we have a real leader who tries to do the right thing now. The world and especially Ukraine, would be royally screwed if trump was president now.

China knows even if it does not speak it, China knows that it would still be back in the desperate years as a nation if it were not for the Western World of Nations and the Trade it benefitted from these Western Nations.

China, also knows that Western Nations, can rebuild Industry and work with many other nations, and that would be a deep cut into the economics of China.
Geo-Political Economic Function is a very big matter...and No Country should want to cause damage to it and isolate themselves.

Last week I posted that I wouldn't be surprised if Biden was successful in convincing China to not help russia.

China won't help russia.

This is what a real leader does. He talks and uses diplomacy. He doesn't go around threatening everyone. No one cooperates with a bully.

Thank goodness we have a real leader who tries to do the right thing now. The world and especially Ukraine, would be royally screwed if trump was president now.

China won't help Russia......they say.

Believing China on anything is like believing a starving tiger won't attack you if you walk around it with raw meat tied around your neck.

The headline implies that Biden's "warnings" caused China to change its position. According to the article itself, though, China wasn't supplying weapons, just humanitarian aid, and China said it will continue to do so.

Also, the article doesn't suggest "diplomacy." According to the article, Biden just told China if they were to give military aid to Russia, there would be serious consequences. That's a threat, not a negotiation. And, China basically said "we make our own judgments here, and we've been giving humanitarian aid and we don't succumb to threats."

Article is a big nothing.

The headline implies that Biden's "warnings" caused China to change its position. According to the article itself, though, China wasn't supplying weapons, just humanitarian aid, and China said it will continue to do so.

Also, the article doesn't suggest "diplomacy." According to the article, Biden just told China if they were to give military aid to Russia, there would be serious consequences. That's a threat, not a negotiation. And, China basically said "we make our own judgments here, and we've been giving humanitarian aid and we don't succumb to threats."

Article is a big nothing.
Of course China is going to say what they have to in order to save face, that's their culture.

Hmm, excuse my cynicism but didn't Putin say he wasn't interested in invading Ukraine? I trust the word of the Chinese government about as much. Then, lest we forget, we had Reagan's infamous guns for hostages scandal; Iran-Contra, and Bush's Iraqi WMD lies. Who do we trust to tell us the truth if we can't trust our own leaders?
And don't forget the reason behind Benghazi; which was Obama selling guns. Yeah, can't trust a turd Democrat. :p

Of course China is going to say what they have to in order to save face, that's their culture.
Certainly, it's possible, just as it's possible for western countries to make false statements for global political reasons. We don't know if they were going to start supplying weapons and now they're not because of Biden's tough talk. We have no evidence either way.

And don't forget the reason behind Benghazi; which was Obama selling guns. Yeah, can't trust a turd Democrat. :p
Adios. You add nothing to this thread or forum but partisan cheap shots.

China stands to gain by encouraging but not supporting Russia. The more isolated Russia becomes, the more they will depend on China and the more China can exploit the Russian desperation. China will negotiate oil and raw material prices that are insanely low and Russia will have no choice.
This. China will be able to create a powerful vassal state out of Russia if they continue to isolate themselves. Raw resources from Africa, Russia and North Korea could be very profitable for China.

Certainly, it's possible, just as it's possible for western countries to make false statements for global political reasons. We don't know if they were going to start supplying weapons and now they're not because of Biden's tough talk. We have no evidence either way.
Generally the US government is far more trustworthy than a government which engages in genocide.

Generally the US government is far more trustworthy than a government which engages in genocide.
'Genocide' has become misused in the context of the Russian invasion. It's an emotionally charged word much beloved of propagandists. Putin is in the business of territorial acquisition and I think it's highly unlikely he's seeking to do away with the population of over 43 million Ukrainian nationals.

'Genocide' has become misused in the context of the Russian invasion. It's an emotionally charged word much beloved of propagandists. Putin is in the business of territorial acquisition and I think it's highly unlikely he's seeking to do away with the population of over 43 million Ukrainian nationals.
Well, his forces are being indiscriminate in killing civilians. I watched a Russian tank intentionally shell a residential high-rise.

China won't help russia.

China will be supplying Russian soldiers with rations though, because theyre starving in Ukraine.

Here is a video of what they will eat:

China won't help russia.

If China waits a bit, Russia will be more desperate — better bargains

At best, Biden probably only indicated a additional surcharge to China's potential costs for helping Russia out now.

China will step in to help Russia eventually.
But it won't be to support Russia's military adventurism.
China will step in to help mop up the mess Putin leaves behind.

Biden did warn that Putin was a danger and not to be trusted.

Trump told us Putin was our friend

One of these men understands geopolitics, the other not so much.

That statement would not have been a lie if Trump the Terrorist had used a singular first-person pronoun instead of the plural. Putin is one of his personal friends beyond politics.

The U.S. is China's #1 trading partner. Russia has a tiny economy. Thus, the U.S. is far more important to China than Russia.
Yeah, but I still don't trust China.

Back
Top Bottom